Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:02:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coin client returning error: {"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"}  (Read 2349 times)
cryptodruti (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:56:59 PM

I've spent the weekend cloning alt coins for shits n' gigs, and was able to successfully clone a scrypt coin, and a few other simple coins. I decided to step it up today and tried cloning a PoW/PoS x13 coin, basically the same process and was able to get past mining the genesis block and connecting two nodes. However the client only accepts certain commands such as "getinfo", "getnewaddress" and a few others, but returns the error: {"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"} for the command "setgenerate true" and a few other commands. Anyone have any idea whats causing this? I would really appreciate some help  Smiley
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodruti (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:11:25 AM

ill tip some btc to whoever helps me  Undecided
clemahieu

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:16:11 AM

It's not much of an insight but "method not found" errors are automatically or programmatically generated responses because it doesn't know the commands you gave it.  I noticed you said "a scrypt coin" which omits which code base you used.  Code bases can claim to be "scrypt coin"s but not implement all functions in other scrypt coins which is probably what you're running in to.

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
ghdeveloper

Activity: 516

Hei everybody

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:58:18 AM

I got same error when get block unblock altcoin in cryptonight pool lib/blockUnlocker.js

Error with getblockheaderbyheight RPC request for block xxxxxxxxxx - {"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"}

Any suggestion?
Thanks

The private digital currency for secure payments   ═══▌▌     XEONBIT (XNB) & XEONBIT TOKEN (XNS)     ▐▐═══   For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
Mining Pool     Explorer     Trading Xeonbit       ANN Thread       Twitter     Telegram    Facebook    Discord   Youtube   Distributed Exchange
═══════════════════     Xeonbit Token XNS    ═══════════════════
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: