Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:19:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Professor Bitcorn is right, BTC to $10  (Read 4752 times)
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:55:33 PM

He said it will trade below $10 a share! He could still be right after we find out what a bitcoin share is..

That made me laugh too.

How did this dingbat ever get to be a professor without knowing what a share is?

Does he think Bitcoin is a company?

I wonder what he thinks a Dollar share or a Euro share will be worth.

Maybe he'd better ask the CEO of Dollars or the CEOs of Bitcoin and Euros.

The guy's a laughingstock.

Would you waste your money on tuition to send your kid to Boston University if they keep airheads like this on faculty?

How come he got the name Professor Bitcorn?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4449

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:52:42 PM

Obviously it's a derisive putdown but it's unclear where it first appeared.

I seemed to be used almost immediately both here at Bitcointalk and at Reddit and quickly became a meme  of sorts, spawning countdown-to-$10 websites, a spoof Twitter account and getting prominent mention in his Wikipedia entry.

Like many memes the actual creator remains obscure.

Anyone have more info?
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:40:48 PM

We need to get below ten dollars to shake out all the weak hands. Only then can a true, sustainable growth phase begin.
4onesea

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:54:58 PM

We need to get below ten dollars to shake out all the weak hands. Only then can a true, sustainable growth phase begin.

If it will go below 10$ than will mean that bitcoin failed and will be replaced by something else.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

If it will go below 10$ than will mean that bitcoin failed and will be replaced by something else.

I'm not sure I follow. The success or failure of the protocol isn't really tied to the price. Sure, if we go back to single digits, it might be an indication that mainstream adoption is unlikely. But if mainstream adoption isn't achieved, that means bitcoin failed?
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

I'm not sure I follow. The success or failure of the protocol isn't really tied to the price. Sure, if we go back to single digits, it might be an indication that mainstream adoption is unlikely. But if mainstream adoption isn't achieved, that means bitcoin failed?

Yes. If* we fall below $10, it will be an irrefutable indicator that people have abandoned Bitcoin in such a drastic way that the experiment may be regarded as failed. It will have been a great experiment, but Bitcoin will have proven itself faulty for most cases.

*Remember, big if

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:53:46 AM

We've been seeing predictions like this for years now, you can search for older posts. Guess what: All of them failed misserably. Just another post to revisit in a year and laugh at. Fucking lol.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:25:08 PM

It is already a functioning worldwide payment network backed by a 500million infrastructure, with constantly growing adoption numbers. And you propose to value all the "shares" of this network at measly 1 billion dollars ($100 per btc)? This is a total joke. And please, if btc is ever traded at $10 per one that would mean lights are off and every last bit of money has left elsewhere. Provided that the idea can not die, that would mean there is a much larger network for some other crypto in place already, you'd notice if that happens...

So the price now is very much near the $300-400 bottom, from where the new rally would start once capital reassesses total value of the network and the rush to get in starts. Nobody knows when that happens, but the recent training moves to $550 region were pretty solid and quick, while retractions are getting weaker and slower. Three months ago, we ran from these levels to $600 in just 10 days. Retraction is taking three months and we're still not at $400 yet...

i am satoshi
clickhero

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

I have read some interesting predictions about bitcoin but this one won't happen at all.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:18:14 PM

I have read some interesting predictions about bitcoin but this one won't happen at all.

It's simple, a lot of people haven't been around for that long. They only see Bitcoin's price going down, so they think the big bubble is over. They don't even consider there have been quite a few bubbles before! They need to experience some bubbles first, before they see that prices do go back up afterwards.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:46:07 PM

It's simple, a lot of people haven't been around for that long. They only see Bitcoin's price going down, so they think the big bubble is over. They don't even consider there have been quite a few bubbles before! They need to experience some bubbles first, before they see that prices do go back up afterwards.

All in all I agree. But Bitcoin is not a one-way street. There is no assurance that it will go up again.

What I think most people lack here is some patience. Bitcoins has risen from near-zero to multiple hundreds of $$$ in a very short period of time compared to any other traditional investment, yet people seem to demand further price increases every day. I think Bitcoin needs quite another few months to digest the latest rally.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
falllling

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

All in all I agree. But Bitcoin is not a one-way street. There is no assurance that it will go up again.

What I think most people lack here is some patience. Bitcoins has risen from near-zero to multiple hundreds of $$$ in a very short period of time compared to any other traditional investment, yet people seem to demand further price increases every day. I think Bitcoin needs quite another few months to digest the latest rally.

ya.ya.yo!

bitcoin is heading back to where it came from, $0.000001
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:41:06 PM

ya.ya.yo!

bitcoin is heading back to where it came from, $0.000001

Not agree, you scammer

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4449

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:44:41 PM

LOL

Last year $30 was the magical number that some people deemed necessary for capitulation. This represented the ATH of the Great Bitcoin Bubble that saw the price increase 30-fold.

Needless to say, it never fell that low.  During the crash of 2013, following a smaller bubble that only saw a 20-fold increase, it briefly touched $50 between dead cat bounces but true capitulation occurred  at $66.

During the crash from last December's little bubble that barely saw a 10-fold increase, it briefly touched $350 between bounces but capitulation appears to be occurring well over $400.

Ten bucks? LOL

Wishful thinking at best. More likely a fantasy of delusion.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

IIRC, one of his early tv appearances on the subject actually saw him refer to bitcoin as 'bitcorn', in such a way to suggest he knew absolutely nothing about the subject. Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong, but my understanding is that he did call it 'bitcorn' at one point because, well, he's a conditioned idiot who speaks first and checks facts later.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:09:52 PM

ya.ya.yo!

Yeah well, of course it isn't a one-way street, but if it should still continue to succeed, I guess we haven't seen the top of the mountain. There's still untapped potential, quite a lot of it, actually. That's why I remain optimistic about Bitcoin's future!

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:17:41 PM

Wishful thinking at best. More likely a fantasy of delusion.

Or a parody of the bulltards.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:56:38 PM

I hope so this will happen. I can wait till early 2015 if needed. Would be awesome.
KLD (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:54:48 AM

Now that price discovery has been slightly decentralised it would be significantly harder to rig the market again and we are potentially in a make it until you fake it moment. It seems to be doing pretty well so far and no doubt there will be some short term rallies in the future. Ultimately those conducting big OTC purchases will be the supreme bag holders.
furlong

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:44:07 PM

What kind of Professor is doing such shitty predictions? i hope he doesnt teach economy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: