View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:34:12 AM

In this post, a person refers to himself in the third person.
Ximp

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:49:45 AM

My statement would still be correct. Smiley
Ximp

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:57:32 AM

My talents? I'm not sure what you mean Cheesy
sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:14:06 AM

Microguy you almost make me wanna buy some gold coins Tongue

What goes around comes around...
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:04:46 PM

To increase our chances of survival, we must combine our talents and consolidate.

Does this mean you want us to buy gold coin?
sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:38:49 PM

Does this mean you want us to buy gold coin?

It's my view that we're in the early phases of a major altcoin consolidation phase.

I think if we pool our resources together and direct these talents in the direction of a single coin we can build a "super currency". A currency that would challenge Bitcoin. My idea is for new members to sell 10% of their current crypto holdings and put those funds into GLD as incentive, then join the Goldcoin community and lend a hand promoting and building the currency.

So you want to dump your gold coins on us then?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:47:26 AM

Not the dumbest thread I've read here on btt.......but not a hell of a long way off  Huh
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:21:42 AM

Not the dumbest thread I've read here on btt.......but not a hell of a long way off  Huh

Thanks for making an appearance and sharing your jewels of wisdom.  Kiss

Seriously what you've said it similar to going hey I have a plan to make 1 million dollars, listen everyone,....just listen, I have the plan, just need a million of you guys to give me $1  Roll Eyes

Hey goldcoins turning into a genuine longterm contender, you guys are doing a great job, but promote it on merit, not a hairbrain pumpin scheme  Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:57:53 AM

Not much substance concerning OP or GLD.

Lots of talk though.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:06:06 AM

Hey goldcoins turning into a genuine longterm contender, you guys are doing a great job, but promote it on merit, not a hairbrain pumpin scheme  Smiley

Thank you for this feedback Kelsey.

I feel we're entering into an altcoin consolidation phase and see a current opportunity here for us to merge talents. The reason people might want to invest, is to ensure themselves a stake which in turn provides them with incentive.

In my view, this is the perfect opportunity to get in on the ground floor.

lets be honest all the successful crypto traders/miners etc have been consolidating since the very beginning of alts Smiley most current successful traders/miners etc trade their flavor of the day/week/month alt to acquire more bitcoin or in the alts litecoin.

you've not given us single real reason to consolidate, merge or sell 10% and buy into goldcoin?

floors yours......(hint substance please).
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

maybe you should put point 6) higher on the list and elaborate  Wink
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:36:35 AM

Lots of talk though.

Does anyone know of a market where one can sell Goldcoin short?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

Lots of talk though.

Actually goldcoins pretty stable (as cryptos go) and with the new client coming etc if they explain it right they might do ok, imo not the thing to short whether you like it or hate it personally (I'm on the fence).

Better off shorting one of the latest flavors of the month that will die quickly like have you check out that monero? lol being pumped so hard yet still barely off the ground, so probs will fade faster then previous pump n dumps, each cycle gets shorter.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:52:41 AM

Lots of talk though.

Actually goldcoins pretty stable (as cryptos go) and with the new client coming etc if they explain it right they might do ok, imo not the thing to short whether you like it or hate it personally (I'm on the fence).

Better off shorting one of the latest flavors of the month that will die quickly like have you check out that monero? lol being pumped so hard yet still barely off the ground, so probs will fade faster then previous pump n dumps, each cycle gets shorter.

Actually those wishing to take a short position on XMR (Monero) can purchase put options here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758443.0;all. Derivative markets allowing shorting of XBT and LTC also exist. So my question remains is there a similar market that allows for short positions on Goldcoin?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:48:52 AM

Actually those wishing to take a short position on XMR (Monero) can purchase put options here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758443.0;all. Derivative markets allowing shorting of XBT and LTC also exist. So my question remains is there a similar market that allows for short positions on Goldcoin?

I'm not aware of any exchange that offers short positions on Goldcoin (GLD).

Thanks

tickershuffle

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:58:37 AM

Buying options in something as illiquid as GLD would be risky business.  Too easy to move the price and cause options to expire worthless.

Similarly, writing contracts would be too risky, because you could be holding enough GLD to drive the price down to push your options into the money.

That link you provided was a hypothetical scenario, and if that guy thinks he will get away with that without a mountain of regulatory red tape, and licensing...he's dreaming.  I am building a platform to allow GLD to levered against Gold futures, it's not a get rich quick options trading scheme, but it brings value to the coin as a unit a money.

Just wondering, if you want to buy some puts in the GLD what terms would you look for?

Peace,

TS
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:41:55 AM

Lots of talk though.

Yes and thats exactly what the crypto world needs, more pure greed based products, where the new breed of greedy money changes can pillage like in the real financial markets  Roll Eyes
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:29:45 AM

Lots of talk though.

Yes and thats exactly what the crypto world needs, more pure greed based products, where the new breed of greedy money changes can pillage like in the real financial markets  Roll Eyes

so,do you think coffeecoin2 is a better long term proposition than monero?
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:20:07 AM

Lots of talk though.

so,do you think coffeecoin2 is a better long term proposition than monero?

be happy to answer that question in the cfc2 thread rather then send the OP's thread even further off track.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: