Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] PPP - PPoweredPortfolio - High Yielding Dividend Fund  (Read 1224 times)
PPoweredP (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 12:25:10 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2012, 04:48:25 AM by PPoweredP

This is the official PPP discussion thread.

IPO Date: 9/30/12
IPO Price: 1BTC per share
Shares Listed: 500

Sales are being offered prior to the IPO date at a discounted price of 0.9BTC. A total of 100 shares will be available at this price.

Quote from: Contract
The PPoweredPortfolio is a school project designed to show the benefits of anonymous crowd funding. I hope to prove that the removal of regulations allows investors to easily beat the returns of the S&P 500.

The PPoweredPortfolio will be focused on investing in stocks that have a high dividend payout on the GLBSE.

Approximately ~50% of the dividends earned by the fund's holdings will be paid to shareholders and the other ~50% will go towards growing the portfolio.

The fund will maintain as much exposure to GLBSE stocks as possible but may also liquidate positions to realize profits.

Up to ~10% of the portfolio may be invested outside of the GLBSE on investment projects presented by classmates.

All holdings must be displayed on the Bitcointalk.org forum thread and updated a minimum of every quarter.

Any concerns brought forth by multiple shareholders on the Bitcointalk.org PPP thread must be reasonably addressed by the operator within a period no greater than 90 days. If a concern is repeatedly ignored by the operator then a motion may be presented to replace said operator.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 02:17:24 AM

What are you going to invest 10 000 bitcoins into ?

Are you going to verify your identity on glbse ?

PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:02:25 AM

Perhaps 10000 was a bit high. I looked at other offerings and saw most people offering quite a bit more than 10000 so I was being conservative. In hindsight that is probably far more then will ever be sold. I probably should have only created 1000 but you never know how big the GLBSE will get or what the value of BTC-USD will do in the future. Maybe those extra shares will come in handy down the line.

I have verified my school and teacher to my lenders that helped me raise funds for this listing. Part of the project is operating an anonymous fund. That is how I plan to tie this project in to Bitcoin and also explain the benefits of saving money through deregulation. It is a crucial part of me getting this project accepted by my teacher.
PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:33:01 AM

So your pitch is you basically want us to partake in your grade school science project by financing you to become a fund manager, and to do so anonymously.

It is a college econ class. Nefario has denied my IPO and is making wild accusations about me as well as holding my 8BTC listing fee so it is not looking good so far.
PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:41:47 AM

Wow, I personally expected more to come out of someone in college.
The forum and glbse is pretty informal, but if this is a college level project, where is a college level prospectus?

The prospectus is not due until the project must be presented in class on October 1st. This listing was not going to go live until September 30th. I am glad I did not put more time into this now as it seems all my efforts in securing funds up to this point have been a total waste. I am beyond irritated with the way this has gone. Shame on Nefario for his actions.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:45:25 AM

The forum and glbse is pretty informal, but if this is a college level project, where is a college level prospectus?

The prospectus is not due until the project must be presented in class on October 1st. This listing was not going to go live until September 30th. I am glad I did not put more time into this now as it seems all my efforts in securing funds up to this point have been a total waste. I am beyond irritated with the way this has gone. Shame on Nefario for his actions.

You were asking for ~US$120,000.  Most people put a lot more effort in for that kind of cash.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:50:49 AM

You were asking for ~US$120,000.  Most people put a lot more effort in for that kind of cash.

A lot more was to come. The IPO had not even been approved yet. In fact I was only asking for 90BTC at the current time.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:04:14 AM

Perhaps 10000 was a bit high. I looked at other offerings and saw most people offering quite a bit more than 10000 so I was being conservative. In hindsight that is probably far more then will ever be sold. I probably should have only created 1000 but you never know how big the GLBSE will get or what the value of BTC-USD will do in the future. Maybe those extra shares will come in handy down the line.

I have verified my school and teacher to my lenders that helped me raise funds for this listing. Part of the project is operating an anonymous fund. That is how I plan to tie this project in to Bitcoin and also explain the benefits of saving money through deregulation. It is a crucial part of me getting this project accepted by my teacher.

Then tell your teacher about GLBSE v1.0 which was totally anonymous and had no verification. It was a total clusterfuck of scamming.

Your report should be that operating an anonymous securities market means many investors will end up losing all their coins. Even with verification it still happens but its less so.

PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:10:06 AM

You are right. Verifying makes everything safe. Trendon Shavers.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:31:39 AM

You are right. Verifying makes everything safe. Trendon Shavers.

Trendon never verified on glbse and I suggest theres a reason for it. My point is when glbse had no verification at all the scamming rate was enough to almost shut the site down. Its just not worth the aggravation of doing so.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:35:01 AM

A lot more was to come. The IPO had not even been approved yet. In fact I was only asking for 90BTC at the current time.

Do you have any clue about the  bitcoin market youre going to be investing in ?  Nefario is right and you should have started small to prove you can make a decent return before trying to raise so many bitcoins off the bat.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:41:23 AM

Oh not another lend me $123000 to help with my annonymous school project thread!!! Grin
PPoweredP (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:47:16 AM

Do you have any clue about the  bitcoin market youre going to be investing in ?  Nefario is right and you should have started small to prove you can make a decent return before trying to raise so many bitcoins off the bat.

I did not intend to raise 10000BTC right off the bat. It is not like I could have withdrawn all of that and disappeared anyway. I told him I would lower the offering to 500 shares. He still denied me. Nobody was going to give me 10000BTC. That is common sense. I do not believe that reasoning for denial of my IPO. More likely he is not approving any more listings until his new fees go into effect. A shame because I thought he was an honorable person before this.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:59:27 AM

I hope you have the academic integrity to include your aggressive reaction to market forces in your analysis of the project.

Perhaps something along the lines of "when presented with an opportunity to invest in a completely anonymous fund naysayers quickly questioned this unknown person's need to not abide the most basic, and time tested rules of the market. However clever insults, and an indefensible standing proclaiming the need to keep it all anonymous to keep it a school project certainly showed those negative nabobs! The creator of the market did the inexcusable in requiring me actually post a bond, just like every other asset on the market, and refused to return it upon demand, so I was unable to complete the assignment."

And "I completely forgot that floating a managed fund might require certain bona fides, which I was forceful in my refusal to provide. Who were these people to expect me to play by their rules? And this silliness about a prospectus? Who the hell do they think they are? I told them that it would be a High Yielding Dividend Fund, why would they want to know anything about my credentials, ability to make that claim or how I proposed going about it? Couldn't they just wait until spring break like everything else?"

Nefario didn't charge you enough. Tell your teacher you got kicked in the balls by reality, so you are going to revamp and open a lemonade stand to study market forces.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:01:59 AM

I did not intend to raise 10000BTC right off the bat. It is not like I could have withdrawn all of that and disappeared anyway. I told him I would lower the offering to 500 shares. He still denied me. Nobody was going to give me 10000BTC. That is common sense. I do not believe that reasoning for denial of my IPO. More likely he is not approving any more listings until his new fees go into effect. A shame because I thought he was an honorable person before this.

You're still young mate, I wish you the best of luck. Why don't you just try and boost your credit rating get a few loans and credit cards and run off with some money that way?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:16:46 AM

GLBSE is maybe not the best venue for such a project.

I think in principle such a project ought to be feasible given the right platform.

For example maybe you could get a "margin account" type of thing as I have described in other posts, an account which allows you to buy assets that are on the account provider's list of assets approved for use as collateral and to borrow up to lets guess about 50% of the assessed value of that collateral for the purposes of buying more such collateral.

You could prove your fund-management skills by picking and choosing from among the approved assets which to buy and how many thereof.

At the end of the semester or school year you could publish a summary showing how skillfully you grew the account, and at the start of the next semester or school year hark back to that in proposing taking on investor funds being as how you handled your own funds so well during the first run.

The account could be set up to allow withdrawal only by closing it down with all proceeds being divided among shareholders. The first run, you would presumably be the sole shareholder, or possibly you, your teacher, and your parents, basically the folk who helped you get initially set up.

The second semester/year/run, if you did well with it, it could be opened up to more shareholders in an IPO...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: