Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the price of btsx ? aka Bitshares X  (Read 6191 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

I find that the current price is just a result of a smaller 'pump' and therefore it won't last out too long.
Once the supply increases to the exchanges it could crash hard.
For the marketcap it is better to have a small daily % growth than to spike like it did. (Look what happened to DRK last time and there are many more examples)

Supply increase from what? all 2B supply has been distributed and in the hands of share holders. Each day thousands of BTSX in transaction fees are destroyed, slightly enriching all shareholders (a form of dividend).

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:16:23 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 01:40:22 PM by kokojie

That's what I read and that made me come to that statement. Is he wrong and therefore I'm being wrong?
Yes I do know what the supply of the coin is. I did not however know about the supply decrease due to that. Thank you for the info.

He was talking about before the release of the client, only bter snapshots were trading, since non-bter snapshots were not available yet pending release of client. This already happened months ago, right now all supply is released and accounted for. Also, the price as only gone up since then.

I don't think the BTSX shareholders will be the "quick to dump" type. We didn't buy and hold AGS/PTS for over 6 months, only to dump "our precious" BTSX as soon as we get them. At least I will be a permanent shareholder of BTSX (and also my AGS/PTS), because it's potentially much more rewarding to be a "hodler" in the ecosystem. I have already received free money from multiple DACs just for holding my AGS/PTS. Most recent being DNS/Vote.

mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:57:18 AM

I am also very surprised! I've Heard until now nothing of bitshares! Was there an ipo?

BTSX has a own bitcointalk thread? Cannot find it

BitShares from beginning has self forum https://bitsharestalk.org all discussion and things happened at this forum.
Usually community members just cross post important info here.
If you want be up to date about BitShares and another important crypto world info, join BitSharesTalk.

I don't unterstand why some Coins like bitshares move there discussions on their own forum! It is too cumbersome for me and certainly for many other's to register for any coin on their own forum! There are far too many
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:56:41 AM

I am also very surprised! I've Heard until now nothing of bitshares! Was there an ipo?

BitShares from beginning has self forum https://bitsharestalk.org all discussion and things happened at this forum.
If you want be up to date about BitShares and another important crypto world info, join BitSharesTalk.

I don't unterstand why some Coins like bitshares move there discussions on their own forum! It is too cumbersome for me and certainly for many other's to register for any coin on their own forum! There are far too many

Bitshares forum has 102004 posts 7116 topics and 6054 registered users, If you are serious about bitshares then https://bitsharestalk.org/ is the place to go.  
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:11:31 PM

Because Bitcointalk is poison.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:08:03 PM

Because Bitshares is big enough to have its own forum. There are exactly 0 crypto have a larger forum/community activity than Bitshares (except maybe LTC, and LTC has a much longer history).

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

Because Bitshares is big enough to have its own forum. There are exactly 0 crypto have a larger forum/community activity than Bitshares (except maybe LTC, and LTC has a much longer history).

NXT perhaps?

Not sure if it's as active or not, but they have a decent sized community with their own forum as far as I can tell.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:55:07 PM

NXT perhaps?

Not sure if it's as active or not, but they have a decent sized community with their own forum as far as I can tell.

NXT has strong and nice community (they also have self forum) but by forums statistics BitShares community bigger.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:20:45 PM

NXT perhaps?

NXT has strong and nice community (they also have self forum) but by forums statistics BitShares community bigger.

Do you think this is due to the large Chinese community that Bitshares has?
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:47:56 PM

Do you think this is due to the large Chinese community that Bitshares has?

I think yes, but even without Chinese community BitShares big enough and comparable to NXT community.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █