Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53784 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:03:06 PM

Cutting stuff ftw! I wonder how it'll do against the tires of a car ...l Tongue

Wicked Lasers's advertisement team has the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzsNGiV1YXU#t=0m35s
Uh that's just video editing... Undecided

No shit, sherlock, it's just a joke Smiley

Also, good news: I've ordered parts for two more blue 1.3W lasers, and a 100mW green one. They should arrive within a week, two weeks max, but you never know with the postal service..

I'm also investigating how to offer a reliable 1.8-2W laser, because of the interest. I'd have to use a different host because it would need better heatsinking, and I'm not sure of the batteries either. Some CR123s can't handle the current draw. I'll get back to you guys.

How about a chassis from a bigger flashlight with two 18650s?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:25:42 PM

Cutting stuff ftw! I wonder how it'll do against the tires of a car ...l Tongue

Wicked Lasers's advertisement team has the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzsNGiV1YXU#t=0m35s
Uh that's just video editing... Undecided

No shit, sherlock, it's just a joke Smiley

Also, good news: I've ordered parts for two more blue 1.3W lasers, and a 100mW green one. They should arrive within a week, two weeks max, but you never know with the postal service..

I'm also investigating how to offer a reliable 1.8-2W laser, because of the interest. I'd have to use a different host because it would need better heatsinking, and I'm not sure of the batteries either. Some CR123s can't handle the current draw. I'll get back to you guys.

Or one of those sexy survival lasers SS host?  Grin
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:52:15 PM

I'd be interested in a green laser that's better than 5mW, but not so powerful that the reflections off of dust particles fuck you up.  

My 5mW green I use for star pointing, but if there's not much dust in the air, people nearby have problems seeing unless they're closer to me.  But what I don't know is what the "limit" would be so that if I accidentally caught the reflection off like a sign or something that it also wouldn't fuck my shit up.

Whatever that value of X is to be as bright as possible w/out fucking my shit up on stupid reflections, that's the green laser I want. Smiley  Now I understand that staring at it would be bad, but like soon as I see it have time to turn away/blink.  What power green would that be?
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:56:19 PM

I'd be interested in a green laser that's better than 5mW, but not so powerful that the reflections off of dust particles fuck you up.  

My 5mW green I use for star pointing, but if there's not much dust in the air, people nearby have problems seeing unless they're closer to me.  But what I don't know is what the "limit" would be so that if I accidentally caught the reflection off like a sign or something that it also wouldn't fuck my shit up.

Whatever that value of X is to be as bright as possible w/out fucking my shit up on stupid reflections, that's the green laser I want. Smiley  Now I understand that staring at it would be bad, but like soon as I see it have time to turn away/blink.  What power green would that be?
I have a fairly cheap 50mW laser that I use for pointing out stars as well as a finder for my telescope, and it works great even if you're not looking right down the barrel. Just make sure you get one with a proper IR filter. Some of the cheap DPSS green lasers are a hazard. Tongue
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 05:12:40 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2012, 09:02:58 PM by Grix

I've heard about 75mW is perfect for star pointing. Very bright beam but not bright enough to reduce your night vision. You shouldn't really worry about reflections unless you are using hundreds of milliwatts or the reflective surface is very close and very reflective (like a mirror), only a direct hit should be any concern.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
JohnBigheart

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 08:25:05 PM

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 08:58:45 AM

I’m in the USA and my mommy government doesn’t want me to be in control of my life (they’re illegal). Can you ship the laser in multiple parts in different packages so customs will pass it through? If yes, how much extra does it cost? I’ve already had one Dragon Laser confiscated by customs during shipping and it kind of sucks losing that much money.

im sure he will ship it to you inside a flashlight or something.. I hope.. or else I cant buy one either..  Grin

poop!
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 10:12:11 AM

I’m in the USA and my mommy government doesn’t want me to be in control of my life (they’re illegal). Can you ship the laser in multiple parts in different packages so customs will pass it through? If yes, how much extra does it cost? I’ve already had one Dragon Laser confiscated by customs during shipping and it kind of sucks losing that much money.

I've got all the info you need on my site under shipping information:

I mark the item as flashlight, and it does look like a flashlight on x-rays (because it is built inside a flashlight shell). You can also buy batteries separately or elsewhere, then the customs don't have a way to test the laser (I don't think customs keep CR123a batteries handy).. I can ship the tailcap separately as well, but that would of course cost a little more in shipment.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 10:17:25 AM

I've got all the info you need on my site under shipping information:

I mark the item as flashlight, and it does look like a flashlight on x-rays (because it is built inside a flashlight shell). You can also buy batteries separately or elsewhere, then the customs don't have a way to test the laser (I don't think customs keep CR123a batteries handy).. I can ship the tailcap separately as well, but that would of course cost a little more in shipment.

word! I will be ordering soon!

poop!
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:22:09 PM

I don't think lasers are illegal, are they? They just can't be sold as laser pointers if they're above a certain wattage (that these ones certainly are), and need to have suitable labeling on them.

At least, that was my understanding of the situation.
Nyaaan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:42:29 PM

Can you sell me lasers that go into space and set things on fire, like Wicked Lasers?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:48:50 PM

I don't think lasers are illegal, are they? They just can't be sold as laser pointers if they're above a certain wattage (that these ones certainly are), and need to have suitable labeling on them.

This power is illegal where I'm from but they may not be illegal in your country.
Really? What state are you from?

And "illegal" as in you need a license, or what?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:51:30 PM

http://www.graffitiresearchlab.com/blog/projects/laser-tag/  these lasers would be great for this.....

Nyaaan

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:53:07 PM

This power is illegal where I'm from but they may not be illegal in your country.

State does not equal country, not even in America
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:54:01 PM

http://www.graffitiresearchlab.com/blog/projects/laser-tag/  these lasers would be great for this.....
How about these: http://www.amazing1.com/lasers.htm
Grin
I love that site, it has all the plans available for purchase, and it's good info. If you are into glassblowing, you could create your own glass-tube carbon dioxide laser that has an invisible beam. It also burns through chunks of wood and thin metal.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:55:31 PM

No shit, but I know that both CornedBeefHash and copumpkin are from the USA. And these lasers are certainly not illegal to own in several states.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 02:57:04 PM

No shit, but I know that both CornedBeefHash and copumpkin are from the USA. And these lasers are certainly not illegal to own in several states.

In Australia apparently they are also illegal :/

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

There's limits related to what can be sold as a laser pointer. There's no limits that I know of in Canada or the US as to what maximum power can be sold as a laser. If you have cash in hand, Dilas or Trumpf will be more than happy to sell you a 10kW laser.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:49:30 PM

I'm talking about the US. Do specific states have more stringent laser laws? "Gotta legislate against those laser-toting muslims trying to impose Sharia law on the rest of us!" Roll Eyes
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:40:36 PM

Yeah the powerful stuff does need a keyswitch as per the FDA. That's probably why it got confiscated.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: