Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed a 2013 Office Key from TUGenius  (Read 1706 times)
Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:02:29 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 05:39:56 AM by Gyfts

Here is the link to his Bitcointalk Profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=300899

It's not my fault, it's the supplier's fault. I tried to give you a temporary fix, but you didn't accept it. The money's gone, I can't give you a refund (take a look at my address on blockchain.info).

You and I are stuck in a pickle, and I can't help you.

Scammed me a key that didn't work. The temporary fix did not work, and I did try. Doesn't want to give me a refund now and I'm stuck in a "pickle".

If I get my refund for what did not work, I will gladly remove or lock or whatever can be done to erase this.[/s]

The above has been solved. Leaving it there for reference.

Report Edit: I received 30 keys as a  "refund". None of them worked when redeeming. They seem to have been working using a check of some sort, but were probably flagged and made not redeemable by Microsoft somehow.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TUGenius

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:36:18 AM

I'll pay you your refund in PayPal if that'll make you take this massive red tag off of me.

flying_pigs

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:48:53 AM

Yeah....gotta agree here.  I got two sets of bad keys too.   Sad
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:14:36 AM

Why ? You scammed them, right ?
Shouldn't people take care when dealing with you ?

OP Don't erase this please. They are just gonna scam some one else.

I'll pay you your refund in PayPal if that'll make you take this massive red tag off of me.

Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

Quoted in case OP deletes Smiley

Here is the link to his Bitcointalk Profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=300899

It's not my fault, it's the supplier's fault. I tried to give you a temporary fix, but you didn't accept it. The money's gone, I can't give you a refund (take a look at my address on blockchain.info).

Scammed me a key that didn't work. The temporary fix did not work, and I did try. Doesn't want to give me a refund now and I'm stuck in a "pickle".

If I get my refund for what did not work, I will gladly remove or lock or whatever can be done to erase this.

Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:20:44 PM

Quoted in case OP deletes Smiley

If I get my refund for what did not work, I will gladly remove or lock or whatever can be done to erase this.

Thought it would act as an incentive, but he just left me negative trust.....

At least we won't be scamming anymore.
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:58:02 PM

Hopefully you did not lose to much.

If you still want to buy a key... I would suggest getting it from grtthegreat
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=256540)
I got a key off him fairly cheap and got it within an hour of paying. He has a thread in digital goods section if you are interested.

TUGenius

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:44:33 PM

I PM'd OP and replaced the key with 30+ keys. Hope that'll work for him so he'll take this negative trust away...

Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:46:08 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 03:07:48 AM by Gyfts

TUGenius has given me multiple keys as a refund. I will remove the trust ratin I have given him on the condition he removes the false trust left to me. I will listen to Justin's advice and leave this report standing but marked as resolved. If anyone has suggestions as to how else this should be handled I am open to it.

I have edited the trust rating.
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

TUG: If it was an honest mistake why did you leave Gyfts bad feedback and not resolve the issue first ?
Pretty immature way to handle it... It seems like you only giving him a refund because you did not relies he was on the default trust list and can make you go 'red'.

xXTMC3Xx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:17:17 PM

Just checked my keys he sold me. They all seem to still be valid.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:23:34 PM

So your scam against Microsoft went bad then?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:27:57 PM

I'm not scamming Microsoft here....don't even know how you came to that conclusion. I'm purchasing Microsoft keys from the seller, they didn't work, end of story. But anyway, the seller has given 30 keys as a refund. This is resolved at the moment for myself. If anyone else has problems with the seller, I suggest making another report, as mine is now cleared.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:45:25 PM

I'm not scamming Microsoft here....don't even know how you came to that conclusion. I'm purchasing Microsoft keys from the seller, they didn't work, end of story. But anyway, the seller has given 30 keys as a refund. This is resolved at the moment for myself. If anyone else has problems with the seller, I suggest making another report, as mine is now cleared.
Maybe I didn't understand then. Are you sure he has the rights to sell keys? If so then contact Microsoft and let them deal with him.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

But anyway, the seller has given 30 keys as a refund. This is resolved at the moment for myself.

He just handed you 30 keys, which suggests that they are not legit. Think about it, he'd rather have the btc payment of just 1 key, rather than keep his 30 keys. You obviously can't spend 30 keys yourself, so please don't try to sell these to others. You didn't like what happened to you, so don't put others in the same situation.

Take one of the 30 keys and call microsoft to ask about it. If they flag that one key, then you'll know the whole batch of 30 are bad.

Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

But anyway, the seller has given 30 keys as a refund. This is resolved at the moment for myself.

He just handed you 30 keys, which suggests that they are not legit. Think about it, he'd rather have the btc payment of just 1 key, rather than keep his 30 keys. You obviously can't spend 30 keys yourself, so please don't try to sell these to others. You didn't like what happened to you, so don't put others in the same situation.

Take one of the 30 keys and call microsoft to ask about it. If they flag that one key, then you'll know the whole batch of 30 are bad.

Understand that he sent me the keys first, before I even requested them. I requested a refund, and he turned around and gave me 30 keys without mentioning it prior. In my eyes, I would keep going until one worked, and none of them did. Microsoft said they were not valid. I'm done with the situation, it doesn't matter at this point. I'll take the loss. Not worth the hassle of dealing with.
Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:41:51 PM

Maybe I didn't understand then. Are you sure he has the rights to sell keys? If so then contact Microsoft and let them deal with him.

TUG said they were MSDN Retail keys after I purchased one. So I don't know what an MSDN retail key is compared to, the "other one" I guess, if there is an other one.
Justin00
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:33:11 AM

All you guys talking about scamming MS...
You guys dont download any pirated tv shows/movies/music?

One msdn key is fine..if someone paid for msdn access and chooses to give you a key...nothing wrong with that.. like ppl are not really supposed to sell them but your not ripping MS off or making them lose anything..its a key soneone would of used anyways.

However saying that.. I dare say 30 keys would be fake/genetated though..and they probs were if none of them worked. The one he gave you probs also was generated..but not your fault if hes told you its msdn..

Gyfts (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:39:11 AM

All and all, this isn't really a big deal. I'm down four dollars, nothing major. I've just added a few details to original report. I'm locking this thread now, people can use it for reference or whatever they please. If any scam reports are against this user in the future, PM me and I will reopen it if that is needed. Thank you to all the people above as well for your thoughts/suggestions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: