Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 67407 times)
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 08:35:01 PM

If you do a buyback for 0.32 then ofc all the info is gone concerning who had what.
Possibly you could give 0.32 as a dividend and IF P' does eventually payout something - buyback the bonds accordingly.
Not doing it in is some way would give you a very nice profit at the expense of your clients and you arent that type of person.

I know it's a mess as far as the contracts and stuff but we are in an unusual situation.

Or you can put bid walls @0.32, so those who want the liquid btc of the insurance now can sell, knowingly losing the rest if pirate finally pays out. And those who prefer waiting can keep their bonds, hoping for the buy back. That's how usagi is handling YARR...

Thank you for the suggestion - I have put up a buy for 3000 at 0.32 and that should keep people happy as they can choose.

I know that the number that will be sold will be modest as hold quite a few having purchased some during the past few weeks.  Anyway, catching up on over-night developments (if any).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:03:29 AM

I noticed there were some people after liquidity on PPT.A and PPT.B so added some bids at 0.32 to give effect to the insurance for those two bonds.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 01:52:27 AM

I noticed there were some people after liquidity on PPT.A and PPT.B so added some bids at 0.32 to give effect to the insurance for those two bonds.

If pirate continues acting like a douchebag and refuses to pay back anyone are you going to release all the info you have on him ? Youve said in the past you know him personally so it would be good to reveal whatever info you have after a lot of people would have invested in his operation based on you recommending him. At what point will you write this off as a total scam and report it to the relevent authorities ?

ObviousSock

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:40:22 AM

If pirate continues acting like a douchebag and refuses to pay back anyone are you going to release all the info you have on him ? Youve said in the past you know him personally so it would be good to reveal whatever info you have after a lot of people would have invested in his operation based on you recommending him. At what point will you write this off as a total scam and report it to the relevent authorities ?
I think this is a very valid question.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:41:37 AM

Most of the information I found has already been provided several times over.  I haven't said that i know him personally, but that I know who he is.  Repeating it again, I did some research back in April, linked his listed phone numbers to his businesses and ID and satisfied myself who and where he is.  Like the other people I have done business with, I did my own research, just like anyone else should have done.

I also think your characterisation of my "recommending" him is overdone, but that might simply be a difference of opinion/interpretation.  I've seen that accusation made several times, but not sure where it stems from.  I considered the PPT series of assets an interesting idea when Burt suggested it, but haven't tried to mask the fact that it would at some stage come to an end and people would likely be out of pocket on their investment.  Given the timing, I've paid out more on PPT than I should have, and will continue to do so until it is cleaned up one way or another.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:27:21 AM

Most of the information I found has already been provided several times over.  I haven't said that i know him personally, but that I know who he is.  Repeating it again, I did some research back in April, linked his listed phone numbers to his businesses and ID and satisfied myself who and where he is.  Like the other people I have done business with, I did my own research, just like anyone else should have done.

I also think your characterisation of my "recommending" him is overdone, but that might simply be a difference of opinion/interpretation.  I've seen that accusation made several times, but not sure where it stems from.  I considered the PPT series of assets an interesting idea when Burt suggested it, but haven't tried to mask the fact that it would at some stage come to an end and people would likely be out of pocket on their investment.  Given the timing, I've paid out more on PPT than I should have, and will continue to do so until it is cleaned up one way or another.

I think people assumed the PPT operators had more in depth knowledge of him and some of the stuff in his past should raise some red flags.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 04:40:45 AM

I think people assumed the PPT operators had more in depth knowledge of him and some of the stuff in his past should raise some red flags.

That's reasonable - like where he explained about the $200 cheque fraud and he worked out how hard it was to sort out the ID theft that occurred at the time?  Or that he used to do forex trading (that's on the net) before he did his IT business ventures.  I think there would be a big difference if someone had said "invest in BS&T, it's safe" because I don't recall ever actually having seen that.  It's always been "warning, stupid high risk you might lose all your money" type of stuff.

I'm not sure who all the PPT operators are, and certainly don't know who some of them are behind their usernames.  I have been asked which PPTs people should use because I wasn't keen on running one (other than the GLBSE bonds which were a bit different), and Payb.tc had a nice operation and paid well, so he was probably most visible, but it should not have been hard for people to find a pass-through, and do whatever research they should have.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:55:24 AM

That's reasonable - like where he explained about the $200 cheque fraud and he worked out how hard it was to sort out the ID theft that occurred at the time?  Or that he used to do forex trading (that's on the net) before he did his IT business ventures.  I think there would be a big difference if someone had said "invest in BS&T, it's safe" because I don't recall ever actually having seen that.  It's always been "warning, stupid high risk you might lose all your money" type of stuff.

I'm not sure who all the PPT operators are, and certainly don't know who some of them are behind their usernames.  I have been asked which PPTs people should use because I wasn't keen on running one (other than the GLBSE bonds which were a bit different), and Payb.tc had a nice operation and paid well, so he was probably most visible, but it should not have been hard for people to find a pass-through, and do whatever research they should have.

It doesnt just affect people who invested in pirate though. You can get screwed if you invested in a fund that claimed to have no pirate exposure now it turns out they did through one of their deposits. This pirate shit has infected the whole market and people are getting burnt who wanted nothing to do with his scam. 

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:46:32 AM

It doesnt just affect people who invested in pirate though. You can get screwed if you invested in a fund that claimed to have no pirate exposure now it turns out they did through one of their deposits. This pirate shit has infected the whole market and people are getting burnt who wanted nothing to do with his scam. 

With that, I agree.  I know of at least one scheme where the line was blurred, but was eventually disclosed, and there are others that have had their liquidity screwed by the sudden closing of BS&T.  It is surprising and disappointing, but then perhaps I should not be too surprised.  It helps demonstrate the thin economy and that we're still very early in the bitcoin story.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 08:05:34 AM

With that, I agree.  I know of at least one scheme where the line was blurred, but was eventually disclosed, and there are others that have had their liquidity screwed by the sudden closing of BS&T.  It is surprising and disappointing, but then perhaps I should not be too surprised.  It helps demonstrate the thin economy and that we're still very early in the bitcoin story.

It demonstrates the consequences of fractional accounting. Has nothing to do with a "thin economy" or early phase of bitcoin (cf 2008 financial crisis).

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:22:23 PM

There isn't a bid wall any longer for PPT.A and PPT.B. What's the plan for creating a bidwall for these assets similar to the one that exists for PPT.E?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:42:31 PM

There isn't a bid wall any longer for PPT.A and PPT.B. What's the plan for creating a bidwall for these assets similar to the one that exists for PPT.E?

Fixed. 
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:10:32 PM

We can no longer access any of the so called "black market" bonds including PPT.A
so now we can't even sell to the 0.32 wall....  it was 0.32 insured  - where is the insurance now?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:17:13 PM

?? weird - it would be nice if nefario let me know when he was going to go around breaking things. 

I'll try to find out what he is doing.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:32:07 PM

We can no longer access any of the so called "black market" bonds including PPT.A
so now we can't even sell to the 0.32 wall....  it was 0.32 insured  - where is the insurance now?

Had a chat to Nefario - seems to be a sensible precaution for the time being.  If you needed to redeem the insurance option that should still be possible, but you would need to contact me directly.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:39:51 AM

Ticker              Balance                            Reserved
TYGRR.BOND-P     Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX

all GLBSE PPTs balance gone??

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:50:35 AM

Ticker              Balance                            Reserved
TYGRR.BOND-P     Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX

all GLBSE PPTs balance gone??

No.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:57:20 AM

TYGRR.TECH   Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX
TYGRR.BOND-P   Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX

Looks like a tygrr issue - my 13 TECH shares have gone to.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:09:26 AM

TYGRR.TECH   Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX
TYGRR.BOND-P   Contact issuer:delisted   Claim code: XXXXX

Looks like a tygrr issue - my 13 TECH shares have gone to.

*.BOT
*.BOND-A
*.BOND-B
*.BOND-P
*.TECH

all showing the same delisted status

-- Smoov
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:32:38 AM

Had a chat to Nefario - seems to be a sensible precaution for the time being.  If you needed to redeem the insurance option that should still be possible, but you would need to contact me directly.

Just as an update - I have done an insurance payment today for someone so the system still works.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: