Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - Cast Your Vote Now! - Ends 10th September 14  (Read 19734 times)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:29:45 AM

Design number six by iawgoM Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crz

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:48:30 AM

Design Six by iawgoM

Branding/Graphics, UI/UX Designer, Front/Back-end Developer. (IRC (freenode): crz)
MrBAU

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:12:57 PM

Battle of people "buying" votes, anyone keeping the score?

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
urumchi

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:54:04 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 02:16:13 PM by urumchi

6 by IawgoM. His 12 is also very good.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:03:51 PM

Design number six by iawgoM Smiley

+1. vote iawgoM Smiley
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

I vote for Design Ten by elianite
right wing authoritarian

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:23:42 PM

I vote for Design Ten by elianite

+1 vote for elianite
krisdavison

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:40:16 PM

No one is buying votes. Its just people having a different opinion than you.

I think (if I've counted correctly) iawgoM is one vote ahead!
karimdr2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:51:30 PM

6 by iawgoM

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
vizay

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:00:28 PM

Design Six by iawgoM

Clean and neat design!
bonksnp2

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

Well, I figured it would turn out like this.  I cannot possibly see how so many people vote for, what I consider, a very unappealing design.  Which one I'm referring to is irrelevant, but since this style of voting seems to be what will determine the winner, I'll just share some information that I collected on the voting.

Here's how the voting currently stands (someone feel free to check my numbers):

iawgoM - 24
elianite - 21
BTC - Graphics - 12
MrBau - 4
bit0 - 4
bonksnp - 3
campycoin - 2
S4VV4S - 2
Cranky4U - 1

All of the voting for a design that I thought was.......not great, kept getting votes when the original finalist https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764623.0 thread went up.  Everyone was screming scam/padded votes etc (which appears to be true) so Coinographic made a new thread open to everyone.  Since this board seemed to be manipulating the results, I went ahead and took the libery of posting a vote of the original top 5 finalist on a hardware forum I frequent.  I told them I would honestly like to know which design they like best, without googling who's design is which (even though a couple were watermarked already).  The order I posted the designs were as follows (to try and keep it seperate from the order they were in the thread):

1. S4VV4S
2. iawgoM
3. elianite
4. bonksnp2
5. bit0

Out of 143 votes, here at the results as of 5Sept2014:

https://i.imgur.com/xWLWLOW.png

While I would like to think that I could pad the results like this, I assure you, I don't have enough time or internet friends to do so.  And if anyone has a subscription to General Mayhem on Hardforum you can confirm the thread here and not some photoshop job I made up: http://hardforum.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=8632

BUT, I figured you know what, maybe this STILL isn't a fair vote since I'm a somewhat active member there.  Maybe everyone went out and googled the designs first despite me asking them to give thier honest opinion just so they could vote for my design (unlikely, but possible).  So I went to a coin enthusiast forum (http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7), signed up under a random name and posted the top 5 designs again, in the same order.  Unfortunately the admins took the thread down, but in the one day it was up the results were as follows:

Design 1 - 0
Design 2 - 2
Design 3 - 0
Design 4 - 5
Design 5 - 0

There's really no weight to the last vote since I have no proof, but I'm sure the admins there will be more than happy to confirm they removed a "Bitcoin design opinion" thread. And maybe even still have the results?

Now I guess the more friends you have on BTCtalk the better your design will do.  iawgoM asked for others (in a different language mind you....I assume to keep hidden from primarily english speaking folks) to vote for him: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hr&tl=en&u=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25215.msg8624519#msg8624519

elianite not only asked for votes (which is questionable really) but had to have someone else photoshop his design because he doesn't know how to use it (which is the bigger issue).  Coinographic stated
The winning designer confirms that;

1)   They agree to work with us after the voting is complete until the final coin design is produced, no matter the amount of time this takes.  This includes the front & Rear of the coin as well as the hologram and packaging
It's not really clear whether or not "working with us" means to modify the actual design in PS/AI/etc (which I assume it does) or if it means "Give us your opinion on the coin" for whatever reason, which I seriously doubt.
I was told of this contest by fellow physical crypto collector elianite.

BTC-Graphics design is straight up ripped off from a Shutter Stock image which is copyrighted by someone named Mauro Carli: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-203441218/stock-photo-roaring-lion-head-high-relief-on-the-facade-of-a-palace.html?src=PS5DwrRy6S3EBRIUs8iKRA-1-1&pl=77643-108110
Design 15 is far and away the best.  A lot of thought.  I like the upside down pyramid and more.  Plus the box looks like it includes a free vape pen
LOL.  Yes, A lot of thought indeed.
Quote from: BTC-Graphicdesigns
Coinographic the 5 designs you have choosen clearly are fails.
At least most of them are original.  Enjoy your lawsuit.

Someone in one of the other threads suggested that my design wasn't original.  I assure you, it was, and I have every single version of it saved on my computer if anyone doubts me.  I also saw many people claiming that the edge of my coin was silver and the "engraved lines" were just gold engraved into the black surface.  I guess no one thought to maybe ask what my intentions were but instead just make assumptions based on whatever they thought.

My design was to be a solid gold coin, with the edge dipped in white gold.  The black would have been a high gloss paint maybe, but I figured this would be something we would work out if my design was chosen.  But there would have certainly been 2oz of .9999 gold in the coin.

Frankly, I thought the 5 finalists that were chosen were fine with the exception of MrBau being absent.  But of course I was part of that group and the majority of you who weren't threw a fit because it was "an epic fail" and "I'll never buy coins from you!" and whatever else.

It's a shame it all went down like this, really.  I sincerely hope that the below is seen be Coinographic because it's probably the only reasonable piece of advice in the thread.
Coinographic, in the future, don't let the community vote.
Just choose the designs yourself.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

It's a shame it all went down like this, really.  I sincerely hope that the below is seen be Coinographic because it's probably the only reasonable piece of advice in the thread.

Excellent analysis; thanks for keeping score. I have to agree; it would have simply been better for them to choose the design.
If I may say two things regarding my coin I would like to point out that I did submit an original hand-drawn version. I do not interpret this as a contest of  'graphic design' but of 'conceptualization'. Since my hand drawing was good at communicating the design, I see no problem with the fact that someone helped me with Photoshop, from the contest point of view. i did confirm with Coinographic that even a hand drawn design would be fine, so i must from that assume that 'working with us' shouldn't be problematic in that case.

Second, I regret that in this 2nd round of voting, my long description of the coin is lost. While I get that some others might be more visually appealing from quick glance, those who dont read the description will likely not realize the deep symbolism such as 3 7-star constellations representing 21 million bitcoins, the symbolism of the words with the image of universal currency, and the most innovate & secure hologram ever designed (3 separate windows and laser rimming).
At the end of the day, theres no way everyone can be happy with the contest whichever way it turns out. It is true that I am messaging those whom I have done business with before letting them know about my design; surely anyone else in my position would do the same.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
djshoxxx

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:47:36 PM

I vote for design #15 from BTC-Graphicdesign

looks sweet
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:04:41 PM

Creating such a vote was really a bad idea.
slickroad

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:17:30 PM

BTC-Graphics design is straight up ripped off from a Shutter Stock image which is copyrighted by someone named Mauro Carli: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-203441218/stock-photo-roaring-lion-head-high-relief-on-the-facade-of-a-palace.html?src=PS5DwrRy6S3EBRIUs8iKRA-1-1&pl=77643-108110

it's a photograph of a lion's head on a palace in Italy,

are you sure that Mauro Carli owns the image of the lion's head, or just a copyright on his photograph?

i don't believe the coin design violates his copyright. maybe this should be taken up with the original sculptor ? if he is still around...
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:59:17 PM

Someone in one of the other threads suggested that my design wasn't original.  I assure you, it was, and I have every single version of it saved on my computer if anyone doubts me.  I also saw many people claiming that the edge of my coin was silver and the "engraved lines" were just gold engraved into the black surface.  I guess no one thought to maybe ask what my intentions were but instead just make assumptions based on whatever they thought.

My design was to be a solid gold coin, with the edge dipped in white gold.  The black would have been a high gloss paint maybe, but I figured this would be something we would work out if my design was chosen.  But there would have certainly been 2oz of .9999 gold in the coin.

Frankly, I thought the 5 finalists that were chosen were fine with the exception of MrBau being absent.  But of course I was part of that group and the majority of you who weren't threw a fit because it was "an epic fail" and "I'll never buy coins from you!" and whatever else.

It's a shame it all went down like this, really.  I sincerely hope that the below is seen be Coinographic because it's probably the only reasonable piece of advice in the thread.

Sadly, your assessment of this entire thing is crap and I'll tell you why...

The Coin 15 has a lions head on it.  That is all. That is not a copyright image, it is an animals head.  

Also, you claim your coin is not ripped because every single version of the coin is on your computer.  WTF does that mean?  So, what if every version of the lion head is on his computer?  What if every version of my drawing below is on my computer? Are you saying because I have each step of my drawing, it is not copyright infringement? So bogus dude.

If I drew this design or made it on a computer or told my friend about it and he drew it, it is copyright infringement, period.

So cool that you liked the final 5.  I thought it was horseshit. If you have a contest with rules, the rules must be followed.

Here is how I know you are clueless.  THE COIN IS SUPPOSED TO BE .9999 SOLID GOLD and yet you just said some shit dipped in white gold and black paint?  Are you an idiot? Have you ever in your life bought a coin?  I would NEVER, EVER PAY ANYTHING for a coin marked SOLID .9999 GOLD that had paint on it.  How would I verify its weight?  Take your word for it? Are you kidding me?  If the coin is .9999 SOLID GOLD then it contains nothing but GOLD!  Do you understand?

That is why I will never buy from Coinographic.  They are coin makers and even after they said .9999 SOLID GOLD, they made the excuse for taking your coin because of this white gold theory. Well, then it isn't a fucking solid gold coin... period! Your reasoning gives you zero credit.  You have every version and you had a high gloss paint plan for your .9999 Gold Coin.

If you think I or anyone else is gonna pay $7500 for something with high gloss paint, get a clue.

Rules said it had to have a box.  Croatia the Cheater didn't make a box, then copied a box, then went out and told his entire nationality to come pick his coin.

You and Coinographic all deserve each other.  Have fun with your .9999 Paint by Numbers Solid Gold Coin.  You guys won't sell 5.

Oh, and I vote for 6 by IawgoM  He duz veryy nic werk

bitsof8

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:12:17 AM

Wow, pretty cool designs.

How do you "buy" votes?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004