Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing/benefitting from MintChip  (Read 1242 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 09:04:03 PM

Hi B-Boys'n'B-Girls,

MintChip being soon released with all that media attention it already has and a strong backer, the CAD(-government),
I am wondering how to participate in the hype around the project and to seize the early adopter advantage.

Lets make an opportunities list with some detailed information to it! Cheesy
Useful suggestions will be added by me once they are made and discussed.

Let me begin:

- Buying CAD$ (bad ROI, because seemingly no positive effects on xchange rate will come about)
- Buying in on MintChip related start ups (money and time consuming, probably risky)

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 09:08:36 PM

Should this be moved to the Alternate Cryptocurrencies board instead perhaps?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 11:27:59 PM

MintChip is not a currency. Its a "wallet" for currencies. This thread is therefore unsuitable for the alternative currencies board.
The nature of this thread furthermore tries to explore speculative opportunities with MintChip. If it shall be moved than I would agree to move it to the speculation board instead.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 11:49:31 PM

MintChip is not a currency. Its a "wallet" for currencies. This thread is therefore unsuitable for the alternative currencies board.
The nature of this thread furthermore tries to explore speculative opportunities with MintChip. If it shall be moved than I would agree to move it to the speculation board instead.

This

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 11:57:09 PM

MintChip being soon released with all that media attention it already has and a strong backer, the CAD(-government),
So far MintChip is vaporware. Given that it is announced by a government, it is not only vaporware, but if it is ever released, it will be long outdated by Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 12:08:27 AM

This

I just penned about the same thing on the other MintChip thread. If I would have seen this first, I would have copied and pasted it over there.

~Bruno~
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 06:54:34 PM

So far MintChip is vaporware.

True, but you can still speculate on vaporware. Thats what speculation is all about: Potential.
Facebook earning 1 billion USD a year doesnt justify its pre-IPO valuation of 50-100 billion USD, just because it COULD earn anything like that in the future. Same thing with bitcoin: It didnt proof, that it will revolutionize the global payment system on the 8th of June 2011, when it peaked 31.91 USD/BTC. But both opportunities have the potential to do so. And this gets peoples fantasies going. The higher the expectations the better (for the hype;).
The only thing we need is some medium of exchange to buy in on the overvaluation, like shares of any kind.

So what is there?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: