Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:23:48 AM

i never got reply from ryan either + this thread is messy now.
i will just watch the picks and how they do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:32:55 AM

On the contrary I would suggest his argument has validity.  Ryan is sneakily attempting to take credit for those price rises when in fact it was down to other teams pumping the coins. Its no big mystery when most pumps are happening.  Hes charging a premium price to dress up the information. Ryan should  give him a refund and move on.  Im sure he's just pissed off and will hush
up after that.

Why so many accounts?

shockinglyugly

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:35:31 AM

Ryan is sneakily attempting to take credit for those price rises when in fact it was down to other teams pumping the coins.

Which team is it that makes 1000 percent profit every week other than Pumpers Picks ?
toleng

Activity: 261

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:39:29 AM

On the contrary I would suggest his argument has validity.  Ryan is sneakily attempting to take credit for those price rises when in fact it was down to other teams pumping the coins. Its no big mystery when most pumps are happening.  Hes charging a premium price to dress up the information. Ryan should  give him a refund and move on.  Im sure he's just pissed off and will hush
up after that.

Why so many accounts?

LOL Busted. kind of stalkerish though. are we guna keep feeding this pathetic troll or what?
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:46:58 AM

Im not Gail.
I gave him the money to join the group  Grin
redskins49

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:49:01 AM

Im not Gail.
I gave him the money to join the group  Grin
Hmm you seem to have similar writing patterns, check the post history guys
redskins49

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

This is his latest )(Today picks)

We all received the same picks you scumbag.

At least Ryan has a verifyable track record of profitability.

Ryan will send you 8 coins and all of them will go up.

These other groups give you one pick and a million excuses why their pick failed

No wait you didn't mention they give you one "pick" make you wait 4 weeks..............and then they give you a million (and one) excuses why their pick failed.

I'll take 8 winners any day over that bs

Cheesy lol and then they charge you for the "luxury" of waiting 5 weeks for their pick to move 10%

down with that!

+1

They prey on the stupidity of people.

these other groups aren't led by real traders so they rely on hype to make their picks work which is why their rate of failure is so high

I was a member of two other groups i wont name names, they were happy to give us one coin for an entire month and then when that move failed they jumped on another coin that was already up several p/c.

Obviously we bought at the top and lost even more money

this is why i linked up with Ryan for actual trading guidance and a strategy to make real money when ever I want. I wouldn't have made that choice if he didn't have a tangible and verifiable track record unlike the others

agreed
santaClause

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:05:55 AM

Dude im not denying anything.

What Ryan is doing is trying to distract viewers from his scammery. To do this he will try  and discredit me. Fine I'm discredited in that i have a number of accounts here. Inserting that everyon I know here has them to - not Ryan of course...because hes just s straight up guy. Of course he isn't, and he will have his own accounts. Anyone who believes otherwise are simply stupid.

The fact remains he is a conman/thief completely proven by his actions of:
A: Throwing me out of his chat room for simply saying I wasn't to happy with his service
B: Refusing to give me a refund despite at least five very nice amicable PMs explaining to him why.
He even tried play me with those PM's.

Hes a thief and a scammer - hes not got one ounce of morality or honor in his entire body. He is pure scum
who thinks stealing is fine because its in Crypto.  He wont get away with it though.

are you mentally unstable?

You used a shill account to con your way into a group to steal picks and passwords

and you even tried to use another one of your shill accounts to defend yourself because no one else would. Got busted doing that, then said "so what if I have 40 accounts"

you are the scammer "gail" or "chicken45" or whatever it is
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:36:04 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 04:11:36 AM by RyanPumper

07 Nov - 10 Nov
Total return: 268%
Coins: SMBR, HYPER
0.5 BTC Giveaway 11/11 10am EDT here RT to win

A large percentage of traders in Crypto are afraid to buy a coin that has been shunned by the rest of the market – regardless of whether the technicals indicate that the coin is about to jump 100%+. It just seems too risky to them. Personal feeling and opinions are far less accurate than the market. Also, the majority of unskilled traders stubbornly hold onto their losses when the losses are small and reasonable. They could get out cheaply, but being emotionally involved and human, they keep waiting and hoping until their loss gets much bigger and costs them dearly. In a similar vein, unskilled traders tend to cash in small, easy to take profits and hold their losers. This tactic is exactly the opposite of correct trading procedure. These traders will sell a coin with a very small profit before they will sell one with a huge loss.

SEMBRO

SMBR was a Pumpers Pick during the last week of October. We got in as it dumped down to 210 Satoshi. SMBR is now sitting at 2700 Satoshi which is a 1185% gain. Not too bad.

SMBR has started to find its rhythm in the market.

Since its introduction it has dipped from 5771 to 261 a -95% drop in vaule – then jumped from 261 to 2990, A 1045% gain. Dipped to 847, and then climbed to 3106 which a 266% increase.

All of this action has taken place within a mere three weeks, which is SMBRs total lifespan on the market.

This volatility is becoming predictable and simple to exploit due to the fact that it has dipped into that 845 – 880 price range twice and then bounced upwards twice – generating a 200%+ profit on both occasions.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying 845 – 880 is the floor for this coin, but it is clearly a point of focus for many traders who are now taking advantage of this pattern.

The whole thought process behind putting my own Bids within this 845 – 880 price range was born out of the simple fact that I could clearly see that the last time SMBR was in this range – it bounced and produced a substantial 203% gain.

I had to assume that I wasn’t the only one who noticed this simply because there were other small orders placed by traders who also saw the opportunity. This was the only confirmation I needed to place some lowball orders of my own in anticipation of a quick price plunge.

Tip: Never, ever, follow conventional wisdom in the market. You have to learn to go counter to the markets. You have to learn how to think for yourself; to be able to see that the emperor has no clothes. Most people can’t do it. Most people want to follow the roar of the crowd but, for the most part, following what everyone else is doing is rarely a way to make the largest amount of money. You may scrape some tiny winnings here and there, but you will eventually begin to suffer huge and hard to take losses.

HYPER

HYPER is a very interesting market to me. It has been in an extended uptrend since July.

In the month of June HYPER gained 477%.

Most of July was spent in a down trend, reaching a low of 304 Sats before rocketing and delivering a 2860% gain before the month’s end.

August opened up at 5559 Satoshi.. after a few days of consolidation, HYPER went into beast mode and climbed a staggering 313% to 22999 satoshi.

Then came the long and drawn out down trend that lasted throughout September – don’t be fooled though – there was several flash rallies during this period producing gains of 40% - 100% each time. So, overall, another profitable month

The September plunge came to a halt early in October when the price hit 1446, before exploding and delivering a 1490% profit for those who were in tune with the trend.

The moral is – HYPER has been consistently profitable for nearly 5 months now making HYPER one of the most credible Altcoins on the market right now.

Currently HYPER is following the same type of pattern that I described in September. Its in a slight down trend. Which is great, because this is the perfect climate for scalpers who love to repeatedly dip in and out of a coin with 50 – 100% gains each time.

In a downtrend, sell resistance is low for longer periods of time. Each time the price drops, resistance becomes weaker – allowing for the market to be moved effortlessly. This is why you are much more likely to see a flash rally during a downtrend as opposed to the more gradual and natural price hikes that occur during uptrends.

Tip: Never, ever, follow conventional wisdom in the market. You have to learn to go counter to the markets. You have to learn how to think for yourself; to be able to see that the emperor has no clothes. Most people can’t do it. Most people want to follow the roar of the crowd but, for the most part, following what everyone else is doing is rarely a way to make the largest amount of money. You may scrape some tiny winnings here and there, but you will eventually begin to suffer huge and hard to take losses.

SIDENOTE: Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

0.5 BTC Giveaway 11/11 10am EDT here RT to win

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:42:30 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Tip of the Week

I'm still getting several PMs about buying into / selling a coin and things to look for before executing a trade etc. There are also those that are unsure about how to execute Correction Plays - i.e profiting when a Coins price decline and then bounces upwards producing abundant profit. So I put something together just to walk you guys through the analysis that I conduct prior to placing a trade. This will illustrate how to “do the opposite” of what everyone else is doing. It will show you guys just how simple trading is when you aren’t using 104 useless chart indicators. This is a basic strategy that anyone can employ to generate continuous and excessive profit from crypto.

RULE ONE
Red is young. Green is old. You may not have a clue about what I’m talking about when I say this, but this is how I classify price moves when I look at the charts.

Consider life insurance, which deals with the life expectancy of people instead of price moves.

If you’re writing life insurance policies it’s going to make a world of difference if the applicant is 20 years old or 70 years old.

The 20 year old has a lot of time left to live, whereas the 70 year old is already close to the end of the road. This makes the 20 year old a better bet than the 70 year old, as you can get several years of payment from him – whilst the 70 year old could possibly die before the end of the month leaving you with a hefty bill to pay.

Similarly, in a market that is in a stage of old age (during the latter stages of a rally), it is particularly important to be attuned to the symptoms of a potential end to the current trend.

To use the life insurance analogy, most people who are involved in Crypto don’t know the difference between a 20 year old and a 70 year old.

If a coins value has been dumped down to laughable levels due to profit taking – then the only thing left to occur is for the price to soar back to the top. That is the cycle.

If you only buy into a coin when you see that a coin is rallying and is at its 24hr high, then you must now understand why you have been losing out. You have been buying coins that are in a stage of old age. These coins have already soared upwards and provided so many traders with gains that the only thing left to occur is for these traders to cash out and claim their winnings.

As the price plunges downwards, we see the dumping action accelerate as the unskilled traders begin to panic sell. Then prices begin to consolidate around a specific range, as there is no one left to dump out. Then the cycle starts all over again.

Seeing a string of green candle sticks may be comforting to the novice trader, but if you want to develop and transform into a person that actually pulls continuous profit from crypto – then you ned to realise that one of your greatest buy indicators is a sea of red candlesticks.

When I see that a popular coin is at an extreme low with nothing but red candle sticks on the chart, I recognise that as the beginning stages of a rally.

RULE TWO
Now the charts are useful for revealing what stage a particular price move is in. But your most important tool in assessing where prices are heading is the order book (specifically the sell side).

Often, I hear new traders talking about “buy support” and it really is a negative indicator of how limited their knowledge is about how this market actually moves.

Personally, I could care less if there is a “safe” level of buy support or zero orders on the buy side, because if I asses the sell orders and can see that a market can be moved easily (due to low sell resistance) then the buy side is entirely irrelevant in that scenario.

In fact if, during a rally, you begin to see buy orders stacking up then that is an indicator of a pending dip because all that does is provide a guaranteed (and profitable) exit for those who got in hours before the rally and who are already up 50 – 100%.

Your attention should always be on the sell side.

You always want to be aware of how high or low the sell resistance is.

As you can see the resistance in this particular coin is non-existent. More explicitly, it will only take 2.1BTC to move this coins price from 8908K to 12264K which is a 37% move.

It is really as simple as that.

The order book is literally your window into the future. It shows all the price levels a coin contains – and what needs to happen for a coin to move up or down in value.

After assessing these factors. It is your job to gauge the probability of a move taking place

RULE THREE
I know that there are some traders who understand the importance of assessing the 24 hr high / low of the day but, in general, so many people think that it’s okay simply to ignore this indicator (But they will almost certainly have some RSI or Fibonacci tool cluttering their charts, rest assured)

The 24hr high / low is a tool that breaks down all the key information that a chart can provide – into two simple figures.

Now, remember what I said earlier about stages. It is very important to assess the 24hr High and Low for any coin that you are trading. This indicator shows if a market has moved  and how far it has moved.

If there is an excessive gap between the high and low – and the current trading price is at or close to the high, then you need to look at the spread.

If the spread is tight (0.5% - 2%) then that indicates that buy support is high – and people are battling to get into this coin. Which could be a good thing – depending on what stage into a price move the coin is in.

If the coin is already up 200%+, at its 24hr high and there is a tight spread, then you can expect there to be some dumping action at any given moment because – as I mentioned earlier, those that got in to that coin hours before and who are already up 50 – 100% now have a guaranteed means of exiting with profit due to the excessively high buy support.

However  if the coin is down -80%, close to its 24 hr low (or  low for the week – look at the charts) and there is a large spread between the bid and ask – there is no incentive for anyone to dump out because no one bought in at a lower price, thus if someone dumped out they would be doing so at a loss.

This is how you can asses and gauge the ‘probability’ of a rally taking place. Ask yourself what stage is this market in? Is the sell resistance high or low? Is there an incentive for traders to dump out? These are all questions that will reveal the likely hood of a major price move taking place. No Fibonacci required.

This strategy can be used on any popular coin that has been around for awhile and has had good volume. There are several variations of this play which I will cover at a later date.

Tip: So much is made out of “entry  / exit points”... But when you boil down to the essential minerals of trading – an entry or exit “point” holds very little relevance whatsoever. If you are spending your time trying to pick bottoms and tops then it is certain that you will never find any success whatsoever. Trying to pick a bottom or top is essentially an attempt to force an opinion on a market – and that never ends well. Your job is to find high probability trading opportunities. Think to yourself – “where can the most money be made”?..  “If I buy in, then what needs to happen to bring me out with a profit?”.. “Is there good trading volume?”... “Is there momentum – when were the last executed trades?”.. This is the way you need to be thinking. When you grasp this, you will suddenly find yourself being bought out of the market at the top because you correctly assessed the trading volume in relation to the sell orders... you will find yourself “buying at the bottom” because you’re able to properly asses sell resistance. Don’t be like everyone else, don’t just take the textbook trades.. wherever there is a full blown rally, there is a breakout brewing up in another market.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

sust1200

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:12:12 AM

Excellent trading tips Ryan, thank you for doing this!. Its tips like this that are so rare to see.
And thanks Gail for the list of coins!, Ryan can i have Gails spot on your trading group since he does not like Social gatherings, but still loves bitcointalk forum posting about you Smiley

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:03:39 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Tip of the Week - Stop Thinking so Small

I have realised that most people in Crypto aren’t able to make big money trades, simply because they don’t fully understand how the market works.

There are several flash in the pan coins that can be traded for 100% gains repeatedly. But, coins like that are dominated by skilled Traders who have a total grasp on what they are doing. I have said it before and will repeat: Skilled traders are only skilled because they make the majority of their money from the mistakes of unskilled traders – thus, most of you who are new to trading Crypto tend to lose out – unless you have a solid edge.

People come into Crypto with aspirations to trade 1 BTC up to 10 BTC, which is totally possible and is something that is relatively simple to do.

The only problem is, the majority of Novice traders are too short sighted. They covet markets that jump 200% in 24hrs, but shun Coins that only move 30, 40%.

I have said it time and time again. Trading isn’t the quick-paced, over the top spectacle that you see in Hollywood films. This over dramatization of the process of buying and selling is how most novice traders approach Crypto – and ultimately why they consistently fail.

You will never trade 1 BTC to 10 BTC if you only trade coins that jump 100% within 24 hrs.

In fact, if this is your strategy, then you will find yourself losing more money than you make just because of how fast these flash in the pan coins tend to move.

If you want to make a shit tonne of money trading Altcoins, then let me explain to you the benefits of taking Long-Term trades. Let me explain why it is crucial to always be aware of the bigger picture when trading altcoins.  

How can you turn 1 BTC into 10 BTC within a month? Is it even possible? Of course it’s possible!

This is the secret: Price cycles, Price Patterns and Trends.

These are three things that every serious trader should be in tune with when playing the Crypto Markets.

Regular readers are now fully in tune with monitoring Support / Resistance levels, by looking at the order book – instead of cluttering their charts with 400 useless indicators that can only track the past instead of the future. That’s what the order book is for, tracking the future. Don’t be mistaken though, the past is just as important in revealing the most crucial pieces of information such as:

LONG TERM VIABILITY
What you want to see when looking at a chart is three main things. First you want to see that your coin has had multiple high percentage price hikes in the past. This is a good sign of long term viability. If you can see multiple spikes and dips, this means that there are traders who are constantly willing to buy this Coin every time the value declines  which is a great indicator when you’re looking to gauge market sentiment towards a Coin. As an example, were going to be looking at UROCoin

Second, you want to see that your Coin has been able to maintain a consistent level of Trading Volume throughout its entire lifespan. This is a sign of strength because, typically, people do not repeatedly throw money at something that isn’t lining their pockets with cash.

If you can see that your Coin has managed to maintain a healthy level of Trading Volume, as illustrated above, over its entire lifespan, then you can rank that Coin high on the profitability scale.

Lastly, and this is probably the most important. The Charts can be used to reveal whether or not your Coin has settled into a rhythm.

A coin that has settled into a rhythm will constantly exhibit the same behaviour over and over again.
For example, if a coin has climbed 100%, dropped by -70%, then climbed 100% and dropped -70% on numerous occasions – this is a behaviour makes your coin very predictable and easy to exploit for profit.

RHYTHM EXPLOITATION
Now as I mentioned above, the best way to predict where a coin is going to go price wise – is to look at the behaviour that it has exhibited in the past.

Is your Coin following a rhythm?

Has it settled into a predictable pattern that can easily be exploited for continuous profit?

Looking at the example above, URO has fallen into the 30 – 45K range twice before exploding and shooting upwards producing staggering returns.

This is an element that is very crucial when planning your trades.

Too often people are swayed by short-term price movement, because they just don’t see the bigger picture. They just don’t understand that if you are approaching this market with a short-term mind frame, then you will only ever make pocket change.

The big money is made when you start to take a long term view. When you begin to look at the wider picture, short-term price movement begins to mean absolutely nothing – because it is only a very small piece of a complex puzzle.

THE EXIT IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE ENTRY
So you’re thinking about diving into a coin. You have assessed the order book and resistance looks low enough to facilitate a nice and profitable bull run. You have looked at the charts to gauge Price behaviour and to note the Psychologically Important Price Points. That is all great and essential to making sure that you have a high probability trade in front of you. You have now got your entry all figured out.

But, what about your exit?

Before entering in to any trade, you must already have your exit mapped out. If you look at the example above, you can see that when URO surged from 31K Satoshi to 3Million Satoshi – that move unfolded over a 2 week and 3 day period. The second move from 47K Satoshi to 689K Satoshi unravelled over a 2 week and 5 day span. Again, this behaviour is very predictable.

This is crucial information.

Those that aren’t aware of things like this are more vulnerable and susceptible to making their buying / selling decisions based on mere +10%, -10% moves. These traders are not aware of the bigger picture.

Tip: The market is just a bunch of human beings working in unison, thus, price movement is just as predictable as human behavior. We all have habits and behavioral traits that we exhibit over and over again. So does the Crypto markets. This is what you have to be focused on. If something has happened twice before, then it will happen again. If you use this key piece of information and apply it to your own trading - you will start to really hit those high profitability trades. Short-term plays are fine and dandy - if you are 100% confident that you know what you're doing. If not, then you want to expand your horizons and begin to take advantage of the long term opportunities that exist in this market. Personally, my largest profits have come from rallies that unfolded over several days. This is a very simple way to approach the market - especially if you're looking for big wins, with low risk.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

OneandOnly22

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

excellent thread
circa1O

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

thanks ryan for very imformative thread and giving extra tips for trading... Grin
crazyALT47

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:18:42 AM

Brilliant advice here Ryan. What do you think about the price of altcoins at the moment?

Trending downwards?
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

People are dumping alts for btc to ride the big btc wave and do leverage trades.

Once the market stabilizes, the money will flow back to alts again.
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:56:41 PM

excellent thread

thanks ryan for very imformative thread and giving extra tips for trading... Grin

Thanks. Just wanted to highlight to everyone that what they may think is a 'short-term' opportunity to scalp a small profit - could actually be an opportunity to rake in a gargantuan haul of BTC over the 'long-term'.

You always have to be in tune the wider picture.

Brilliant advice here Ryan. What do you think about the price of altcoins at the moment?

Trending downwards?

People are holding onto their BTC due to the pace of price movement picking up as of late.

Look at this as an opportunity that you can exploit.

The phrase "do the opposite of everyone else" comes into play here.

There are several coins that have been known to attract a mass of volume on a regular basis that are down in price at the moment - this is the best time to scoop up some bargains.

Overall, the Altmarket is looking like easy money right now

Ense04

Activity: 145

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

Sound advice!
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:19:47 PM

14 Nov
Total return: 108%
Coins: QSLV

The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses in Crypto. If you were to ask me what it is that novice / average traders repeatedly do wrong, my answer would be: They trade too much. They don’t pick their spots selectively enough. When they see a Coin moving, they end up forcing the trade rather than waiting patiently. Patience is an important trait many people don’t have. You need to have the patience to wait for real opportunities and resist the temptation to trade all the time. Personally I don’t watch every tick that a coin makes. The dangers of watching every tick is twofold: it can lead to overtrading, and is likely to increase the chances of prematurely liquidating good positions due to insignificant adverse price moves. The basic idea is that you have to wait for high probability trading opportunities and resist the natural urge to trade more frequently – not only is that how you make money, but that is how you consistently make money.

QSLV

Do nothing, until there is something to do! Don’t try to force a trade, don’t make irrational decisions based on non-consequential price moves.

Trading is a game of Probabilities. Thus you should only be looking to execute a trade when the probability of profit is at its highest. Once you begin to restrict your trading only to the Coins that match this criteria, you will find yourself making more optimal trades due to the simple fact that you are no longer working against the market, but working with it.

People seem to always want to be doing something – which is good. But newsflash, this is a market with over a thousand Coins to trade – but only the slightest portion out of that thousand deliver profits on a consistent basis. Thus in order to succeed continuously, you have to be patient enough to only move when there is a move to be made.

It is rare that I wake up simply to place a trade – however, on this occasion I was dragged into action as several price alerts that I had placed during the day began to sound off, one after the other, which forced me into assuming that whatever coin it was that was creating all of this racket was in a state of high momentum – which is very important when you’re looking to dip into a Coin that doesn’t have sufficient historical data, hasn’t settled into a pattern and is virtually brand new.

I tend to advise against taking impulsive trades, except in those circumstances where everything is aligned and a market is in a state of high momentum. Therefore the trade is no longer an impulsive one, but rather an intuitive one.

Looking at the sell orders and the way they were set up. I could clearly see that within the top 50 orders, there were Sells from 2.9K all the way up to 13K, clearly visible and prices were actively running upward with no sign of the pace stalling out.

Being that this action was unfolding at 3am in the morning, my initial decision was not to take the trade and to merely sit back and watch the action unfold... However, my mind quickly changed when I saw that people were buying through walls and bringing resistance even lower.

After buying in I put my sell orders on, and left it at that. In markets like this, you want  your exit to be as quick as your entry. Which was the case here

Tip: Why do most unskilled traders lose out in the AltMarkets? These traders tend to take their exposure down when the market falls slightly. By avoiding the Coins that at times may be particularly painful to own, they miss some of the biggest winners. In Crypto, there is a persistent overall tendency for equity to flow from the many to the few. In the long run, the majority loses. The implication is: to win, you have to act like the minority. If you bring normal human habits and tendencies to trading, you’ll gravitate toward the majority and end up losing consistently. Novice traders lose money not only because they lack skill, but also because their inclination to make the comfortable choices in trading will actually lead to less than terrible results. Awareness of this inherent human handicap to trading is your first step in resisting the temptation to make trading decisions that feel good but are wrong on balance.

SIDENOTE: Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: