Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: List of all alternate currencies based on GPU and CPU mining algorithms ?  (Read 1653 times)
bulanula (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 06:12:52 PM

Can we please have something like this on a sticky so people can refer to it and somebody has to update it etc. !?

For example have a list of CPU mining coins : Fairbrix ( not operational ATM ), Tenebrix, Solidcoin 2 ( not operational ATM ).

For example have a list of GPU mining coins : Bitcoin, I0coin, ixcoin, geist geld, namecoin, solidcoin1 etc. etc.

Anybody agree ? I think it would help newbies and us regulars too etc.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bruj0

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:28:14 AM

Can we please have something like this on a sticky so people can refer to it and somebody has to update it etc. !?

For example have a list of CPU mining coins : Fairbrix ( not operational ATM ), Tenebrix, Solidcoin 2 ( not operational ATM ).

For example have a list of GPU mining coins : Bitcoin, I0coin, ixcoin, geist geld, namecoin, solidcoin1 etc. etc.

+1

Perhaps Subsections?
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:09:10 PM

FPGA coins?

ASIC coins?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:14:16 PM

they're all cpu, gpu, fpga, and asic mining algorithms?

sha256 is ~100-500x more efficient for asics as compared to gpus.
scrypt is estimated to be ~10x more efficient for asics as compared to gpus.
solidcoin2 algorithm (a derivative of BLAKE) is about 1:1 CPU:GPU in terms of performance, but as realsolid coded it it may be susceptible to attacks/refinements yet.  as far as i know it didn't use any additional memory, so it's likely to be at least 100x more efficient with asics.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

I wonder what ever happened to bulanula?

The original "Spoetnik"

~BCX~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: