Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird feeling- I keep spending BTC while watching balance converted 2 USD go up!  (Read 2027 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 02:13:17 AM

I use mybitcoin sometimes and it's always weird seeing my USD equivalent for my account go up even though I'm spending the BTC! I understand why, it's just kind of cool to see.
Even for my lottery, if the number of players go down a bit the value in USD will be higher. (21 BTC so far and it's already 77 USD)

I think I like BTC!  Cool

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 02:52:39 AM

One of the weaknesses I see with bitcoin right now is all the speculating on the dollar value. This doesn't help bitcoin as a currency. It needs to be spent on actual goods and services. If everyone is just in it to sell their coins what use is bitcoin besides kind of a ponzi scheme trying to leave people holding coins when the mt gox value corrects. That's why I setup BitBid. The more people using it as real money the more actual value bitcoin will have.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:16:33 AM

One of the weaknesses I see with bitcoin right now is all the speculating on the dollar value. This doesn't help bitcoin as a currency. It needs to be spent on actual goods and services. If everyone is just in it to sell their coins what use is bitcoin besides kind of a ponzi scheme trying to leave people holding coins when the mt gox value corrects. That's why I setup BitBid. The more people using it as real money the more actual value bitcoin will have.

A Ponzi scheme involves fraud. There is no fraud in investing in bitcoin. No one is promising any return. 

Bitcoin needs to be spent on actual goods and services like gold needs to be spent on actual goods and services.
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:36:44 AM

Is Gold simply a ponzi scheme?

You can't do anything with gold besides make electronic components and trade it as a store of value.

At present: you can't do anything with bitcoins besides make an irreversible transaction and trade it as a store of value.

I don't see much difference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: