Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLasers.com - Handheld Lasers and accessories (We ship worldwide)  (Read 53782 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 12:30:33 PM

For all the AUS folks I can confirm customs will not return to sender Tongue
I tried to order a laser a few years ago.. they confiscated it and sent a letter telling me it was gone.

Which only proves how awesome lasers are that even customs wants one.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 02:07:54 PM

I tried to order a laser a few years ago.. they confiscated it and sent a letter telling me it was gone.

Yeah, they want to see:
  • Keyswitch interlock
  • Clear labels indicating Class 3b
  • Emission cap for when the device is not in use
At the bare minimum.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Grix (OP)

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 03:15:07 PM

Prices on 635nm (orange-red) and 405nm (violet) lasers have been decreased from $199 to $159 and $165 respectively. I just want them gone since the blue one seems to be much more popular Smiley

get a focusable 100mw or more green laser!

It's already on the way.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
nandika

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 06:32:07 PM

hey i have a 1W S3 Arctic Series handheld blue laser, with battery, protector glass, and the expanded lens kit.

Can you help me sell it?

Order your BitCoin funded VISA Plastic Debit Card at http://visacrypt.com
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 12:23:54 AM

Yeah, they want to see:
  • Keyswitch interlock
  • Clear labels indicating Class 3b
  • Emission cap for when the device is not in use
At the bare minimum.

Ship laser with 5mw diode and driver set to minimum, ship 445 in separate package Wink

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
xanadu

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 03:19:21 PM by xanadu

Alright, I'll bite, I'm a sucker for laser gadgets.

Order placed, discount applied, bitcoins sent.  Will report back if/when the device arrives and if it hits their specs after testing.

-X

Yay, the unit finally arrived.  Well packaged, well put together, this thing is ridiculously bright.

One note, the sale is just for the base unit, you will need a couple of CR123A batteries and a set of appropriate safety glasses on hand.

Good seller, I am satisfied with the transaction!

-X
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 06:07:07 AM

Alright, I'll bite, I'm a sucker for laser gadgets.

Order placed, discount applied, bitcoins sent.  Will report back if/when the device arrives and if it hits their specs after testing.

-X

Yay, the unit finally arrived.  Well packaged, well put together, this thing is ridiculously bright.

One note, the sale if just for the base unit, you will need a couple of CR123A batteries and a set of appropriate safety glasses on hand.

Good seller, I am satisfied with the transaction!

-X

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Smiley

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 02:31:23 PM

I've been thinking of taking another approach here.. Instead of selling prebuilt lasers, I would sell bundles of components and some individual parts. Don't worry, the bundles would be made in such a way that would just have to screw them together, no soldering or any electrical work. So easy a child could do it.

This way:
1. The lasers would be completely legal to import and therefore no risk of customs at all.
2. A little lower prices
3. I could start accepting other payment methods which should increase the amount of customers, but I'm not so sure.. All other payment methods have those nasty fees and I've heard so many horror stories about accounts being shut down..

What do you guys think, is this something you would be intersted in? Do you think this is a good idea?

PS: Even more delays I didn't anticipate with the new blue lasers. It could be a few more weeks.. If the plan above sounds good to you, I would make those lasers that way instead.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

If you could ship them in an almost-assembled state and guarantee they get through USA customs, I'd buy at least one.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:05:54 PM

If you could ship them in an almost-assembled state and guarantee they get through USA customs, I'd buy at least one.
+1
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 03:50:26 PM

That's what I thought, the customs part is the one thing that I feel has been in the way of this business idea. This would eliminate that "threat", as the bundles would be no more illegal than a DVD-burner.

The assembly would be very easy too. It would take max a minute. I will post a little tutorial video on youtube.

The current status, in case someone is interested, is this:
I technically have enough parts to build two 445nm lasers, but the hosts are already used for the 405nm and 635nm lasers. I've got three more hosts incoming, and even more heatsinks. With the closing of one of my main suppliers, I've had to buy a lot of his rest stock bulk, that means I've got huge amounts of some items and almost none of others, such as diodes. When the hosts and heatsinks arrives (should be within a week if we're lucky, I'll have parts for one 445nm laser.. I'm also trying to figure out what to use for drivers. I'm thinking of buying parts for a hundred drivers, which is quite an investment, but at least I'd have more than enough for the future. I could even sell a lot of them separately. When I get another driver, I'll have parts for yet another 445nm laser. That could be some weeks from now. I will then have enough parts except for diodes, which I buy from a quick seller, meaning if they run out of stock, I could buy more and receive them within a week max. So then I'll finally have a stable supply of stock.

I could have been better at planning this situation, but I've learned a lot from running this little store, and I can't wait to finally get a stable supply and do some actual business and hopefully get a return on my investments. Smiley

Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 09:42:05 PM

That's what I thought, the customs part is the one thing that I feel has been in the way of this business idea. This would eliminate that "threat", as the bundles would be no more illegal than a DVD-burner.

The assembly would be very easy too. It would take max a minute. I will post a little tutorial video on youtube.

The current status, in case someone is interested, is this:
I technically have enough parts to build two 445nm lasers, but the hosts are already used for the 405nm and 635nm lasers. I've got three more hosts incoming, and even more heatsinks. With the closing of one of my main suppliers, I've had to buy a lot of his rest stock bulk, that means I've got huge amounts of some items and almost none of others, such as diodes. When the hosts and heatsinks arrives (should be within a week if we're lucky, I'll have parts for one 445nm laser.. I'm also trying to figure out what to use for drivers. I'm thinking of buying parts for a hundred drivers, which is quite an investment, but at least I'd have more than enough for the future. I could even sell a lot of them separately. When I get another driver, I'll have parts for yet another 445nm laser. That could be some weeks from now. I will then have enough parts except for diodes, which I buy from a quick seller, meaning if they run out of stock, I could buy more and receive them within a week max. So then I'll finally have a stable supply of stock.

I could have been better at planning this situation, but I've learned a lot from running this little store, and I can't wait to finally get a stable supply and do some actual business and hopefully get a return on my investments. Smiley

If there is any sort of discount I would be interested. Plus the added bonus of being more confident in the device not being confiscated. I'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on one so whatever you end up doing I'm sure it's best. Get the blue one back in stock!

Argus the revolution in making
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 02:46:24 AM

+1

+2. Passing US customs can be challenging, though.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 09:11:34 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2012, 02:02:51 PM by Grix

+1

+2. Passing US customs can be challenging, though.

Not in the planned not-so-assembled state. I would be very surprised if customs did anything then, as it's not illegal.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 01:57:34 PM

A couple of updates to the store:

New lasers in stock, reduced prices! Amongst others the blue 1300mW laser is now only $169! That's almost HALF the price of Wicked Laser's 1000mW arctic blue! Only one in stock right now, but as said, more will follow very soon.

I no longer sell complete lasers, instead I sell bundles with components that make up a complete laser. Don't worry, these are VERY easy to assemble, and requires no experience or tools, only a couple of minutes of your time. This way, they are legal to import as-is, and you do not have to worry about customs.

For you DIY'ers out there, I plan to start selling some parts soon, as well.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 02:40:21 PM

If I bought the blue kit, could it come with either a longer barrel or a double barrel so I can use two 18650s instead?
Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 03:04:46 PM

If I bought the blue kit, could it come with either a longer barrel or a double barrel so I can use two 18650s instead?

Unfortunately not, but you can buy those for pretty cheap. I think this one should be compatible: www.ebay.com/itm/180871666601

Uncurlhalo

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 04:46:01 PM

No one better buy that blue one! I want! Once I get home I will literally throw my bitcoins at you Grid. Very cool product.

Grix (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

No one better buy that blue one! I want! Once I get home I will literally throw my bitcoins at you Grid. Very cool product.

I hope that was you because it's gone already! Smiley If not, more will be in stock asap.

Uncurlhalo

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:51:13 PM

Yeah I just got home and placed my order! I was so excited when I first saw your thread.  Grin Can't wait to see it!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: