Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:48:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptonote Price Alert! for iPhone - iOS dev wanted - Commissioned work  (Read 1540 times)
damashup (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:25:58 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 08:31:33 PM by damashup

Cryptonote Price Alert!
iPhone/ Mobile Phone app

Looking to commission an iOS dev to create a Price Alert app for iPhone, features to include:

***Push notifications directly to phone***
***Support for all the major exchanges currently listing Cryptonote coins***
***Price ticker information for XMR, BBR, XDN and all Cryptonote coins listed on exchanges***
***Stats on 24 hour volume, high/ low price, current ask/ bid and price graphs***

THE IDEA

I've got an idea for an iPhone app. The idea isn't rocket science. There are plenty of apps that provide price alerts for Bitcoin. I'm looking to create a price alert app for Cryptonote coins. Particularly Monero and Boolberry.

One problem… I haven't got the first clue when it comes to app development or how much such a project would cost. I'm by no means technical although I have dabbled enough in coding and API calls etc, to know that I’ll need a developer to undertake this project.

I am really driven by a desire to make it easier to track the coins that I've an interest in, rather than making a profit out of the app. If I break even (eventually), and have an app that allows me to set alerts and carrying on with daily life, instead of monitoring the exchanges every ten minutes, I’ll be good!

I’m a non-tech guy looking to put up some cash for what I think would be a useful app (for myself) and the Crytonote community as a whole.

THE NEED

I've search the App Store and cannot find an app that fits the bill.

If there an app already floating around, please let me know. If it's good, I'll happily use this thread to plug it. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel.

If there isn't an app, I feel there needs to be one. Not only as a practical tool for existing converts to Monero, Boolberry, Ducknote et al, but also as a means of exposing Cryptonote coins to a new wider audience.

THE USER STORY

With that said this is what I'm after. Nothing fancy. As a user,

• I want to be able to set an alarm on my phone and for my phone to alert me when a coin’s price is more/ less than a set price on a given exchange/ all exchanges.
  • I want an alarm to go off when the threshold I've set has been hit. I want to be able to set the alarms to silent or vibrate if necessary.
  • I want an on-screen notification when the alarm goes off with details of coin that has hit it's threshold and the price that has been reached.
  • as well as an alarm, I'd like a ticker that allows me to check the (real time) current price on a given or all exchanges. Along with 24 hour volume, high/ low price, current ask/ bid and possibly price graphs.
  • to start with, I'd like the option to track the prices on the main Cryptonote Exchanges (Poloniex, Bittrex, Hitbtc, Mintpal, Bter). However as and when these coin are adopted on more Exchanges, I'd like to track the prices/ set alerts for those sites too.

(I'm open to other user stories that people might see as useful features)

THE DEVELOPER

I'm looking for a skilled iPhone app developer to undertake the work. Preferable one with an active interest in crypto-currencies (and Cryptonote coins in particular) and that has created an app before.

I'm looking for the communities help on recommendations.

I'll be looking to pay in either BTC, XMR or BBR.

THE ESCROW

Once a developer is found, price and terms agreed, I'm looking for a trustworthy member of the community to act as escrow.

THE BUSINESS MODEL

Assuming the app isn't too expensive to build and launch, I'll be looking to make this app available for free to end users .

However donations would be welcome and I would encourage users to donate if they find the app useful. Will look to set up an address once the app is made.

I'm hoping to avoid using ads (will only do so if absolutely necessary to cover costs).

THE TIMESCALE

TBD - as soon as is practical. Will really depend on how quickly a developer can be found and what existing open source resources can be leveraged.

THE BRAND

Open to re-naming ideas. I'm hoping to keep it fairly generic, as the aim is to service all Cryptonote coins that are listed on Exchanges.

Working title: Cryptonote Price Alert.

Logo bounty: I'm happy to set aside a modest bounty for a logo etc.

THE SPEC

Not looking to be too prescriptive at this stage. I’m hoping to find a developer that is familiar with the tickers/ price alerts on the market. A developer that has knows how to make such an app but wants to remunerated for his/ her efforts upfront. The app will be focused on APIs to Exchanges that trade Cryptonote coins - that will be it's USP.

THE BUDGET

I’ve only set aside a modest budget for this. I’m looking to make something, practical, no-frills and easy to use. An app that is simple and ‘just works'! I'm looking for a dev that will price this work competitively.

ANDROID/ OTHER PLATFORMS

I'm happy to consider doing this for Android instead/ as well as iPhone. I'm starting with iPhone because that's what I have. It will all depend on cost.

THE CURRENT APP LANDSCAPE

Here are some useful apps already in the market place that you may find already suit your needs:

Cryptonator iPhone app
https://www.cryptonator.com/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cryptonator/id859201083
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aev.cryptonator
Can personally vouch for this app. I have no affiliation with makers however this app is excellent. Only thing missing is price alert functionality. They do enable users of their website to set price notifications on pretty much any market out their, frustratingly this functionalty does not exist on their iPhone app. I've requested they add this.

Monero Status Android Widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652910
A must for Monero enthusiast

Please tell of more useful phone apps you use and I'll review/ add!

MISC

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Really trying to gauge the interest before running too far with the idea at this stage!

kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:05:08 AM

If there an app already floating around, please let me know. If it's good, I'll happily use this thread to plug it. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Greekbitcoin already has a price monitoring app (worked with a friend), so maybe try messaging for information about it?

Thanks Smiley
damashup (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:07:32 AM

Greekbitcoin already has a price monitoring app (worked with a friend), so maybe try messaging for information about it?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll PM him.
damashup (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:36:03 AM

Ok, I think I've found the app you're referring to...

Monero Status Android Widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652910

I'm happy to plug this app as it looks great, however it isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Wanted:
So hunt still on for iPhone App Developer to work on app that provides price alerts for all Cryptonote coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: