Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You heard it hear 1st  (Read 14523 times)
ShintoshiBTC

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:41:42 AM

I'm going to make the call right now, and this isn't coming from some troll.  But I believe bitcoin will hit sub $100, possibly sub $50 before anything further interesting develops.  By all means, as a trader, I wish it hits $5000 or $10,000 in the next 3 days.  But I just don't see exponential development in the near future... the long run, who knows though.  

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid". 

Institutions are already in on it.  Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only.  Then there are cultists, which is a super minority, and they believe in a whole bunch of unrealistic possibility.  The problem with mass adoption is that why would someone go through all this trouble to buy bitcoins, only to spend it on a blu-ray player they could have just bought with their visa.

It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  

So by the end of this month, what will happen?
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:05:37 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:30:32 PM by qwerty555

I'm going to make the call right now, and this isn't coming from some troll.  But I believe bitcoin will hit sub $100, possibly sub $50 before anything further interesting develops.  By all means, as a trader, I wish it hits $5000 or $10,000 in the next 3 days.  But I just don't see exponential development in the near future... the long run, who knows though.  

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid".  

Institutions are already in on it.  Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only.  Then there are cultists, which is a super minority, and they believe in a whole bunch of unrealistic possibility.  The problem with mass adoption is that why would someone go through all this trouble to buy bitcoins, only to spend it on a blu-ray player they could have just bought with their visa.

It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  

So by the end of this month, what will happen?

Well unless paypal/amazon/ebay start to accept bitcoin in which case price will jump or another exchange folds (or similar adverse event) like Mt Gox in which case it will dive  ..nothing much will change the range bound price by the end of Sept  450-550....November is a likely time for a price rise when some substantial good news is expected re new adopters/services and sales/transaction volumes. However the truth is most people do not and cannot know where the price is going unless they are large enough to manipulate the market in the direction they want it to go. Barring that, significant increased/decreased demand will drive the price in either direction.

EDIT

Just saw this

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-08/ebay-s-paypal-unit-to-start-accepting-bitcoin-payments.html
2017orso

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:08:57 PM

...who knows though...

Heard this before actually.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:22:45 PM

This was my warning back in December:

"You guys are all FUCKED"

Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:49:50 PM

Here is my prognosis:

The chances of sub $50: only 10% chance

sub $100: 20% chance

70% chance of:

"Final capitulation" .... looks to stand at around $120-$250

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:19:20 PM

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid". 

Wall Street has been wrong for tens of years, what they say is irrelevant in terms of what will happen in the future
dogecoinshop

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 06:31:14 PM

Lol, nah we talk to people daily on the streets and all are intersted,unless already super rich. Cheesy

Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:41:32 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

Would you care to explain how you see that happening instead of just posting some numbers.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:46:33 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?

Bitcoin to 120 dollars is a 70% certainty! Someone tell Paypal! These threads are ridiculous.

Newbie1022

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?

Bitcoin to 120 dollars is a 70% certainty! Someone tell Paypal! These threads are ridiculous.

100% certainty... eventually. Bitcoin is not the future. It may be a stepping stone  to it. It won't be adopted by the masses without major, major changes.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:53:30 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?

100% certainty... eventually. Bitcoin is not the future. It may be a stepping stone  to it. It won't be adopted by the masses without major, major changes.

Why? The general public will be using web wallets and phone apps. These are already several iterations along already. In five years everyone in a country with electricity will have some form of smart device which holds their wallet. Bitcoin just has to survive and it will rise up. (IMO Smiley)
Newbie1022

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:58:17 PM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?

Why? The general public will be using web wallets and phone apps. These are already several iterations along already. In five years everyone in a country with electricity will have some form of smart device which holds their wallet. Bitcoin just has to survive and it will rise up. (IMO Smiley)

If nothing else, public relations. We have shitty exchanges (and it isn't just Gox, it is the flash crashes, the bot malfunctions, the front running, and the improper price placement on stop losses). We have drama. We have zealots. We have prices that sound high to the common man's ear (if you just moved a decimal place then it would be $47 per... and that doesn't sound so bad... that isn't how the common man thinks). We have Wall Street... and that's not a good thing (see everything that has happened in the world since the mid-1980s and the recent clusterf---s on the exchanges). We don't have a quality black market at present (OpenBazaar may fill that void). Retailers are, more or less by law, not allowed to maintain their profits in Bitcoin so adoption actually means sell pressure (if we can survive that then maybe, but that could take years). And other things but I have to go.
wiltontilt

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:13:15 AM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

So zero% chance you are wrong?  Seems like you'd have a lot more credibility if you admitted some fallibility.
Newbie1022

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:16:23 AM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

So zero% chance you are wrong?  Seems like you'd have a lot more credibility if you admitted some fallibility.

He didn't place a date on it. Ergo, there is zero chance that he is wrong. Zilch, Zero, nil.
wiltontilt

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:40:40 AM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

So zero% chance you are wrong?  Seems like you'd have a lot more credibility if you admitted some fallibility.

He didn't place a date on it. Ergo, there is zero chance that he is wrong. Zilch, Zero, nil.

Ah ok, in that case can a mod please change my post to "cool story bro" ? Thanks! Smiley
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4589

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:47:12 AM

Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

Please don't feed the trolls.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:34:03 AM

...Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only....

Consider:
1) Bitcoin has a history of huge % rallies, once things get moving.
2) The time frame for the next massive rally is quickly approaching.
3) Speculators (who are "looking to make a quick buck") will assure that the next rally is stunning and unforgettable.  Smiley

Bobblehead Pete

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:12:27 PM

...Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only....

Consider:
1) Bitcoin has a history of huge % rallies, once things get moving.
2) The time frame for the next massive rally is quickly approaching.
3) Speculators (who are "looking to make a quick buck") will assure that the next rally is stunning and unforgettable.  Smiley

Let us just wait and see. Smiley
gamblethis

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:27:30 AM

You can call all you want as long as you dont rant here when you are one of the boat missers yourself.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
The Only Bitcoin Gambling Site Where You Can Get Actual Profit!

////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: