Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improvements for Primedice 3 (opinions please)  (Read 778 times)
Bitcoin12345 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:24:29 PM

I have outlined some of the things that I think would improve the site, do you agree or have better suggestions. I have emailed all of these suggestions to support (this is copy and pasted from email), but I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think.

1. Reputation System - I believe that a reputation system whereby users can vote each others reputation up based on how helpful and constructive they are in chat (similar to a Facebook like button) would be beneficial. I think that the reputation could be linked to various benefits such as higher faucet payouts (like the whitelist on PD2, but linked to rep and not amount wagered), exclusive events for people with high reputations (i.e Happy hour just for people with high rep), shorter wait time between faucet claims or other benefits that you can think of. Unlike the level system currently, your reputation would not be determined simply by statistics (i.e. amount wagered and number of chat messages) but instead by being constructive and helping other people and earning their respect enough for them to increase you rep. You could avoid manipulation of this system (i.e. people just raising each others respect for nothing constructive but mutual benefit) by making it cost the person raising the other persons reputation (for example, it could cost 5000 to push the button (which could go towards tips that mods and admin give out or towards suggestion 6 or simply to you) or it could slightly decrease their own rep in order to raise the other persons) thus ensuring that everyone doesn't just push each others button for the sake of it.

2. Tabbed/Drop down menu Chat - I believe that the chat window should be divided into various sections (particularly now the PD3 chat is so fast), I think it should be divided into various categories such as (But not limited to - These are just ideas from the top of my head, you could probably think of better categories) General chat, New players, Strategies, Debate and Ask an Adviser - which brings me to the next suggestion.

3. Advisers - I know you have mods and admins already, but I think people with high rep (from suggestion 1, thereby ensuring they are respected players) should be assigned the status of an adviser who can answer questions from new and old players alike, where they get paid by you (albeit a small amount per solution) according to the amount of advice they have given or problems they have solved (this would be measured by a user clicking a problem solved button (or similar) and assigning the solution to a specific adviser so that they cannot duplicate the reward to more than one adviser. If the same user tries to manipulate the system by asking the same question multiple time, the moderators should then have the discretion to lower their reputation after a warning. These advisers would be different to mods and admin because they would give advice based upon their opinion about questions that may not have a specific or correct answer (i.e. Their most successful betting strategies), whereas admin and mods only give specific advice that relates to questions with specific answers (i.e. what is faucet at level 40?)

4. Competitions - I know you do giveaways sometimes (i.e. you reward the first 100 people to post their ID's), but I think you should also do competitions that don't rely so much on luck but rather constructive and thoughtful advice (i.e. If you notice a potential problem or something you feel could be improved, you could ask people for their suggestions to a special email address so you don't get bogged down with emails in your main account, with the best suggestion as chosen by you being rewarded. This would ensure users are engaged and that you end up with the best solutions that it is feasible to implement.

5. Automatic betting Improvements - I think that the automatic betting system should be improved by allowing more advanced options such as the ability to alternate each bet, for example, if you are betting with a payout of 2x, you should be able to move from roll below 49.50 to roll above 50.5 each bet. Other options could include stop on win or on loss so that people betting with payout of 98x could have the automatic betting stop as soon as they roll a winning number.You could also have an option to increase or decrease bet after a number of rolls as well as on win/loss, for example, on a payout of 10x you could have a base bet of 10 which you could increase by 50% every 5 rolls until you roll a winning number in which case you could reset to base bet. It would also be helpful to have a system where you can change your bet after so many rolls, for example, bet 0 for 10 rolls, then bet 25 thereafter until you roll a winning number after which you could revert to bet 0 for 10 rolls.

6. Lottery - I think there should be a daily or weekly (or both) lottery to give players the chance of winning significant amounts. I believe that players should pay about 10,000 for one lottery entry with a maximum limit of 5 entries per player per lottery, this would ensure that players with very large balances could not simply buy the vast amount of entries to make them much more likely to win. I believe there should be either one entry selected at random to win the whole amount or a number of entries (up to 5) selected at random each sharing an equal amount.

7. Friends - I think that it would be good to have an option to add players to your friends list, allowing for things such as friend chat only and group competitions within friend groups (i.e. friends could organise competitions amongst themselves, for example, they all contribute 5000 and whoever has the best win streak, highest win, biggest reputation increase (from suggestion 1) or other such achievement within a specified time would win the prize - These would be fair competitions because they wouldn't favour those with higher balances who are able to bet more at a time). It would also be good to have a search function so that you can search for a specific player in order to send a friend request so that you wouldn't have to wait until they were chatting to add them.

8. Tipping improvements - Although I think tipping from mods is a great idea, the way that tipping works means that generally those that are most vocal on the chat window tend to be tipped more than others. Maybe there should be a certain amount of tips allocated to be given out randomly rather than to those just on the chat window. You could also narrow the recipients down so that perhaps only people with a balance below 100k have a chance of winning the random tip because it is fairly pointless to tip someone if they already have a very large balance because it would not be very beneficial to them.

9. Rewards for mods and admin - I know that the mods are volunteers (not sure about admin), however, I think it would be nice if they were rewarded in some way for their effort and hard work. This could be done from the other suggestions that I have outlined (i.e. amounts raised from raising others reputation or a percentage of the lottery funds could be distributed equally among mods and admin as a gesture of goodwill from both yourself and the players). After all, the game (especially chat) would be much more chaotic and less enjoyable if it were not for their commitment.

10. Small suggestions - I know this may seem pointless, but I would prefer the balance to flash either green or red based on the outcome of the roll even if the bet amount is 0, like it did on PD2. This just makes it easier to follow the game without having to scroll down to see if the roll was winning or not and thus allowing you to decide when you want to bet without scrolling down.

I also think that the maximum amount of characters that are allowed in chat should be increased due to the fact that it is difficult to have anything more than a very basic conversation with the current limit and it is also hard to ask slightly more detailed questions without having to type multiple messages which would therefore mean the different parts of the message could be quite far apart due to the number of messages from others that can be sent, this makes some questions and/or conversations very hard to follow and could be improved by significantly increasing the amount of text allowed per message. This would be particularly important if you decided to implement the tabbed chat idea mentioned earlier, especially if the tabs consisted of things such as 'debate' as these would inevitably require long and detailed chat entries to convey a point effectively.

I would also like to see the minimum tip reduced back to 10k or at least to 20k, when it was at 10k I used to tip people often but now I find it much harder to tip a lot of people and therefore am only able to tip very few people at a time. As long as you have a minimum balance of 50k before you are allowed to tip I cannot see a problem with reducing the amount back to 10k.

Finally, I think it would be helpful if there was an app available, making it easier and more user friendly to play on mobile and tablet devices.

I can't think of any more suggestions at the moment, but if I do, I will email you again. Please let me know your initial thoughts, thanks for taking the time to read, you're probably very bored by now so I will shut up. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:26:30 PM

I think that the reason the minimum tip was reduced was because people were trying to take advantage of the faucet and transfer bits to a main account so they can withdraw. It's good how it is for me.

Bitcoin12345 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:30:29 PM

Yes but that could be fixed by making people have a minimum of 50k before they are allowed to tip, what about the other suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback by the way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: