Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Parse the blockchain for all addresses with positive balance  (Read 4920 times)
DTMking (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

Sure, that would be awesome. Is this something hosted on one of your servers or something i can host locally? i would really feel bad eating up your server resources running a bunch of complex queries over time.

I have MySQL on our local server but will probably convert it to standard sql using SSMA if it is something we can host locally as all the information we have databased already is housed on the SQL EE server that we have. My web server and sql server have hundreds of gigs of ECC ram and multiple processors so i dont think it will be too taxing resource wise.

I really appreciate your help, if you need some help writing the documentation side of things, although not a developer, i am VERY good at tinkering and figuring things out so as i use it i can help with some documentation and instructions over time. All the software i have now was things i chopped and screwed to make work the way i want over time, i cannot code, but i can read code (Java, PHP, C#, C++) well enough to understand what is going on and how to make it work or how to copy paste a bunch of crap together to get the job done, not much experience with Python yet, but this would be a good learning experience.

I will be releasing the source. It runs locally and connects to a local coin daemon. Db, RPC connections and some misc. parameters are set in a config file.
You should be able to adapt it to use other databases as I used raw SQL queries (through PyMySql) rather then a library like SQLalchemy, but some change in the coding might be involved.

Thanks dreamwatcher,

i will keep my eye out for the source code and get to work on getting it all installed as soon as i get it. Once i get it SQL friendly and working through a few large querys to ensure it works i will send back a branch for standard SQL DB's in the event it proves useful to you in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: