Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Help) Best way to remote control Xubuntu miner from MacOS?  (Read 2682 times)
unitedminers (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:04:42 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:49 AM by unitedminers

I'm pretty new to remote controling computers, so does anyone know the best way to remote control a Xubuntu miner from MacOS with dynamic (changing) IP addresses for both machines?

I've already found some links ...

Ubuntu Remote Desktop: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ubuntu-remote-desktop-builtin-vnc-compatible-dead-easy/

XRDP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex6SXzjcKb4

Vino: http://www.ehow.de/xubuntu-remote-desktopanwendung-aktivierst-wie_8522/

... but I'm not sure if they support dynamic IP addresses and what someone with experience in remote controling computers would recommend for mining.

Thanks for every hint Smiley
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:39:25 AM

unless you can keep getting you ip address each time it changes then id suggest none of them. go with teamviewer that way it reports everything to your account so when the ip changes teamviewer is already updating its self with the info. it can be hard to install on linux but its well worth it in the end.

all that said your ip shouldnt change unless you router reboots or looses connection so normal programs like xrdp will work fine aslong as you know the ip

unitedminers (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

go with teamviewer that way it reports everything to your account so when the ip changes teamviewer is already updating its self with the info. it can be hard to install on linux but its well worth it in the end.

I've already tried Teamviewer but didn't work out of the box. You're probably right, it's not easy to install but maybe I can figure out how to install it in the next few days Smiley

In the meantime I've installed X11VNC and it works fine, except encrypted connections.

FreeNX looks interesting too but doesn't work at the moment.

all that said your ip shouldnt change unless you router reboots or looses connection so normal programs like xrdp will work fine aslong as you know the ip

Some internet providers disconnect every 24h but at the moment mine doesn't Smiley and I've found out my AVM FritzBox has a build in email service everytime something changes, including the IP address Cool Awesome Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: