Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 172 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot)  (Read 499973 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:58:47 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2015, 05:42:45 AM by chrysophylax

You should go for the gtx 750 with 1gig of memory. Pick it up for less that $100 on ebay. overclock the core to 1,5 Ghz and get 6,2MHASH@quark with a tdp of 38Watt.. Some time ago quark was paying 0.1BTC per GHASH, but the market has crashed. Most altcoins are not profitable anymore.  

$0.33 a day ROI in 300 days with free power.. But you can also mine lyra2v2@4MHASH

Okay, I'm still learning. So would it be true to say that a Maxwell 750 will outperform a Keplar 780? Or are there optimized forks for each still giving the 780 an edge? And in terms of computing power, it the 750ti worth the few extra dollars?

Don't discard an old card if it's bought and paid for, use it. But if you're buying new, definitely go maxwell.

A 780ti will hash double a 750ti on most algos with either fork. The downside with the 780ti is power consumption,
about 4 times a 750ti. The 780 vs 750 comparison is probably similar. I can't speak for sm 3.0.

The obsession with 750/750ti is they appear to be the most power efficient cards available which is important for farms
where electricity is a major expense.

i can back that 'appearance' ...

all the cards in thefarm are now gigabyte 750ti oc lp ... and we have never had a bill so low ( as opposed to the gigabyte 7970 oc / 280x oc cards ) ...

in comparison to the other nvidia cards - i cant help ... we just researched that the 750ti was the most valuable asset that a farm can buy ... and the electricity bills are the proof ... especially due to australia being one of the most expensive in the world with electricity charges ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blzflkn

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:06:12 PM

Using the x86 latest release, I'm getting a * is not a valid win32 application error. I'm using WinXP 32bit with a 2.1 card on a spare computer and upgrading that one is not an option, nor is relocating it to a better machine. I really want it to work and I'm having trouble finding any good algorithms that cooperate on older/different versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
notabeliever

Activity: 721
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:25:22 PM

You should go for the gtx 750 with 1gig of memory. Pick it up for less that $100 on ebay. overclock the core to 1,5 Ghz and get 6,2MHASH@quark with a tdp of 38Watt.. Some time ago quark was paying 0.1BTC per GHASH, but the market has crashed. Most altcoins are not profitable anymore.  

$0.33 a day ROI in 300 days with free power.. But you can also mine lyra2v2@4MHASH

Okay, I'm still learning. So would it be true to say that a Maxwell 750 will outperform a Keplar 780? Or are there optimized forks for each still giving the 780 an edge? And in terms of computing power, it the 750ti worth the few extra dollars?

Don't discard an old card if it's bought and paid for, use it. But if you're buying new, definitely go maxwell.

A 780ti will hash double a 750ti on most algos with either fork. The downside with the 780ti is power consumption,
about 4 times a 750ti. The 780 vs 750 comparison is probably similar. I can't speak for sm 3.0.

The obsession with 750/750ti is they appear to be the most power efficient cards available which is important for farms

all the cards in thefarm are now gigabyte 750ti oc lp ... and we have never had a bill so low ( as opposed to the gigabyte 7970 oc / 280x oc cards ) ...

in comparison to the other nvidia cards - i cant help ... we just researched that the 750ti was the most valuable asset that a farm can buy ... and the electricity bills are the proof ... especially due to australia being one of the most expensive in the world with electricity charges ...

#crysx
Yes you are right about efficiency
Not sure if its proprietary info

but need to ask what your setting is for scrypt and ?
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:28:44 PM

Using the x86 latest release, I'm getting a * is not a valid win32 application error. I'm using WinXP 32bit with a 2.1 card on a spare computer and upgrading that one is not an option, nor is relocating it to a better machine. I really want it to work and I'm having trouble finding any good algorithms that cooperate on older/different versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That error indicates a problem with the ccminer.exe executable, probably not compatible with WinXP32. Since
you've eliminated most options the only one left is to try building ccminer from source on your XP machine.
Even if it's possible (I doubt that it is) it's not worth the effort.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 12:21:15 AM

#crysx
Yes you are right about efficiency
Not sure if its proprietary info

but need to ask what your setting is for scrypt and ?

scrypt is not an algo that gets mined on thefarm ...

none of this stuff in proprietary info Tongue ... i have just never setup a test machine to document it all ... power bills are my indication - and when you have a farm of machines - the difference is huge ...

but if you can provide the parameters required to mine using scrypt ( optimized parameters for 750ti oc cards ) - i would be happy to test with a machine that has one of the cards installed and do some variables testing ( algos ) and record power consumption using a wall meter ... using epsylon3 ccminer 1.7 of course - and his donation mining link as a test link so that everyone can see the progress ( from here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ... and his link address here - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo&a=0&l=0 ) ...

#crysx

blzflkn

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:06:47 AM

Can't get win32 to do it.. No luck on linux.. Bios on my other computer won't let me use the card.. Most algos rarely give accepted shares if at all with other miners..

I guess my 610 is going to sit out cold.  Sad
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:46:45 AM

Can't get win32 to do it.. No luck on linux.. Bios on my other computer won't let me use the card.. Most algos rarely give accepted shares if at all with other miners..

I guess my 610 is going to sit out cold.  Sad

610 is not a cuda gpu.

blzflkn

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:01:36 AM

Geforce GT 610, Fermi, compute 2.1, 48 cuda cores.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:13:44 AM

Geforce GT 610, Fermi, compute 2.1, 48 cuda cores.

My mistake, missed it when I checked the list. You wouldn't get much out of it anyway, a 4 core
cpu could probably do better.

blzflkn

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:04:17 AM

But I don't have a 4 core CPU...  Sad

What I do have is a gt610 in a winxp32* machine that stays running 24/7/365. (*I've also recently made the switch to live usb ubuntu to do away with the hard drives, but willing to revert if needed.) I've been desperately trying to find a miner that I can run (Lyra2rev2 especially) but apparently being a 32 bit system is making that an impossible task.

Low hash rates and negative $ profit are of no concern as long as there are valid shares being delivered to something. CCminer is just so close to perfect for this but yet still out of reach.

If this is a total pipe dream and beyond the scope of ccminer, I'm sorry to have wasted time in this topic. Alternatively, if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction of a miner that would work, please do; I would appreciate it tremendously.
notabeliever

Activity: 721
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:04:15 PM

But I don't have a 4 core CPU...  Sad

What I do have is a gt610 in a winxp32* machine that stays running 24/7/365. (*I've also recently made the switch to live usb ubuntu to do away with the hard drives, but willing to revert if needed.) I've been desperately trying to find a miner that I can run (Lyra2rev2 especially) but apparently being a 32 bit system is making that an impossible task.

Low hash rates and negative $ profit are of no concern as long as there are valid shares being delivered to something. CCminer is just so close to perfect for this but yet still out of reach.

If this is a total pipe dream and beyond the scope of ccminer, I'm sorry to have wasted time in this topic. Alternatively, if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction of a miner that would work, please do; I would appreciate it tremendously.
blzflkn you might want to look at this

http://cryptomining-blog.com/2668-what-version-of-ccminer-to-use-for-your-nvidia-geforce-gpu/
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:36:10 AM

Your main problem is that you want to mine a new algo on old HW.  An older version of ccminer would probably
work but you would be more limited in your choice of algos. 32 bit PCs aren't the problem, I've got one mining
with Win7-32 and all precompiled versions are 32 bit anyway, I think the problem is XP. Compiling on Win7 and above
may no longer work on XP. Your best bet is to compile on XP, I don't know if you've tried that yet.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 02:28:34 AM

Your main problem is that you want to mine a new algo on old HW.  An older version of ccminer would probably
work but you would be more limited in your choice of algos. 32 bit PCs aren't the problem, I've got one mining
with Win7-32 and all precompiled versions are 32 bit anyway, I think the problem is XP. Compiling on Win7 and above
may no longer work on XP. Your best bet is to compile on XP, I don't know if you've tried that yet.

agreed ...

though compiling on old os systems like xp havetheir own issues ...

which reminds me ... joblo - i am building a windows 10 x64 system and the only thing missing now is the compilation system for the granite windows wallets ...

i remember you had a small 'howto' set up somewhere for such installs in windows ...

do you have the link please mate? ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:15:55 AM

which reminds me ... joblo - i am building a windows 10 x64 system and the only thing missing now is the compilation system for the granite windows wallets ...

i remember you had a small 'howto' set up somewhere for such installs in windows ...

#crysx

I've never compiled a wallet on Windows, or anything else except ccminer. I managed to get it done but that doesn't
make me an expert. If you have a source package with all the Windows project files it should just be a matter of
installing VS Community and building the solution. The only thing of note in my cryptic howto was modifying the compute
version in the cuda options. In your case it should be bread and butter Windows compilation.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:22:29 AM

#crysx

I've never compiled a wallet on Windows, or anything else except ccminer. I managed to get it done but that doesn't
make me an expert. If you have a source package with all the Windows project files it should just be a matter of
installing VS Community and building the solution. The only thing of note in my cryptic howto was modifying the compute
version in the cuda options. In your case it should be bread and butter Windows compilation.

yup - i agree ...

it should be quite basic ... although i also need an osx wallet version - but refuse to buy a mac ... my own reasons for that Wink ...

do you have a link to the 'cryptic' howto - and i willlet you know how it all goes for windows 10 x64 ...

the os is installed now and all updated ... now to get the build environment running on it ...

tanx in advance mate ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:44:13 AM

#crysx

yup - i agree ...

it should be quite basic ... although i also need an osx wallet version - but refuse to buy a mac ... my own reasons for that Wink ...

do you have a link to the 'cryptic' howto - and i willlet you know how it all goes for windows 10 x64 ...

the os is installed now and all updated ... now to get the build environment running on it ...

tanx in advance mate ...

#crysx

For all the good it will do...

download vs_community, cudatools
install vs-community
install cuda
download and unpack ccminer
open ccminer.sln
verify release, 32
change config to customize compute version
project->properties->configuration properties->cuda c/c++->device
select code generation, edit
build solution
find ccminer.exe in release dir

One annoyance is VS Community only works for 30 days then won't start unless I upgrade. I've installed it
on a VM and use a snapshot to go back and reinstall VSC fresh whenever necessary. I don't know about
running OSX in a VM but it's worth looking into if you can avoid buying Apple HW.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:22:43 AM

#crysx

yup - i agree ...

tanx in advance mate ...

#crysx

For all the good it will do...

download vs_community, cudatools
install vs-community
install cuda
download and unpack ccminer
open ccminer.sln
verify release, 32
change config to customize compute version
project->properties->configuration properties->cuda c/c++->device
select code generation, edit
build solution
find ccminer.exe in release dir

One annoyance is VS Community only works for 30 days then won't start unless I upgrade. I've installed it
on a VM and use a snapshot to go back and reinstall VSC fresh whenever necessary. I don't know about
running OSX in a VM but it's worth looking into if you can avoid buying Apple HW.

tanx mate ...

ill try ... i will be compiling ccminer-trpuvot this week also and do some tests ...

i think we need to look more in depth at what this miner can offer for the larger miner and farms ...

#crysx

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:29:25 PM

i think we need to look more in depth at what this miner can offer for the larger miner and farms ...

My guess is remote management would be the most valuable feature for farmers.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 12:18:06 AM

yup ... spot on ...

and the apps that can be built into the miner itself ...

i have an idea about that - but dunno if the devs would even look at it - let alone develop anything towards it ...

thats why ive been keeping it low - and looking for a dev to build the software inhouse ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 01:12:38 AM

yup ... spot on ...

and the apps that can be built into the miner itself ...

i have an idea about that - but dunno if the devs would even look at it - let alone develop anything towards it ...

thats why ive been keeping it low - and looking for a dev to build the software inhouse ...

#crysx

IMO, the miner should simply be a daemon responding to commands from a frontend, which is what I was working toward.

well - i was thinking along the same lines ... but more on a server / client level ...

statistic can be collected and displayed in a central in house daemon on the server ( like an sql or mariadb ) database ...

which can eventually be setup to be drive commands to the clients via the server interface ...

i used to build grid systems - and the calls were all made by a frontend ( master ) that controlled the workings of the worker ( slave ) ... from installation to roll out ...

would be nice to have such a system with mining ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 172 »
  Print  

Jump to: