Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:27:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder][RTM] Rastamine - 22+ Th/s perpetual mining bond  (Read 13495 times)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:12:51 PM

Mining bonds don't even have to be backed by mining at all, they are just dependent on difficulty.

Yes, it is good for the issuer (if he actually does mine) to have cheap electricity, but this doesn't influence the payout of the bond at all.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:23:03 PM

So I calculated approx. .07 BTC per share in the next 91 days. Assuming the decline is steady at a rate of decline of 26% per quarter, this means the next quarter would be .0518, the next .038, and the next .029. That means your one year return on your money is a total of .1888 BTC. So if you buy at .2 BTC, you will be making 94% on your money, if you buy at .3 you will make 62%, if you buy at .4 (like I did) you will make 47%.

Considering the uncertainty involved this is a fair return. Somebody just bought 67 shares at .2, so this is probably a really good deal if the share price stabilizes. Of course, if difficulty increases exponentially and mining yields decrease at an accelerating rate, then the calculation above will not be valid and the return will be less.

Ultimately whether this is a good investment or not all depends on confidence of investors, because we determine the share price. As far as mining bonds go, I figure this must be one of the best due to electricity in Ukraine being the cheapest in the world. I don't see how someone living in the US or Germany, paying 6+ cents per Kwh and paying higher cost of living for food and rent can compete with 3-4 cents per Kwh and cheaper labor, food, and rent. Since the dividends are currently backed by ASICMiner, at any price below .4, it's like buying discounted Asicminer passthrough shares.

It would be very helpful if rastapool could tell us if this rate of decline in dividends is expected to be steady or if it will accelerate.
some one just sold 68 shares at 0.2...seems he/she is panic about holding on PMB...
jim667

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:07:44 PM

Could have something to do with a new mining bond just IPOed on the exchange.
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:10:42 AM

Hey Rastapool any plans to increase hash power on these bonds as once 100thmine on picostocks starts mining at 200Mh/s per share for ~.28 btc RTM will loose its value quick.
rastapool (OP)

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:40:08 PM

Hey Ashitank, today I have no plans to increase hash power of each bond.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Napster is down - this is the END of illegal file sharing!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:59:48 AM

Hey rastapool...just picked up a share of your RTM and JAH each. Could you give me some idea as to what current estimated hashrate/share payouts we might be expecting? And when do you think next RTM dividends might be getting paid out?

*I'm sorta new to this whole bitfunder situation deal so go easy mon Tongue

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
rastapool (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:51:46 PM

Hey all
A few month passed since my last activity here. Today I have 22+ Th/s of mining power to sell.
Hardware that I use is based on the Bitfury's chips and already installed and launched.
You can chack it on the ghash.io pool.
Username is 'rastapool', same as here, password is the same as username.

Also, from today I'll increase my bond by 4x, up to 100.8 Mh/s. All other conditions remains the same.
Considering 100th prices are 0.082/0.125, I think 0.037 per RTM-bond is pretty fair.
You can purchase this bonds at https://bitfunder.com/asset/RTM

rastapool (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:50:05 PM

Hi again.
I discovered that 0.037 per 100.8 Gh/s is a bit too high price. And there are pretty low interest at that price.
So, I set the price down to 0.032.
There was 0.00204384 divs per bond since I offered new bonds. And I decided to return (0.037-0.032-0.00204384) = 0.003 BTC per share for all who bought for 0.037. You can see my last divs was 0.003/share and from that price is 0.032/bond.
And one more thing: nice picture for this thread

fewerlaws

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

Hi rastapool,

I was the largest sharehold of RTM up until your 20x share dilution.  I own 649 shares, which was 13% of the compnay (assuming 5000 total issued RTM shares before October 1, 2013).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

While I am happy about the 4x increase in dividends/share, I am very unhappy about my stake in the company being diluted so much.  While I realize you have the right on BitFunder to increase shares without vote, is there some way you can announce your intentions before you actually carry them out?

Thank you for the pic.  This mine is certainly an improvement over your JAH mine that you photographed over a year ago and that was comprised of several GPUs.  Where is this new 22TH mine located?

Thanks,
fewerlaws
PinkBatman

Activity: 267

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:55:59 PM

What's the plan for the bitfunder changes?
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:06:13 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 01:04:36 AM by HowlingMad

Rastapool,
have not seen any dividends on RTM at Bitfunder since the 11th of October?   Huh Could you tell us what is happening?
Thank you.
I reread the prospectus which stated "dividends to be paid weekly or sooner".  Sorry about that.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:21:35 AM

What's the plan for the bitfunder changes?
I agree.  Any plans to do any passthru funds?  I am a US citizen and am not very happy with Bitfunder right now.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
rastapool (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:05:29 AM

All bonds are buyed back, securities are closed on the BF.

deizel

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:27:01 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 04:50:01 PM by deizel

The buy back was performed (in the form of a dividend) before the asset was frozen.

Unfortunately, I had BitFunder's dividend reinvestment feature enabled on this asset.

As such, BitFunder performed 4 trades on my behalf before the asset was frozen.

This has left me in a position where I now hold 314 shares in a frozen asset, and a small amount of change from the buy back.

Some lucky sellers have effectively had their shares bought back twice (once by the asset issuer and once by me).

So, a few questions:

- Should the asset issuer have frozen the asset before issuing the dividend?
- Can the asset issuer even distribute dividends after the asset is frozen? (Not sure how this aspect of BitFunder works)
- Are any of the lucky sellers reading this? Wink

In the exceptional circumstance that someone wishes to return or contribute to my loss, my address is below.

Thanks for listening. Look forward to any comments.
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

So, a few questions:

- Should the asset issuer have frozen the asset before issuing the dividend?
- Can the asset issuer even distribute dividends after the asset is frozen? (Not sure how this aspect of BitFunder works)
- Are any of the lucky sellers reading this? Wink

The asset should have been frozen first.
The system has no way to know that a dividend being issued is not a normal dividend.
Not sure why anyone would want to allow trading after a final dividend payment goes out...

-Ukyo
deizel

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:27:23 PM

The asset should have been frozen first.

Thanks for the quick response Ukyo. Both TAT (on IRC) and yourself seem to agree on this point.

I understand that, in the situation that has occurred, I can't simply be refunded as the funds have went elsewhere.

Maybe the asset issuer will make a goodwill gesture if they believe some of the blame lies with them.
rastapool (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

Yes, I see those reinvestment buys. Unfortunately I saw this after I made div payment. I should have to freeze asset first, and this situation is fully my fault.
deizel, just give me your BTC address and I'll transfer you 5.2 BTC
best, rastapool

deizel

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:04:47 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 05:05:27 PM by deizel

Yes, I see those reinvestment buys. Unfortunately I saw this after I made div payment. I should have to freeze asset first, and this situation is fully my fault.
deizel, just give me your BTC address and I'll transfer you 5.2 BTC
best, rastapool

Hi Rastapool, thanks for coming to my aide. My BTC address is 135FGWACVPru61C5Tv2xuJmv5NREKTbQBY.

I now know to set more reasonable limits for dividend reinvestment(s) in the future.

On the bright side, we now have a funny reminder of all this in BitFunder's "My Assets" tab:

Edit - Refund received and trust feedback left. Thanks!
davesag

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:27:59 AM

I still have a couple of RTM shares in Bitfunder - will they be bought back/what is the process for that? or is there a way to transfer them to Havelock (for example)?

Cheers

dave
davesag

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 05:45:50 AM

When you say "all bonds are buyed back" I still have RTM assets in Bitfunder and so do some of my friends.  What is the process for either a) selling them back to you, or b) transferring the assets to another registry such as Havelock?

Cheers, Dave

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: