Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 01:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 year old girl kills bloke stone dead with full auto machine gun  (Read 3923 times)
coory

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We Have To Stop The IMC!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:52:05 AM

sad fact  Angry Embarrassed Embarrassed
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:52:47 AM

Enough with this tarring all "liberals" with a pro-criminal safety brush, divide and conquer, bullshit. There are plenty of "liberals" who fully support the 2A and oppose all gun laws/infringements thereof, just as there are plenty of "conservatives" who fully oppose the 2A and support all gun laws/infringements thereof.

When modern usage of "conservative" and "liberal" has no meaningful distinction from each other or "sociopaths" "tyrants" "statists" "fascists", it's time to start using the latter, correct terms.
This is sort of true.  It's just like saying "there are lots of pious liberal Catholics who are anti-abortion."

Yeah.

But when those Catholics and those liberal 2A supporters go to the ballot box, they support anti-gun hysteria and gun control and abortion when they vote Democratic.  

Let's be realistic.

Let's be realistic and remember that corpses' and incarcerated felons' votes are counted more than eligible voters', and that the worst possible evil regardless of party or meaningless distinction without a difference of ideology, always "wins" where it matters.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:53:29 AM

...fully automatic weapons are not legal for ANYONE in most states unless you have a federal permit which requires extensive background checks. The instructor is 100% at fault here, thankfully the only person physically harmed was the person responsible. ...
The activity of renting the full auto gun while in a controlled environment is fully legal in many states.

You refer to OWNING them.
Matze

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:11:13 AM

This news story is apparently big in Australia, I seem to only be hearing about it from aussie friends. This leads me to believe this story is being pumped for political reasons to justify not only gun control in Australia but in the US. No a 9 year old should never had a fully automatic weapon in her hands, even if you find that acceptable, the instructor should have been behind her controlling her arms. In fact fully automatic weapons are not legal for ANYONE in most states unless you have a federal permit which requires extensive background checks. The instructor is 100% at fault here, thankfully the only person physically harmed was the person responsible. Of course this poor girl will have to live with this but at least no one else was injured.

This is totally a case of picking one extreme example out of proportion and pretending like it is a common occurrence to make law abiding gun owners look like reckless maniacs and produce fear in others so they over react and try to push equally irrational fear based laws. Why is it you never see any stories about a gun being pulled and never fired in defense of peoples lives against criminals? That is not the narrative the media wants you to hear.  In summary, one poor firearms instructor doesn't invalidate the right to defend one's self sorry.
Any gun related death that somehow involves children will always be used to promote the gun control agenda. After the sandy hook shooting President Obama used the death of 26 children to try to pass legislation that would make it harder to buy a gun. 
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:35:16 PM

...fully automatic weapons are not legal for ANYONE in most states unless you have a federal permit which requires extensive background checks. The instructor is 100% at fault here, thankfully the only person physically harmed was the person responsible. ...
The activity of renting the full auto gun while in a controlled environment is fully legal in many states.

Of course renting them for use is legal under the supervision of a licensed owner or instructor, in a state where fully automatic weapons are legal. I never intended to insinuate otherwise.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:58:55 PM

Of course renting them for use is legal under the supervision of a licensed owner or instructor, in a state where fully automatic weapons are legal. I never intended to insinuate otherwise.
Got it, thought the reverse....

Now all we need is the ability to rent bullets...
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Very unlucky accident i feel bad for the guy and worse for the girl tbh.  I guess it was pretty stupid to be teaching a girl this weak to fire a gun like that.  Imagine how the girl is going to feel throughout her life? would not want to be her.

It is the parent at fault at putting the girl in that situation. The parents can be sued for negligent.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:26:59 PM

Very unlucky accident i feel bad for the guy and worse for the girl tbh.  I guess it was pretty stupid to be teaching a girl this weak to fire a gun like that.  Imagine how the girl is going to feel throughout her life? would not want to be her.

It is the parent at fault at putting the girl in that situation. The parents can be sued for negligent.
The instructor still could have said no. He is supposed to be the expert anyways.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:58:15 PM

What a tragic event, in some ways it could have been a lot worse with her losing control like that (not that it makes the situation any better).

The gun control crowd will go mad for this.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:13:43 PM

I feel terrible for the girl, she must be going thru hell. Plus her parents, cant even imagine knowing that their daughter caused the death of someone, even if it is an accident. We have to remember it was an accident. people saying that we should have gun control are idiots. this guy has trained even younger kids. it was a tragic accident, plain and simple. something that the family of both parties will have to life with for the rest of their lives..

condolences to both.. but if I had to blame anyone, which im not. the parents of the child probably shouldn't be letting their kid play with a fucking ozie machine gun.. a 22, sure why not, but a heavy duty machine gun? I wouldn't let my 9 year old do it, thats for sure.. sad story, no 2 ways about it..
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:19:16 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 02:37:13 AM by TECSHARE

I feel terrible for the girl, she must be going thru hell. Plus her parents, cant even imagine knowing that their daughter caused the death of someone, even if it is an accident. We have to remember it was an accident. people saying that we should have gun control are idiots. this guy has trained even younger kids. it was a tragic accident, plain and simple. something that the family of both parties will have to life with for the rest of their lives..

condolences to both.. but if I had to blame anyone, which im not. the parents of the child probably shouldn't be letting their kid play with a fucking ozie machine gun.. a 22, sure why not, but a heavy duty machine gun? I wouldn't let my 9 year old do it, thats for sure.. sad story, no 2 ways about it..
You don't think that the instructor holds culpability?
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

As a professional firearms instructor it was his job to safely instruct the girl on using that weapon and to make a judgement whether it was safe for her to use it in full auto mod
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:58:07 AM

As a professional firearms instructor it was his job to safely instruct the girl on using that weapon and to make a judgement whether it was safe for her to use it in full auto mod

The girl was 9 ..... I guess he failed there (no matter the outcome).
bitsat alien

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

It's definitely a trauma but kids actually can and often do recover from trauma
and grow up to be happy well adjusted adults
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:46:21 AM

The instructor still could have said no. He is supposed to be the expert anyways.
Or anyone standing around could have walked over and tried to talk some sense into them.
master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:41:30 AM

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:51:25 AM

It all boils down to a person this young not having the strength to handle such a weapon, let alone an automatic one. As soon as the trigger is pulled the gun just starts spraying upwards or sideways and certainly no young girl could handle it. A .22 cal is the only gun this person should've been allowed to practice on. This is just common sense.

Yup and the fact that the instructor was doing a horrible job at his job.  I was nervous the whole time watching him instruct her on what to do.  I'm very upset at how bad he was at his job, there seemed to be a rush for her to shoot.  He almost forgot to fix her legs the right way, oh and maybe warn her about the recoil and maybe hold her steady.  I couldn't even watch the whole video it just makes me to mad.  I don't even want to know what kind of parents would allow something like this to happen, it's a Uzi, I mean come on!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:08:30 AM

I actually think the instructor's family handled this well and I hope you're right but something tells me this isn't over yet because this is America we're talking about here, some insensitive cunt is going to accuse her of murder.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:35:36 AM

it's a Uzi, I mean come on!

Exactly! I have no problem with children learning to use firearms, but a weapon this powerful? Anyway, a lot of the culpability lies with the instructor and parents, very sad.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:36:47 AM

some insensitive cunt is going to accuse her of murder.

I'd be really surprised at this, I would have thought if there was more of a (manufactured) outrage some form of regulation may be put forward.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█