Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever  (Read 2864 times)
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:30:43 PM

i've read pretty much all of Taiibi's articles since the crisis in 2007.  i think he's been pretty much spot on.

Yet nothing changes. Donning my conspiracy hat for a moment, I like to think of Taiibi as controlled opposition.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:39:56 PM

This is the one case where I think death penalty is a good idea.
Grin Grin Grin
Freemasons never get death penalty because they control the finance, the politics and the justice.

Freemasons are the founding fathers of the US, and of all the Americas too.

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

Okay, I read through some of this.  And it just seems like a lot of words without much substance.  Is it basically just re-hashing Libor?  Gold and silver?  Is there nothing new?  I don't think anyone who's paying attention ever thought the banks would be punished for rigging Libor.

But what I wanted to know is, has Matt Taibbi ever said a single unkind word with regard to the biggest banks of all, central banks, fixing interest rates?  Somehow he wants to convince us that this is only a problem, a "market flaw" as he puts it, when JP Morgan does it.  But when Ben Bernanke does it, he's a hero to the people?  It's not credible.  And the lack of original reporting or research in this article pretty much confirms my belief that this guy is just pushing a flimsy political agenda.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:55:50 PM

Well Beck *is* a nutcase and Taibbi is an excellent journalist. That is the difference.

The Libor scandal is a REAL conspiracy, as in a criminal conspiracy, shown by copious evidence and testimony. Not a conspiracy theory.

Yes, the world is full of he-said, she-said and a lot of crazy theories. But there are *actual* facts under all that and in the case of the Libor rate fixing, those facts are known.

Smearing Taibbi because he supported one party is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Lots of people (56 million to be precise) voted for him and Taibbi has done plenty of critical commentary on Obama.

Haha! Exactly what I wrote. "They are nuts, but not my team! Oh No! Please! I can smear Beck and all those bible reading insane people, but MY team is the holy grail. And if you don't believe me, then you must be as bad as them MmuuhhuuhahaaaAA!"

I did not know telling you that drones killing whole families to target one terrorist was smearing. I though it was called "Smart Diplomacy". Or is that a "stretch" too?

Talibbi is but one writer for the Rolling Stone, the magazine I was "smearing", not the author of that article. Let me make sure You understand me: keep an open mind and do not deny anyone's speech beacuse it is not convienent to "your team", because there is no more "your team" or " my team" if we want bitcoin to move on, especially when your "team" is in bed with Wall Street while telling another story on Live TV > http://articles.latimes.com/2008/mar/21/nation/na-wallstdems21

"Open your eyes" that is what bitcoin is trying to tell us so we can have the basis of a paradigm shift that goes beyond just you and I, beyond "yours is nuttier than mine" type of mentality.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:55:08 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425

Anyone read this article yet? I wish I was more well versed in finance/global economics so I could fully appreciate this scope of this, but even with my limited understanding this seems so unbelievably crazy. How have we not developed any ways to transparently and accurately report these all-important metrics? Blows my mind.

Also: I have heard that Matt Taibbi can be somewhat biased in his reporting, if anyone has more neutral sources please post!!

The problem with Matt Taibbi is not that he is biased (he is), the problem is that he has no idea about finance and very little understanding of economics. He just puts shit together to sound sensationalist, but most of the times he is just plain wrong, not even wrong because of bias, just wrong because of lack of knowledge. But since he writes well and in general people dont have understanding of finance neither, people eat it.

There's been alot of comments on other threads for this article like this, but not one of them has ever made any attempt to point out exactly what he was wrong about.

Sorry I like to read about economics and finance, I dont lose my time with sensationalism. Youll have to find someone else to read the article and point to you why Matt Taibbi is just sensationalism.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███