Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 year old girl kills bloke stone dead with full auto machine gun  (Read 3920 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:29:24 AM

Yeah, sucks that machines sometimes kill people when improperly operated. Happens. Good lesson to all of us though.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:30:55 AM

Yeah, sucks that machines sometimes kill people when improperly operated. Happens. Good lesson to all of us though.

very well said.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:38:04 AM

very well said.
Thanks

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:02:59 AM

Just watching fox news - there's a  lady commenting on how good and healthy breakfast cereals are in the US, - but too many American fatties are scoffing too much, ... she is just like pro gun nutters in the US saying how good guns are, - but too many kids are blowing heads off fellow Americans, along with thousands of other older Americans that should have common sense blowing each other away bleeding place is outta control .
I think the point of the thread was that the instructor should have had the 9 year old girl first go full auto with a .22lr American 180 to let her get a feel for full auto before he turned her loose with the 9mm Uzi. A fatal error on his part. However, the girl will have one hell of a story to tell at school when her teacher asks the students to share with the class what they did over their summer vacation.

blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:20:16 AM

As for the little girl, this is something that will traumatize her for the rest of her life, and most definitely affect her mental well being.

I think the social reaction often makes these sorts of things worse, like a kind of reverse ostracism.

Similar things can be seen with rape cases, where some women suffer mental anguish for years despite getting lots of care, while others shrug it off and are able to move on a lot better. Ironically, the victims seem to suffer more if they live in an advanced Western environment where rape is culturally less acceptable, as opposed to the victims in areas where women have less/no rights. Putting it very crudely and insensitively to deliver the message: most of the suffering seems to be as result of social conditioning/brainwashing to maintain cultural expectations, and that conditioning is strongly reinforced after the event. Of course I don't disagree with maintaining good standards, but we should also be aware of side-effects.

As Lisa Simpson would say: "I don't want your pity!"
However, the Americans will probably serendipitously shrug off yet another gun accident, and the girl will make new friends with several of her classmates, who have also shot various family members and pets.
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:51:43 AM

Incredibly stupid and negligent to let any 9 year old use a gun of any kind frankly. Even a 22 single shot. I do not care how precocious they may be.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:11:56 PM

actually come to think of it, up until 9/11 youngsters could fly planes as young as 12 or under ? that was the case in the UK anyways

the ease of getting young hands on guns in the US though, as if the gun problem there was not bad enough !

it is like ...

"hey ma, fer ma 5th birthday i wanna let loose with a bazooka and some pump action shotguns down that Burgers and Bullets"

"no son, that place got shut down when a 3 year old drove a Sherman tank over 50 customers in the parking lot"

"but ma, ah wanna shoots me some guns good"

"no son, instead ya all can get yo ass down to Gators and Gatling Guns, its a safer gun shootin' park in Pensacola, you can dress up full metal jacket and wrestle small crocs while shootin gatlins all day, long as yer not in diapers and don't poop yer pants"

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

actually come to think of it, up until 9/11 youngsters could fly planes as young as 12 or under ? that was the case in the UK anyways

the ease of getting young hands on guns in the US though, as if the gun problem there was not bad enough !

it is like ...

"hey ma, fer ma 5th birthday i wanna let loose with a bazooka and some pump action shotguns down that Burgers and Bullets"

"no son, that place got shut down when a 3 year old drove a Sherman tank over 50 customers in the parking lot"

"but ma, ah wanna shoots me some guns good"

"no son, instead ya all can get yo ass down to Gators and Gatling Guns, its a safer gun shootin' park in Pensacola, you can dress up full metal jacket and wrestle small crocs while shootin gatlins all day, long as yer not in diapers and don't poop yer pants"
I don't think 3 year old girls should be participating in beauty pageants, but they do. I don't think 5 years old should be operating motorized vehicles, but they do. We make commercial aircraft pilots retire at 65, yet place no age limitation on train, bus and truck drivers.

The outcome of this event was tragic, but just because apparently you couldn't have handled a weapon at 9 years old does not mean many others can't.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:40:37 PM

Incredibly stupid and negligent to let any 9 year old use a gun of any kind frankly. Even a 22 single shot. I do not care how precocious they may be.
Really?  A few miles from where I live in 1854 an eight and a twelve year old were walking to their school house and happened to be carrying a couple of their dad's rifles.  They were attacked by six Indians.  They killed five and wounded the sixth, then continued to school.

The calvary soldier that wrote the incident up did not report whether they were late for school.
kerimk2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

ACCOUNT BANNED. Email in sig!!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:44:09 PM

It was legal for the 9 year old to hold that gun, so I don't think any charges should be pressed, but its kind of morally wrong to let a 9 year old shoot a fully automatic gun. Somethings wrong with their culture over there.

If you need support for AutoPonzi contact: autoponzi@gmail.com
We aren't sure how long the ban is for. We aren't even sure why we are banned. But we'll try figure it out
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:47:31 PM

Firearms instructor should have air quotes around it. I don't know what that guy was thinking. New shooters start with a single shot long gun, then a semi auto long gun, then a pistol, then a full auto carbine, then a sub-machine gun.
A full auto pistol is the most dangerous kind of gun and should only be used after mastering the other types of weapons.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:56:09 PM

Firearms instructor should have air quotes around it. I don't know what that guy was thinking. New shooters start with a single shot long gun, then a semi auto long gun, then a pistol, then a full auto carbine, then a sub-machine gun.
A full auto pistol is the most dangerous kind of gun and should only be used after mastering the other types of weapons.

Or it should NEVER be taught.  In fact, utility of full auto pistols is limited to a very few specialized uses.  What's going on here is that there is a sort of fascination with "The Uzi".  Oh wow, that's an Uzi?  CAN WE SHOOT AN UZI?  BLAHBLAH BLAH.

Every woman and a lot of guys have to be instructed about the "limp wrist" issue and two handed techniques before firing a pistol. 

This is all made worse by the recent emergence in the Las Vegas area of the shops that advertize "Shoot a machine gun" and which specifically target the Vegas tourists.  Often as not they are first time shooters.  So you have the very worst customer handling the most dangerous gun.  I went to one of these places because I'd always had an interest in shooting a Thompson machine gun (45 cal, 1920s vintage full auto).  Talked to the owner.  He got comfortable with me and I got comfortable with him.

Regardless, he cleared the range when I went in to shoot.

This is why "gun nuts" cause no trouble, are no danger to anyone, and need to be listened to about this stuff.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

Firearms ...

Or it should NEVER be taught.  In fact, utility of full auto pistols is limited to a very few specialized uses.  What's going on here is that there is a sort of fascination with "The Uzi".  Oh wow, that's an Uzi?  ...

And those uzi pistols are useless. I've shot the semi-auto version and couldn't hit a barn with it. Like a tea-cup poodle. They are kinda neat, but are not good dogs.
P.S. The Thompson is a much funner and safer full auto!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:58:30 PM

I don't live in US and sincerely don't understand all that passion US citizens have for weapons but I guess I would get it much better if I were born in States.

What I really disapprove is teaching your 9 yo child to use a weapon (and above all a UZI).

There is a world full of things to learn and discover, sports to practice, interests to share with ourt kids and so on.

Why weapons ? Why

I sincerely don't understand all that delusion non-US citizens have against self-defense, as if they all live in absolutely 100% violent crime-free utopias where there is absolutely no need for the most effective tool for self-defense, ever. As if no 9-year-old has suffered any violence whatsoever.

Why delusion? Why?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:06:58 PM

I don't live in US and sincerely don't understand all that passion US citizens have for weapons but I guess I would get it much better if I were born in States.

What I really disapprove is teaching your 9 yo child to use a weapon (and above all a UZI).

There is a world full of things to learn and discover, sports to practice, interests to share with ourt kids and so on.

Why weapons ? Why

I sincerely don't understand all that delusion non-US citizens have against self-defense, as if they all live in absolutely 100% violent crime-free utopias where there is absolutely no need for the most effective tool for self-defense, ever. As if no 9-year-old has suffered any violence whatsoever.

Why delusion? Why?
It isn't just non-US citizens, it is also liberals that are in the US that do not understand this. If there is a greater chance that the person you are attacking is going to have a gun then don't you think someone would think twice before attacking this hypothetical person? I certainly do. Just look at the cities that have the strictest gun control laws, they also have the highest violent crime rates, one likely reason is because criminals believe there is a small chance their victim will have a gun to defend themselves.

Now for the 9 year old girl, she should really never be in a situation where she needs to defend herself with a gun. She should really never be left alone (on her own) for any significant amount of time, and there should be a responsible adult (either a parent, or some kind of babysitter) with her, or at least in the same house at pretty much all times. This responsible adult would be able to defend the girl if need be.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:44:45 PM

Firearms ...

Or it should NEVER be taught.  In fact, utility of full auto pistols is limited to a very few specialized uses.  What's going on here is that there is a sort of fascination with "The Uzi".  Oh wow, that's an Uzi?  ...

And those uzi pistols are useless. I've shot the semi-auto version and couldn't hit a barn with it. Like a tea-cup poodle. They are kinda neat, but are not good dogs.
P.S. The Thompson is a much funner and safer full auto!

The only thing worse than the uzi is the Glock 18.   Extremely dangerous.  Should never have been made.  Spray and pray junk.

Yep, the Thompson was fun.    I might do it again.  But then if I go to a range, to the pistol targets, and pull out my 1847 Walker Colt replica and it goes BOOM, funniest thing.  All those guys and girls with their little modern popguns turn around and look.

LOL...
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:28:57 AM

This news story is apparently big in Australia, I seem to only be hearing about it from aussie friends. This leads me to believe this story is being pumped for political reasons to justify not only gun control in Australia but in the US. No a 9 year old should never had a fully automatic weapon in her hands, even if you find that acceptable, the instructor should have been behind her controlling her arms. In fact fully automatic weapons are not legal for ANYONE in most states unless you have a federal permit which requires extensive background checks. The instructor is 100% at fault here, thankfully the only person physically harmed was the person responsible. Of course this poor girl will have to live with this but at least no one else was injured.

This is totally a case of picking one extreme example out of proportion and pretending like it is a common occurrence to make law abiding gun owners look like reckless maniacs and produce fear in others so they over react and try to push equally irrational fear based laws. Why is it you never see any stories about a gun being pulled and never fired in defense of peoples lives against criminals? That is not the narrative the media wants you to hear.  In summary, one poor firearms instructor doesn't invalidate the right to defend one's self sorry.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:35:24 AM

Enough with this tarring all "liberals" with a pro-criminal safety brush, divide and conquer, bullshit. There are plenty of "liberals" who fully support the 2A and oppose all gun laws/infringements thereof, just as there are plenty of "conservatives" who fully oppose the 2A and support all gun laws/infringements thereof.

When modern usage of "conservative" and "liberal" has no meaningful distinction from each other or "sociopaths" "tyrants" "statists" "fascists", it's time to start using the latter, correct terms.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:36:36 AM

Why would you even let your 9 year kid use an uzi? Can understand maybe if they're in their teens but it seems crazy to me to let such a young person fire an automatic machine gun.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:50:11 AM

Enough with this tarring all "liberals" with a pro-criminal safety brush, divide and conquer, bullshit. There are plenty of "liberals" who fully support the 2A and oppose all gun laws/infringements thereof, just as there are plenty of "conservatives" who fully oppose the 2A and support all gun laws/infringements thereof.

When modern usage of "conservative" and "liberal" has no meaningful distinction from each other or "sociopaths" "tyrants" "statists" "fascists", it's time to start using the latter, correct terms.
This is sort of true.  It's just like saying "there are lots of pious liberal Catholics who are anti-abortion."

Yeah.

But when those Catholics and those liberal 2A supporters go to the ballot box, they support anti-gun hysteria and gun control and abortion when they vote Democratic. 

Let's be realistic.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: