Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Miner Control 1.6.1 - Auto profit switching miner controller  (Read 164294 times)
jch9678

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

It seems that Hamsterpool is closing too.

One by one, the pools are going away.  Sad

For MinerControl, there's only Nice/Westhash, LTCRabbit and WePayBTC left.

The mining landscape is not the Klondike goldrush it used to be, and it will soon look like the Sahara Desert!

Just received the notifications from them.  Another one gone.  I haven't been watching too close lately but it doesn't appear any new, big pools are coming online.  NiceHash is going to pretty much own the market going forward from the looks of things.

What about adding https://miningpoolhub.com/

Is it compatible?

BTC: 15GqpmqNNJ1REWrDWTfymh7moos1sEvz7A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StuffOfInterest (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:52:19 PM

API for current pricing per algorithm?

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
jch9678

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:05:42 PM

API for current pricing per algorithm?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.msg10687841#msg10687841

Looks like Bombadil already asked and they made one.

for nvidia
http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics&hardware=nvidia

for amd
http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics&hardware=amd

I guess that works...

Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:49:26 AM

Nope. I told them before that ain't gonna cut it. I just need an API that gives me the profit in BTC/MH/Day per algo in one simple overview. Not a huge list with every single coin in it...
I don't have much time anymore tbh, but I won't add them at all if they can't do this Tongue Maybe if StuffOfInterest has some interest *cough* ^^"
Grout

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:29:05 PM

Any plans on adding the YAAMP clones that are popping up?
Should be pretty easy since they expose the same API.
jch9678

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:33:59 PM

Nope. I told them before that ain't gonna cut it. I just need an API that gives me the profit in BTC/MH/Day per algo in one simple overview. Not a huge list with every single coin in it...
I don't have much time anymore tbh, but I won't add them at all if they can't do this Tongue Maybe if StuffOfInterest has some interest *cough* ^^"

I contacted miningpoolhub support to join us here. Hopefully they will...

miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 07:11:59 PM

I contacted miningpoolhub support to join us here. Hopefully they will...

Oh didn't know that Bombadil wanted that kind of API.
And thank you, jch9678 for contacting.

Made a new API just few minutes ago.
http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getautoswitchingandprofitsstatistics

It shows BTC/GH/Day as "profit" field instead of BTC/MH/Day currently.
I'll add new field if you want BTC/MH/Day.

Please add miningpoolhub to Miner Control.
Thanks.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:11:07 AM

KBomba or StuffOfInterest:  Will/Could anyone of you update MinerControl so that it could be used with the different yaamp clones?  That would be awesome!  Smiley

I know it might be a big job to do, especially with families and a day job, etc.
ca1ne

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:27:18 PM

KBomba or StuffOfInterest:  Will/Could anyone of you update MinerControl so that it could be used with the different yaamp clones?  That would be awesome!  Smiley

I know it might be a big job to do, especially with families and a day job, etc.

The way the code is setup,  each clone would have to be entered.   I got ffpool up and running on my own compiled version.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:31:07 PM

If you are capable of compiling Miner Control yourself, it isn't really too difficult to add your choice of YAAMP clone (with the exception of YIIMP, due to no auto-conversion). I've modified KBomba's fork and have FFPool, Hashpower, and (very) basic YIIMP support.
Grout

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:01:14 AM

If you are capable of compiling Miner Control yourself, it isn't really too difficult to add your choice of YAAMP clone (with the exception of YIIMP, due to no auto-conversion). I've modified KBomba's fork and have FFPool, Hashpower, and (very) basic YIIMP support.
Would you mind sharing your version? Maybe even make a pull request for StuffOfInterest or KBomba?
Grout

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:08:57 AM

It seems that Hamsterpool is closing too.

One by one, the pools are going away.  Sad

Can't say I'll miss them. I spent some time writing them feedback about why their pool didn't achieve its goal and advice to improve it, their response was to delete my comment...

On a happier note, YAAMP's death has sprouted 3 clones for now (maybe more are coming?). This could be very good news: several multipools, all with public APIs, competing against each other with low fees and new coins. Interesting times :-)
ca1ne

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:23:38 PM

What did you do for yiimp,  I was debating just adding 1 algorithm to watch for on it,  like setting up 1 service per also.

Added hashpower to mine as well,  next goal is mining pool hub.
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:01:26 PM

Would you mind sharing your version? Maybe even make a pull request for StuffOfInterest or KBomba?

Here is a build of KBomba's latest 1.6.4 fork that I added support for Hashpower and FFPool to. As stated, there is also VERY basic support for YIIMP*. I have also included a sample config file (MinerControl.sample.conf). Recommended that you read over my sample and make adjustments to your own config as necessary. Also, there are no miners included in this zip, JUST the MinerControl exe and sample conf. You can drop both files into your existing MinerControl folder after renaming your original exe.

I'll see if I can get a pull request over to KBomba's fork on github later today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jskannpp9d9uxqn/MinerControl.zip?dl=0

*Due to the modifications to YIIMP, and the way MinerControl is coded, this "Pool" would require extensive re-coding to fully implement. As YIIMP is designed to be a test bed, I'm not sure it would be worth the time to fully code support for MinerControl.

I haven't made any changes to the donation addresses or settings in my build, but if you would like to donate anything I'll gladly accept any donations at the following BTC address: 1C5X7k7gt9KteVaWrfp1nN8MguivTK2S1X
jch9678

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:43:54 PM

Here is a build of KBomba's latest 1.6.4 fork that I added support for Hashpower and FFPool to. As stated, there is also VERY basic support for YIIMP*. I have also included a sample config file (MinerControl.sample.conf). Recommended that you read over my sample and make adjustments to your own config as necessary. Also, there are no miners included in this zip, JUST the MinerControl exe and sample conf. You can drop both files into your existing MinerControl folder after renaming your original exe.

I'll see if I can get a pull request over to KBomba's fork on github later today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jskannpp9d9uxqn/MinerControl.zip?dl=0

*Due to the modifications to YIIMP, and the way MinerControl is coded, this "Pool" would require extensive re-coding to fully implement. As YIIMP is designed to be a test bed, I'm not sure it would be worth the time to fully code support for MinerControl.

I haven't made any changes to the donation addresses or settings in my build, but if you would like to donate anything I'll gladly accept any donations at the following BTC address: 1C5X7k7gt9KteVaWrfp1nN8MguivTK2S1X

Thank you Fuzzbawls, and as always KBomba and StuffOfInterest

TransAtlantic

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:14:06 PM

Thank you Fuzzbawls, and as always KBomba and StuffOfInterest

+1
jkminkov

Activity: 698

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:05:57 AM

pricemode = 2 give some values that are hundreds times more than those with pricemode = 1 or 0

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:40:05 PM

pricemode = 2 give some values that are hundreds times more than those with pricemode = 1 or 0

Working on it, thanks Smiley

Fuzzbawls

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:40:48 PM

It looks like ffpool and hashpower have changed their price reporting for Actual_last24h in the API from the original YAAMP code. This change ONLY affects pricemode = 2 and while I have a fix that I am testing, I recommend not using that pricemode until I can verify with the pools that the change is intended and not just a temporary bug.

pricemode = 0 or pricemode = 1 are not affected and will still report correct values.
Fuzzbawls

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:32:03 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 10:48:53 PM by Fuzzbawls

*** Miner Control 1.6.5 (Mod) ***

KBomba and myself have been working on bringing Miner Control up to speed with all the recent changes like YAAMP shutting down and NiceHash changing their stratum urls. We've reached the point where we are ready to offer up an official updated package for everyone.

Changelog:
  • Updated NiceHash detectstratum, now correctly injects the full URL. No need for URLs or ports when detectstratum=true.
  • Removed WestHash completely, as the NiceHash entry will detect (even with detectstratum=false) if you're using Westhash and grab the balance info from WH.
  • Removed YAAMP, but made it easy to add YAAMPclones
  • Removed Hamsterpool.
  • Added visual representation of the history. Doubleclick on the chart to get all history, but it might take some time to load after several days of mining non-stop.
  • Bumped the required version of MS .NET to Microsoft .NET 4.5. Windows XP no longer supported in this version.

NiceHash Detectstratum:
With this version, detectstratum=true is the default and preferred method of mining on NiceHash. This method will check all the various geo-location stratum servers that NiceHash offers (eu, usa, hk, jp) and return the fastest connection for you1. This check is done on initial startup, and periodically to ensure you're still on the right server. Using the provided example config, the ONLY thing you'd need to change for this section is the account to reflect your BTC payout address.

WestHash Removed:
With the above change, the inclusion of a dedicated WestHash section in the .conf is no longer necessary. The default method will still allow you to mine on what is considered to be "WestHash" (aka, usa/hk/jp stratum servers), but for all intents and purposes, WestHash is now the same as NiceHash2.

YAAMP Clones:
As many are aware, YAAMP officially shut down, but has offered up it's source code for anyone to setup a YAAMPClone pool. Instead of hard coding each clone as it pops up, Miner Control now allows dynamic addition of any YAAMPClone (provided the clone uses the EXACT same API as YAAMP). The included sample .conf file illustrates how to setup both FFPool.net and Hashpower.co as YAAMPClones. Adding a new YAAMPClone is as easy as following the example in the .conf (or use the new url parameter described in the readme).

History Charts:
A new tab has been added to the UI that shows the top pools/algos price history over time. You can double click the chart to get an even larger chart that includes EVERY pool/algo combo you have defined, but do note that this is quite resource intensive and may take some time to show if Miner Control has been running for over 24 hours.

Microsoft .NET 4.5:
While maintaining backwards compatibility is important, some of the changes we implemented were just not possible with the VERY old MS .NET Framework 4.0. As such, we decided to drop support for Windows XP systems and move to MS .NET Framework 4.5. If your system doesn't yet have .NET 4.5, you can download it HERE.

Known Issues:
Hashpower.co currently has a divergence from original YAAMP API code that is causing it to report a MUCH higher price for Actual_last24h. Still waiting for conformation from Hashpower.co about fixing their API. Until the issue is resolved, balancemode = 2 won't work properly. balancemode = 0 or 1 still works without issue.

NiceHash detectstratum does not yet have real-time failover between eu/usa/hk/jp stratum servers. If the server you are using goes down, Miner Control will report the algo/pool as "Dead" until the next round of detectstratum checks. Occurrence of this should be rare and short lived. Fix is planned for the next release.

1. Detectstratum results will add 150ms to hk servers and 100ms to jp servers due to proxy connections in use by NiceHash.
2. NiceHash merged prices between NH/WH and have unified their stratum urls, however balances are still separate. We have contacted NiceHash about this and it is on their roadmap now. Fixed! NH/WH now have merged balances and payouts!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: