Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
ClownHunter

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

Hey ryan, pm sent please respond want to get in this week Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:18:43 PM

This is all skilled trading boils down to. Playing on the emotions of the markets, which are driven by just two; fear and greed. That’s it. Create enough fear, and people will sell – at any price. Create enough greed and people will buy at any price.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that this is only happening with LTCD. It happens across the entire Crypto market – BTC included. The cycle of accumulation and distribution is repeated endlessly  everyday across every coin in this market.

The implication for the trader is, to win, you must be able to differentiate between accumulation and distribution – only then will it be 100% clear that those who do the opposite of “the herd” always win.

spot on I was just having this exact conversation because there is a lot of whipsaw action in a number of coins now
fyi i have sent you a pm about jumping in again this week, hoping for a repeat of last week profit
looking forward to hearing back (hoping to get in before tomorrow)

Indeed. It is a buyers market right now.

I tend not to use the word "value" when discussing the price of Altcoins, because I feel that 98% of coins in this market have no true intrinsic "value" at all.

What I will say though is that there are several coins right now that are volume magnets - which are trading very close to their all time lows. So the opportunity is vast for those that have their heads screwed on.

Just responded your Pm by the way.

Hey ryan, pm sent please respond want to get in this week Smiley

Hey there

check your messages

thanks

pragmatic gut

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:48:46 AM

Ryan,

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you this past week. I am a very emotional type, so you were able to help me through a block in my trading. I know I have a long way to go but I feel like I have a better strategy in front me now.

A lot of what you pass on can last for more than a week or two. So, I am going to apply your recommendations and will be back in a few weeks.

Cheers
bookreader

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:18:01 PM

BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:51:13 PM

Appreciate the guidance over the past two weeks Ryan. I'm starting to feel confident which was my original goal. The advice has been most valuable to me, the wins are just icing on the cake.

Feeling like I can tackle the market on my own now which is such a contrast to when I first joined.

Looking forward to another week with the squad.
dontCAREhair

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:34:59 PM

Hi peoples!! ryan not sure if you have seen my messages? I have sent a few now
I was with you guys the week before last.. Hoping to have another go round with the boys
as I understand registration closes tomorrow?? Would want to get in before then please
Looking forward to hearing back from you
thanks a lot bro Smiley
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:28:39 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 10:39:20 PM by RyanPumper

Ryan,

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you this past week. I am a very emotional type, so you were able to help me through a block in my trading. I know I have a long way to go but I feel like I have a better strategy in front me now.

A lot of what you pass on can last for more than a week or two. So, I am going to apply your recommendations and will be back in a few weeks.

Cheers

Thanks,

the more hands on you become with the markets the easier it becomes to pull profit.

Remember, everything you need to know about where a coin is about to go - price wise - is spelled out clearly in both the charts and order book.

So many novices get destroyed by fighting the trend, insisting that the market is due to reverse itself. They may try to catch short-term moves in hopes of making a few quick wins, or they are always looking to catch tops and bottoms in hopes of capturing the big moves. All of these guys end up trading against the prevailing trend and, more often than not, end up getting wiped out.

To contrast that, you already have an advantage over 90% of the participants in this market - in that you have an actual profit pulling strategy, so all you need to do is keep a cool head and follow the natural price cycle of each coin.

No over complicated B.S. just remain selective, and your win:loss ratio will continue to be far more superior than that of the average alt trader

Appreciate the guidance over the past two weeks Ryan. I'm starting to feel confident which was my original goal. The advice has been most valuable to me, the wins are just icing on the cake.

Feeling like I can tackle the market on my own now which is such a contrast to when I first joined.

Looking forward to another week with the squad.

Nice!

many more plays to come - and much more profit to be had.

Good to have you back on board this week.

Hi peoples!! ryan not sure if you have seen my messages? I have sent a few now
I was with you guys the week before last.. Hoping to have another go round with the boys
as I understand registration closes tomorrow?? Would want to get in before then please
Looking forward to hearing back from you
thanks a lot bro Smiley

Hey there

Got your messages and have just sent you one back

Cheers

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:25:21 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Tip of the Week - Stop Thinking so Small

I have realised that most people in Crypto aren’t able to make big money trades, simply because they don’t fully understand how the market works.

There are several flash in the pan coins that can be traded for 100% gains repeatedly. But, coins like that are dominated by skilled Traders who have a total grasp on what they are doing. I have said it before and will repeat: Skilled traders are only skilled because they make the majority of their money from the mistakes of unskilled traders – thus, most of you who are new to trading Crypto tend to lose out – unless you have a solid edge.

People come into Crypto with aspirations to trade 1 BTC up to 10 BTC, which is totally possible and is something that is relatively simple to do.

The only problem is, the majority of Novice traders are too short sighted. They covet markets that jump 200% in 24hrs, but shun Coins that only move 30, 40%.

I have said it time and time again. Trading isn’t the quick-paced, over the top spectacle that you see in Hollywood films. This over dramatization of the process of buying and selling is how most novice traders approach Crypto – and ultimately why they consistently fail.

You will never trade 1 BTC to 10 BTC if you only trade coins that jump 100% within 24 hrs.

In fact, if this is your strategy, then you will find yourself losing more money than you make just because of how fast these flash in the pan coins tend to move.

If you want to make a shit tonne of money trading Altcoins, then let me explain to you the benefits of taking Long-Term trades. Let me explain why it is crucial to always be aware of the bigger picture when trading altcoins.  

How can you turn 1 BTC into 10 BTC within a month? Is it even possible? Of course it’s possible!

This is the secret: Price cycles, Price Patterns and Trends.

These are three things that every serious trader should be in tune with when playing the Crypto Markets.

Regular readers are now fully in tune with monitoring Support / Resistance levels, by looking at the order book – instead of cluttering their charts with 400 useless indicators that can only track the past instead of the future. That’s what the order book is for, tracking the future. Don’t be mistaken though, the past is just as important in revealing the most crucial pieces of information such as:

LONG TERM VIABILITY
What you want to see when looking at a chart is three main things. First you want to see that your coin has had multiple high percentage price hikes in the past. This is a good sign of long term viability. If you can see multiple spikes and dips, this means that there are traders who are constantly willing to buy this Coin every time the value declines  which is a great indicator when you’re looking to gauge market sentiment towards a Coin. As an example, were going to be looking at UROCoin

Second, you want to see that your Coin has been able to maintain a consistent level of Trading Volume throughout its entire lifespan. This is a sign of strength because, typically, people do not repeatedly throw money at something that isn’t lining their pockets with cash.

If you can see that your Coin has managed to maintain a healthy level of Trading Volume, as illustrated above, over its entire lifespan, then you can rank that Coin high on the profitability scale.

Lastly, and this is probably the most important. The Charts can be used to reveal whether or not your Coin has settled into a rhythm.

A coin that has settled into a rhythm will constantly exhibit the same behaviour over and over again.
For example, if a coin has climbed 100%, dropped by -70%, then climbed 100% and dropped -70% on numerous occasions – this is a behaviour makes your coin very predictable and easy to exploit for profit.

RHYTHM EXPLOITATION
Now as I mentioned above, the best way to predict where a coin is going to go price wise – is to look at the behaviour that it has exhibited in the past.

Is your Coin following a rhythm?

Has it settled into a predictable pattern that can easily be exploited for continuous profit?

Looking at the example above, URO has fallen into the 30 – 45K range twice before exploding and shooting upwards producing staggering returns.

This is an element that is very crucial when planning your trades.

Too often people are swayed by short-term price movement, because they just don’t see the bigger picture. They just don’t understand that if you are approaching this market with a short-term mind frame, then you will only ever make pocket change.

The big money is made when you start to take a long term view. When you begin to look at the wider picture, short-term price movement begins to mean absolutely nothing – because it is only a very small piece of a complex puzzle.

THE EXIT IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE ENTRY
So you’re thinking about diving into a coin. You have assessed the order book and resistance looks low enough to facilitate a nice and profitable bull run. You have looked at the charts to gauge Price behaviour and to note the Psychologically Important Price Points. That is all great and essential to making sure that you have a high probability trade in front of you. You have now got your entry all figured out.

But, what about your exit?

Before entering in to any trade, you must already have your exit mapped out. If you look at the example above, you can see that when URO surged from 31K Satoshi to 3Million Satoshi – that move unfolded over a 2 week and 3 day period. The second move from 47K Satoshi to 689K Satoshi unravelled over a 2 week and 5 day span. Again, this behaviour is very predictable.

This is crucial information.

Those that aren’t aware of things like this are more vulnerable and susceptible to making their buying / selling decisions based on mere +10%, -10% moves. These traders are not aware of the bigger picture.

Tip: The market is just a bunch of human beings working in unison, thus, price movement is just as predictable as human behavior. We all have habits and behavioral traits that we exhibit over and over again. So does the Crypto markets. This is what you have to be focused on. If something has happened twice before, then it will happen again. If you use this key piece of information and apply it to your own trading - you will start to really hit those high profitability trades. Short-term plays are fine and dandy - if you are 100% confident that you know what you're doing. If not, then you want to expand your horizons and begin to take advantage of the long term opportunities that exist in this market. Personally, my largest profits have come from rallies that unfolded over several days. This is a very simple way to approach the market - especially if you're looking for big wins, with low risk.

SIDENOTE:  Look at each market (coin) as a venue - a venue that has a max capacity. In our case the venues capacity, instead of human beings, can only be filled with BTC (trading volume). So, If a coin has already attracted a tremendous amount of volume, volume that is magnitudes  above what the logical part of your brain would deem average levels – then that particular market is filled (or close to being filled) to its maximum capacity. Thus the only thing left to happen is for the BTC to come back out of that market – causing the value to plummet.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:43:29 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 11/24
Week Ending: 11/30

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now may be the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks closes tonight at 6pm EST
Members netted a 4,760% gain in September, 5,582% in October and are currently up 3,802% this month.

We are currently moving on this weeks picks!

Just send me a Private Message here or a Direct Message on Twitter to sign up.

Happy Trading!

meadefreling

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:11:38 AM

I have a feelings that you are running a good service but i would suggest that if you have 4 picks you give 1 to your follower on this thread and when they see the success they might as well sign up for the service.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:13:12 PM

25 Nov - 26 Nov
Total return: 138%
Coins: SWIFT, ESC

An observation of mine is that most Novice traders will draw lines on a chart to define the “ceiling” and the “floor” of price regions with the general assumption being that it is entirely impossible for these lines to be broken. Whilst it is good practice to look to define a trending market, you must always be aware these lines are not rods of steel. Consider them more as rubber, or flexible bands.  Whilst these levels do constitute barriers and platforms, they are not solid walls, and on occasion you will see them broken, only for the market to move back into the channel once again. Consider them to be ‘elastic’ with a little bit of ‘give’.

SWIFT

I have been an accumulator of SWIFT since late October when the price dropped to 7K, which was a new all time low. I also encouraged members to do so, due to the fact that SWIFT has only been around since the beginning of October but has managed to attract and retain an adequate amount of daily trading volume. This is a sign of strength and instantly separates SWIFT from the hoards other coins in the market – from a technical standpoint.

SWIFT spent the majority of this month in consolidation repeatedly bouncing between the 7K – 10K range. The longer a coin consolidates within a narrow range, the more dramatic the resulting price action will be once the coin moves away from this region.

I knew that this break from the 7K – 10K range would have some steam behind it simply because  the volume on the initial break was well above what it had been days prior to the move. This is a sign of positive momentum.

Whilst I type this upward resistance for SWIFT is still at rock bottom levels. It will only take a meagre 3.6 BTC to move this market from 12K to 14K, so still some room for manoeuvring there.

Tip: Never take a trade that would jeopardize your ability to continue trading. Always limit the risk on a trade to a level that you know would permit you to come in and play the game again if you were wrong. You don’t have to participate in every rally, or every home run opportunity. Personally, I look at each trade as one of the next one thousand trades. If you start thinking in terms of the next one thousand trades, all of a sudden you’ve made any single trade seem very inconsequential. Who cares if a particular trade is a winner or a loser? It’s just another trade.

ESC

ESC is a market that will baffle, fool and bamboozle many a novice trader. There are several “traders” who have admitted, out in the open, that they would never touch “a coin like ESC” simply because volume is everything. Well, in this case, that assumption would be totally erroneous.

Sure, historical Trading Volume is the ultimate tool in picking and selecting the most sure fire winners – because people just do not repeatedly throw their money at something that isn’t lining their pockets with bundles of cash. But don’t be fooled! This is trading after all, the only line of business in which the same end can be achieved through 100 unique methods.

Yes historical Trading Volume is very important. But so too are behavioural patterns, and historical price movement.

You see, if a coin has exhibited a particular strain of behaviour ‘several’ times in the past – it will exhibit this pattern in the future. With that, I must present you guys with ESCs all time chart just to elucidate how predicable a coin can be once it has settled into a particular rhythm of movement:

Here we can clearly see three identical movements of price. On Oct 10th the price of ESC was sitting at a lowly 71 Satoshi. By the 16th of Oct the price had soared to 669 Satoshi. That is a gargantuan 842% move.

Now that is all fine and dandy... The most important piece of the puzzle is still to come.

After this leap from 71 Satoshi to 669 Satoshi – which unfolded over a 6 day period, the price plunged to 101 Satoshi by the 1st of Nov. An -84% drop.

Exploitable behavioural trait: After rallying the price fell into decline, culminating with an -84% loss in value

As you can see on the chart, it doesn’t end here.

This plunge from 669 Satoshi to 101 Satoshi was followed by yet another price hike. This time the value jumped to 1269 Satoshi, producing a 1156% gain.

By now, I'm sure you're aware of what happens next, as it has happened before. After reaching a high of 1269 Satoshi, the price of ESC plummeted to 152 Satoshi - an 88% decline.

Exploitable behavioural trait: Again, after rallying the price fell into decline culminating with an -88% loss in value

From this low of 152 Satoshi, the price has since climbed to 806 Satoshi – yet another high percentage yield, 430%.

Judging by what we have seen the past, and also due to sell resistance still being quite low – there is still some room for upward movement here.

Overall, this analysis shows how you can use the rhythm of a coin to your advantage. Why waste time trying to “predict” or assume where prices are going when, in this case, everything is already spelled out to you on the chart.

Clearly, after every rally, the price tends to decline by 80% - 90%. This gives you a clear picture of what would be a “good price” to enter ESC.

In regards to when / where to exit – we know that ESC has had two major rallies in the past. The first one producing gains of 842%, the second 1156%. So being that it's good practice to reign in emotions such as greed, it would be fair to say that you could very easily pull a 100% profit from ESC if you get in at the right time.

This means that you can go into this market with 2BTC and very quickly turn it into 4BTC. This is how you use Price Patterns to your advantage.

Tip: When looking at charts, I have found that moves can be seen much more clearly when you adopt a longer time perspective. All of the important price ranges become much more apparent when you begin to get further from the current time period. Personally, I like to assess the ALL Chart before jumping into a trade. This gives me a clear picture of how to exploit recurring price patterns. The smaller the time frame is, the harder it is to judge where a good exit point is. Someone who is concentrating only on a short time frame will miss things that are so obvious to those who are looking more carefully. These short sighted traders will be more susceptible to getting shaken out of a position due to insignificant price action that has nothing to do with the overall trend – yet another reason why people fail to pull consistent profit from Crypto. Personally, I know that if anything about a particular coin is important, it will already be spelled out in the Order books and on the Charts – thus I don’t need to follow updates or news events when making a trading decision. These factors combine to create a certain level of efficiency that most novice traders lack.

SIDENOTE: You want to eliminate as many poor-percentage and high risk trades from your repertoire as possible. Once you have done this, you will see a dramatic boost in your overall profitability. Trading less and taking only the best-percentage trades are such an important part of pulling consistent wins. Ask yourself before each trade, “why am I taking this trade?” If you don’t have an answer – or can’t justify the answer, then skip the trade.  To develop the mentality needed to win in Crypto, you must develop a high probability strategy. It is as simple as that. You must have the discipline to sit and wait for only the most optimal trades where all the factors of a bull run are lined up and painfully obvious. Only then should you be putting on a trade.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:28:50 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 04:50:28 PM by RyanPumper

PM sent ryan. Hoping to join this week

Sorry, a little late there bro. Registration is closed for the week.

Cheers

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 11/24
Week Ending: 11/30

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now may be the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now CLOSED

Registration re-opens Saturday 11/29.
Members netted a 4,760% gain in September, 5,582% in October and are currently up 3,802% this month.

We are currently moving on this weeks coins!

Happy Trading!

cutepuppy

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:38:19 PM

Cheers
I just missed it by a day Ryan.....no chance of squeezing me in just for the next few days??? I don't mind if I missed the earlier moves. I would sincerely appreciate it Ryan...I wanted to get in on Monday but didn't have my coins together then.....I am ready to go now.
Let me know

EDIT: will pay 1btc if you can squeeze me in for the rest of the week
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

Cheers
I just missed it by a day Ryan.....no chance of squeezing me in just for the next few days??? I don't mind if I missed the earlier moves. I would sincerely appreciate it Ryan...I wanted to get in on Monday but didn't have my coins together then.....I am ready to go now.
Let me know

Apologies bro, not much I can do.

If I were to let you in now, I'd have to do the same for everyone else - which wouldn't be beneficial for the rest of the team.

Registration opens again on Sat 29th

Cheers

cutepuppy

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

Cheers
Let me know

Apologies bro, not much I can do.

If I were to let you in now, I'd have to do the same for everyone else - which wouldn't be beneficial for the rest of the team.

Registration opens again on Sat 29th

Cheers

Okay I understand.....I will be early this time Smiley BTW i got into LTCD at 165 and sold at 293 after your post last week.....My best trade this month i think. I mentioned in the pm i sent but i'm not sure if you saw it? So was wandering if you had anything else like that to share with us?

Maybe before saturday? if not then I will wait.... but just asking. Thank you
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 03:37:30 AM

Wow As a retired Forex trader I must say isn't it great to be able to do things in the crypto world that are illegal in Forex (except for the big banks of course HAHA).

I tried to find the requirements to join your pumper group. what are the requirements?

How many Bitcoins do we need in our trading account to qualify?

How many members do you run per month?

Now since you have this all set up like a very professional Forex seminar, please sir explain to me what you base your analysis on. In forex the currency has movements for a couple reasons, a demand for that currency from the purchase of goods from another country, or economical news movements, and lastly the most unexpected movements that defy all trading logic the well known bank market movers movements. Since cryptocoins have neither a real demand for them and very little news movements, how can you base your analysis on the same movement standards of Forex.

I am just curious. Reading thru this thread was like I was in training for Forex all over again. Truth be told, crypto currencies have nothing backing up neither a fundamental nor a technical analysis. People tradig Crypto are like a bunch of farts in a wind storm, they havfe no idea what they are doing, what to buy when to buy it or why to buy it. That in addition to NOTHING demanding the need for any coin including Bitcoins, I have to say I was astounded at your success. I have my own ideas based on my forex experience as to how you are so successful, but I am curious how you understand how the movements are going to happen, especially with the way some coins die so quickly?

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:13:11 PM

Now since you have this all set up like a very professional Forex seminar, please sir explain to me what you base your analysis on. In forex the currency has movements for a couple reasons, a demand for that currency from the purchase of goods from another country, or economical news movements, and lastly the most unexpected movements that defy all trading logic the well known bank market movers movements. Since cryptocoins have neither a real demand for them and very little news movements, how can you base your analysis on the same movement standards of Forex.

Nice! I am also from an FX background, but not the retail side of things. Thus, I’ve been exposed to equities, bonds, futures , penny stocks – the list goes on. In fact, in practice, you'll find that Crypto Currencies have much more in common with Penny Stocks than they do with any other financial market.

The general misconception retail traders / investors seem to have is that each financial market stands on its own and doesn’t have direct, tick by tick correlations with other markets, which is totally incorrect. I may touch on this in another post.

In addition to that, I always regarded financial markets as the ultimate puzzle because everyone is engaged in trying to solve it, and when you’re solving any puzzle, you have to begin with the perspective “What do I know for sure?”

Is there any bedrock to start off my analysis? Well, one of the only things that can be said with certainty is that markets trend - because you can observe trends in any financial market, in any time era. You can go back 150 years in cotton futures, and there are trends everywhere. The same is true for equities, bonds, short-term rates, crypto currencies – everything.

It would seem illogical that markets trend. In fact, theoretically, markets should discount all information before changing price level. But that is not what they do. And the reason they trend is because our minds just don’t work properly. This quirk in our way of thinking forces us to make estimations on the future based on all the knowledge we have of the past, at the current moment. So although I tend to avoid conceptualizing the market in anthropomorphic terms, markets don’t think. The market simply provides a price that comes about through a collection of human beings - this is what I base my analysis on.

I am just curious. Reading thru this thread was like I was in training for Forex all over again. Truth be told, crypto currencies have nothing backing up neither a fundamental nor a technical analysis. People tradig Crypto are like a bunch of farts in a wind storm, they havfe no idea what they are doing, what to buy when to buy it or why to buy it. That in addition to NOTHING demanding the need for any coin including Bitcoins, I have to say I was astounded at your success. I have my own ideas based on my forex experience as to how you are so successful, but I am curious how you understand how the movements are going to happen, especially with the way some coins die so quickly?

More often than not, and this is especially so with Crypto, the fundamentals are less important than the psychology – thus technical analysis prevails. And simply, when ever you have a collection of human beings buying / selling an asset, there will always be prevailing patterns of movement. These patterns are exposed on the charts.

But don't be mistaken, when I mention technical analysis, I am not making reference to the average guy who uses RSI, Fibonacci, Bollinger Bands and other such (useless) tools to make their trading decisions – I am referring to time-tested indicators such as price action, which can be taken advantage of during a bull run. Pattern recognition – which is used to assess the long-term viability of an asset and expose repetitive price cycles. Order book analysis (Level 2 analysis) to highlight the best time to get into / out of a trade, based on support and resistance.

And to go even further, I would have to say that despite what most people seem to believe - there are hoards of professional traders involved with Crypto, and this is evident in the order books and charts.

As a professional, your whole training and experience with the markets is the complete and entire opposite of the average retail day trader - many times, I see coins being supported with excessive trading volume - simply because there is an obvious trend to exploit. However, the actual process of becoming adequately positioned in a trending market - at the bottom of the trend - would frighten the living daylights out of a novice trader, this is why most people in crypto never win. Even if they do buy into a solid coin that is poised for an extended bull run - they either get shaken out of the market due to fear of a loss and not understanding that there is a prevailing trend, or they liquidate their entire holdings for a measly 100% gain when that coin has all the signs of raking in a 500%+ yield.

If you read through my posts you will see that you can very easily separate the coins that "die quickly", from the strongest performers in the market - and there are a whole lot of strong performers.

It's just that people don't realise this. This is typical though, and is also why only the minority make money in this market.

If a coin hasn't moved 100% within 24 hrs, people assume it to be a dud. Because of this, they ignore those coins that creep upwards in stealth - these coins make 20 - 40% advancements 7 days in a row, then when the laggards finally catch on - after the coin has already moved 200%+ over several days, they dive in (at the top), then when the price falls out of the sky - they complain that crypto is rigged and that only the "big boys" win... when actually, they had all the opportunity to get into the coin weeks before when the volume was low, buy support was low, sell resistance was low - but there was a prevailing trend.

You see most crypto traders will never win - simply because they don't understand why / how a market moves. So they are always "scared."

If I told you to buy into a coin that had zero buy support, low volume for the day, and was somewhere on the backpages of bittrex - you would think I was crazy.

But, each day (guaranteed) that coin will make a 20 - 40%+ advancement - and you will sit back saying.. "it's only moved 10% in 5 hours big deal".. And then that moment will come several days later, when that very coin is sitting on the front page of bittrex at a 200%+ gain with an excessive amount of trading volume - then you'd rush to buy in (at the top) and end up losing out.

You see to win you cant make trading decisions based on comfort... Because that is how the majority of participants in this market make their trading decisions. And we all know the majority losses the most money.

Therefore if "common wisdom" dictates that I should only buy into a coin when buy support is at it's highest, when the daily trading volume is at it's highest - then this is ammunition that you can use to your advantage. You can assume that, when volume / buy support is at it's highest, the rest of the market is in buy mode - thus, to win, you need to be the one selling to these buyers. And the only way you can put yourself in that position, is to get into a coin (that has a prevailing trend) when it looks absolutely terrible - which is usually at "the bottom" of the trend, right before the distribution phase.

That's how you make the serious money in crypto.

Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:10:00 AM

Does Spoetnik approve of Ryan Pumper?
BTCfan668

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

This is all skilled trading boils down to. Playing on the emotions of the markets, which are driven by just two; fear and greed. That’s it. Create enough fear, and people will sell – at any price. Create enough greed and people will buy at any price.

Don’t be fooled into thinking that this is only happening with LTCD. It happens across the entire Crypto market – BTC included. The cycle of accumulation and distribution is repeated endlessly  everyday across every coin in this market.

The implication for the trader is, to win, you must be able to differentiate between accumulation and distribution – only then will it be 100% clear that those who do the opposite of “the herd” always win.

I think this is what is happening right now. But, question, would you say that this is currently happening across the entire market? Because everything seems to be moving up. I read in one of your posts, you were saying that the price of each coin is connected somehow do you mind explaining this to us? I enjoy your accumulation and distribution theories. I had a similar hypothesis but couldn't put it into wording. What you said about dealers "stocking up their warehouses" at wholesale price and then selling at retail price really resonates with me. I would like to hear more of your views on this since it seems that the entire market is following this cycle
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:49:59 PM

25 Nov - 28 Nov
Total return: 825%
Coins: OPAL, ESC

There are several solutions to properly defining the behaviour of the crypto market and, once you become aware of them, trading will become like operating your own personal money machine.  Winning streaks often lead to complacency. This is something I stress to members. Complacency  leads to sloppy trading. In these winning periods, traders are least likely to consider what might go wrong, especially worst case scenarios. The moral is: when your positions are sailing to new highs almost daily, and when all of your trades are working, be 10 times more cautious! These are the times to guard against complacency and to be extra alert in order to lock profits in.

OPAL

Pattern exploitation. That is all this play boils down to. You see, OPAL is not just your typical makeshift altcoin. This is a coin that has settled into a blatantly obvious pattern of movement. And, wherever there are patterns to exploit – there is a huge sum of money to be made.

I advise you guys to click onto the OPAL market, load up the All-time chart, expand the view – and look at how many times OPAL has fallen into the 450 – 300 Satoshi range before shooting upwards and producing a 100%+ gain? It has happened over, and over again.

You see what irks me the most in Crypto is that it is actually easier to win  than it is to lose – yet people continue to average up loss after loss.

Oddly, people are content to buy into BTC and hold for several weeks or even months – yet they shudder at the thought of spending more than a day holding an altcoin (that has a prevailing pattern of movement). Going even further, these novice traders refer to long-term trades as “bag-holding” which is probably why they will remain novice traders.

It is my belief that trading cryptos is similar to taking an exam, whilst simultaneously scraping all of the answers from Google. This is because the answer to the biggest question – where is the price going next – is always spelled out in big bold letters in the charts.

However, this isn’t true for every coin.

There is only a select few humdingers  in this market, and the rest really are just “crap coins” that need to be avoided at all cost. Therefore, your strategy has to provide you with the means to identify and take advantage of the only most optimal performers in this market.

Tip: Through my analysis I aim to underscore the distinction between gambling and betting or trading with an edge. Participants in Crypto may well be gambling. If you don’t have a method (an edge), then trading is every bit as much as a gamble as betting in the casinos. But with a method, trading becomes a business rather than gambling. Fortunately for us Crypto traders, whereas the casinos can ban players because they become too proficient, this market has no way of eliminating the skilful traders. Therefore if you have an edge that provides you with the most unfair advantage over other traders, no exchange can come to you and say, “We’ve noticed that you’re making too much money. You can’t trade here anymore.”

ESC

In this market, skilled traders profit directly because of the foolishness of new participants and novices. It is as simple as that, and will always be the case.

A skilled traders sole objective is to get novices to buy during the distribution phase, and to sell during the accumulation phase – which, obviously, is the opposite of intelligence (yet happens consistently day in, day out)

MACD, RSI, Fibonacci – all interesting tools. But, utterly useless when it comes to pulling truck loads of profit from altcoins. You see the charts paint a picture and ultimately deliver a description of what has happened in the past. It illustrates recurring price points... It highlights the price points that attract the most volume. Overall, the charts are to be used to gather information from the past in order for you to base your future trades within reasoning that is sound.

The charts give you guidance on where and how to place your trades, the order book reveals when to place a trade.

This is why, despite being an expert user of Bollinger Bands and whatever other hocus-pocus tool you have up your sleeve, you still have an endless list of losses from the same market that others are pulling thousands of $/£ from on a weekly basis.

Simply put, if you have 105 indicators cluttering your trade space, then you most certainly aren’t using the charts the way they are supposed to be used – and are therefore hindering your performance.

ESC is a trade that I made simply because of a prevailing price cycle that I used to ascertain the most optimal entry point. From there and onwards, it was simply a case of monitoring the orderbook for sell-side resistance and adjusting my own sell orders as necessary.

There are patterns and price cycles everywhere guys. And no, I am not talking about that “head-and shoulder" B.S, I’m talking about recurring patterns of movement.

It happens all the time across several different coins.  

Market volume is creeping back to the top, so you will be seeing an onslaught of coins hitting high percentage gains within the next few weeks - so please, try not to get burned because there is alot of money to be made. Just remember, being consistently profitable in Crypto means understanding the difference between accumulation and distribution.

Tip: Novice traders tend to lose because they overtrade, which means that they have to be right a lot just to break even. You need to have patience; if you have a good trade on, you have to be able to stay with it. Second, you need courage to go into the market, and courage comes from adequate capitalisation. The trick is not being a contrarian, but being a contrarian at the right time. The successful contrarian needs to be able to filter out the true opportunities. Personally, my filters are a combination of a keen sense of fundamentals and market timing. To me, the Crypto market is a giant treasure hunt. Somewhere in the rubble, there is a big winner – every week, and I am always engaged in finding that next coin with all the characteristics that are going to make it a big move. You should be willing to buy or sell anything. So many people say “I could never buy that kind of coin”. You should be flexible and alert to trading based on probabilities, not marketing or hysteria. Your desire to win must be greater than your desire to be right, only then will these opportunities becoming glaringly obvious to you.

SIDENOTE: You want to eliminate as many poor-percentage and high risk trades from your repertoire as possible. Once you have done this, you will see a dramatic boost in your overall profitability. Trading less and taking only the best-percentage trades are such an important part of pulling consistent wins. Ask yourself before each trade, “why am I taking this trade?” If you don’t have an answer – or can’t justify the answer, then skip the trade.  To develop the mentality needed to win in Crypto, you must develop a high probability strategy. It is as simple as that. You must have the discipline to sit and wait for only the most optimal trades where all the factors of a bull run are lined up and painfully obvious. Only then should you be putting on a trade.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: