Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is AMT miners the biggest scam out there?  (Read 2999 times)
clenell (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:09:58 PM

These guys are actively telling customers to fuck off and join the class action against them if they dont want to accept the $1000 re-branded chinese miners they paid $6,000 for last year. Seriously, even BFL has been giving refunds as of lately - or so I have been told. I am going on ten months, less $6,000 cash, and no refund in site. Josh Zipkin, the owner is actively taunting people in his  "self moderated" official AMT thread. Is their a shittier company out there? If so tell me I would like to hear it.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:19:38 PM

These guys are actively telling customers to fuck off and join the class action against them if they dont want to accept the $1000 re-branded chinese miners they paid $6,000 for last year. Seriously, even BFL has been giving refunds as of lately - or so I have been told. I am going on ten months, less $6,000 cash, and no refund in site. Josh Zipkin, the owner is actively taunting people in his  "self moderated" official AMT thread. Is their a shittier company out there? If so tell me I would like to hear it.

I read about them when I was researching manufacturers for investment purposes. Weren't they trying to sell their whole gear here, although they had pending orders that werent being shipped?
Somebody should really pay them a visit and sort this out.

Somebody did, and he even reported back to the community:

AMT_minerLESS

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:23:13 AM

These guys are actively telling customers to fuck off and join the class action against them if they dont want to accept the $1000 re-branded chinese miners they paid $6,000 for last year. Seriously, even BFL has been giving refunds as of lately - or so I have been told. I am going on ten months, less $6,000 cash, and no refund in site. Josh Zipkin, the owner is actively taunting people in his  "CENSORED" official AMT thread. Is their a shittier company out there? If so tell me I would like to hear it.

FTFY, let's not dance around what that really is. But yea pretty much accurate all around.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 02:51:20 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 03:28:37 PM by opieum2

I think based on the threads in the hardware which are covered here people will know the real deal:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569769.0 The Official and heavily censored thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.0 Unofficial user thread (uncensored complaints and expose)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=756427.0 Chats leaked exposing his lies. And proof Josh Zipkin is a liar and a cheat.

Also be aware that AMT appears to be hawking their wares via alt accounts and aliases to avoid being associated with their brand. Again another form of shady behavior to avoid legal liability. Just keep an eye on on the hardware as it all looks the same. Until there is proof its another manufacturer its likely them under an alias or proxy.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
clenell (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:21:01 PM

confirmed.

josh zipkin of AMT miners is a scammy piece of shit.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:12:29 PM

Yes, they stole $6,000 from me, and I STILL don't have a working miner. They send me some crap no name miner parts in unpacked boxes. The retail value of these parts are about $800 if that.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:40:25 AM

They are also taking the shady route of creating various front companies (as Josh had stated in chats he would be doing) and selling miners that way. Seeing that the designs are IDENTICAL, it is worth mentioning that segree-bitwinkor could be one of these fronts. As they have both not denied it, AND are unwilling to do escrow, as AMT has shown the same unwillingness, its best to avoid anything coming from AMT or Segree-bitwinkor until they have shown they are not an AMT front.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: