Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I worry?  (Read 6261 times)
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:24:43 PM

Twice this month I saw bitcoin price index dive by more or less $30. Should I worry?

Only if you cant afford to lose in the short term , Medium to long term hold. can see price volatility for the next two to three years still early beta.

price goes up an down all the time.

But it is dropping more then going up..

In the last 2-3 months, yes, in any other time frame at all, no, not at all. Generally one should look at more than 10% of the history of something before deciding its overall tendencies
hyperdimension

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:05:30 PM

Just tiny asss market noise. Relax and wait.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:14:37 PM

Twice this month I saw bitcoin price index dive by more or less $30. Should I worry?

Only if you cant afford to lose in the short term , Medium to long term hold. can see price volatility for the next two to three years still early beta.

price goes up an down all the time.

But it is dropping more then going up..

In the last 2-3 months, yes, in any other time frame at all, no, not at all. Generally one should look at more than 10% of the history of something before deciding its overall tendencies

Look at the weekly and daily time frame. We are still in a down trend. We have been in a down trend for (going on) 9 months now. That is nothing to sneeze at.

nottoorich

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

I'm much worried about the downtrend, I can't see its endline.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:35:16 PM

I'm much worried about the downtrend, I can't see its endline.
You never can  Grin

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

What the fuck, wake up, downtrend was broken (convincingly) in May. Are you looking at the same charts we all are looking? We never hit April lows since then, been in a 400-700 sidechannel for 4 months. Downtrend is if we hit 300.

i am satoshi
tsoPANos

Activity: 602

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:16:42 PM

I don't thibk you should worry.
Just don't sell for fiat.
Use bitcoins only to buy goods or hold.
Don't trade, holding is better.
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:10:21 PM

What the fuck, wake up, downtrend was broken (convincingly) in May. Are you looking at the same charts we all are looking? We never hit April lows since then, been in a 400-700 sidechannel for 4 months. Downtrend is if we hit 300.

Chill out. Agree to disagree. The downtrend surely cannot be broken until we break though (and hold) 530s. You can't make lower high after lower after lower high and still say the "downtrend was broken (convincingly)."

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:25:35 PM

I am mid-/long-term bullish as well, but no way we're in a bullish phase right now. I wouldn't call this an uptrend anymore. It's more of a sideways trend with a decent dump here and then. If this is an uptrend or bull-market for Bitcoin, I may want to leave Cheesy

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
falllling

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:08:06 AM

Chill out. Agree to disagree. The downtrend surely cannot be broken until we break though (and hold) 530s. You can't make lower high after lower after lower high and still say the "downtrend was broken (convincingly)."

correct, bitcoin is going to nowhere but down, lower and lower!
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:14:13 AM

I am mid-/long-term bullish as well, but no way we're in a bullish phase right now. I wouldn't call this an uptrend anymore. It's more of a sideways trend with a decent dump here and then. If this is an uptrend or bull-market for Bitcoin, I may want to leave Cheesy

Btc is holding up remarkably well at 475-500 price level. There are traders willing to buy up price below that level.

So, betting from this price level has little risk.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:22:10 AM

go for the long run, if you think bitcoins gonna fail, just get out now, and go down the drain with other thing...
Bitcopia

Activity: 715

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:27:31 AM

Sideways is not down. Downtrends have lower highs and lower lows. While we're not making higher highs (except for one rather significant one at the end of May), we are making higher lows. Although, it all depends on your point of reference and how far back you go.

If you're point of reference begins any time in or before April 2014, which would be a good reference for establishing a long term trend, then we have an ultimate low at $340 on 4/9 followed by $420 on 5/3 followed by $442 on 8/16 followed by $470.42 yesterday. This suggests a sideways trend. As piramada said, downtrend continues if we break below $340.

If you're point of reference begins around May 2014 or later, good for establishing short to medium term trends, then yes, we are in a down trend.

Long term charts look healthy. Short term is a harder call, but I won't be surprised if we test $450. Either way, it's a great time to buy. Fundamentals are better than they've ever been.
MaryKris

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:36:43 AM

just hodl; we're almost there.

I think that you are the right person to be asked about this question. How much will bitcoin be worth in the end of the year?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:58:30 AM

I can't agree to what I don't see sorry Smiley We convincingly went to 650 (and held, since we didn't go below 400 since then).

i am satoshi
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:55:59 AM

Nope don't worry friend just be happy and trust in the decision you made when you bought.  Don't let the fud and day to day price get in your head just think about the fundamentals behind your decision and ask yourself what has changed that would make you sell something you believe in.  It's a good thing to question your decision it shows your being open minded and looking at it from all angles.  This is part of vetting an investment and shouldn't worry because you made a conscious calculated decision.
Rakitich

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

You should not, this is mere market noise, relax and go out.
altcoinlady

Activity: 93

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

Keeps dropping every week. In your opinion will btc be worth $600 by the end of the year?

btcpokerface

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

Keeps dropping every week. In your opinion will btc be worth $600 by the end of the year?

$600 will be the bottom, but this is a rather pessimistic prediction.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
altcoinlady

Activity: 93

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:28:57 AM

$600 will be the bottom, but this is a rather pessimistic prediction.

What is your optimistic prediction?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: