Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:50:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACT] The Asterisk at CoinmarketCap = Scam Coin  (Read 3146 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:43:57 PM

The little asterisk symbol beside those Market Cap Names at http://coinmarketcap.com
Means they are scam coins basically.. coins released with an unfair distribution such as heavily premined or IPO

I urge new users to avoid any of those especially the scam coins manipulated to be in the top 10 market cap over night.

These are the scammiest most manipulated unfair shit coin ponzi schemes we have in the scene today !
Buying in late to these crappy pyramid scams is extremely risky.

I would avoid them all in the top 5 or top 10 actually except maybe Litecoin..
Investment wise i think Litecoin is pretty low compared to it's past highs.
Bitcoin is too high i think to invest in.. i would never go buy BTC coins for $500 each.. EVER !
And all the ones with asterisk are scams period.
Doge coin is pretty much the only one not mentioned in the top coins and that one is a notorious piece of shit.. a useless clone.

Head my warning or risk getting burned Wink

what am i talking about ? these shitty "Doge Scheme" coins in the picture..

FUD first & ask questions later™
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:41:37 PM

Damn...is that what it means?

I thought the asterisk stood for "Buy lots of NXT now"  Grin

Oh, well, better sell all me NXT and put it into some nice Litecoin. I'm sure that will end well.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:37:18 PM

Damn...is that what it means?

I thought the asterisk stood for "Buy lots of NXT now"  Grin

Oh, well, better sell all me NXT and put it into some nice Litecoin. I'm sure that will end well.....

that is the Spoetnik harassed Coinmarket cap's Gliss and fought him and put up with being called a Troll etc from cheerleaders etc until he added it..

your all welcome Cool

after the AUR debacle and some evidence i got via PM that exposed that crooked fucker Gliss who runs that shitty corrupt scammy site
i called them out on it until they fixed it so they would have a FAR harder time fucking over the whole scene all over again with AUR v2.0

want to invest in something ? buy vaseline stocks ?

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:59:17 AM

just a reminder.. this is FACT !

i don't think you guys have been paying attention to the symbol over there Sad

PlatinumExpress

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:42:47 AM

I actually note that * when I look at the coins on CMC. It's useful info. Not every premine coin is a scam though. some have small ones for future developments.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:48:09 AM

yes, coin market cap as a useful service can be deceptive in caps if you dont know what to look for.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 04:49:17 PM by Spoetnik

I actually note that * when I look at the coins on CMC. It's useful info. Not every premine coin is a scam though. some have small ones for future developments.

i agree if you think you can trust the guy with a small premine that is cool with me but..
when they scam to do 50 or 80 or even 100% i draw the line !

and my PM's about AUR is a prime example..
the guys who made AUR knew damn well that it would put them in the top 5 on coin market cap
and i was given a to to buy em up cheap BEFORE it went on exchanges..
so it begged the question who was involved and who knew what ?
or was it just some random "user" tipping me off ?

all i knew is there was no such thing as an asterisk at the time and i was pissed off they were all being deceptive about it.. still !
funny it was yet another one of those times i got mouthed off unanimously and called a fucking Troll and attacked and insulted only for him to flip flop and do what i suggested by adding the symbol denoting a premine.. nice behavior assholes, suck my cock pricks !

i get fed up with people treating me like dog shit and attacking and discrediting me and damaging my rep with mods here only to get on their knee's later and blow me..
too little too late assholes.. go fuck yourself.
when your done i will say your ugly and you disgust me and get the fuck out my bed altcoin-whore.. there's the door money slut now fuck off  Cool

proof of what i just said is sitting on the coinmarketcap ANN topic and in my PM/inbox ..i don't lie.

1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:42:18 AM

good call! i never trade them

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:57:33 PM

good call! i never trade them

I went and looked and after you said that i see signs you were buying IPO coins.
You mentioned StartCoin for example and that was an IPO with no ANN Launch here either.

You sir are busted.

You see my little Investards this is why i harp on you all and about how it's so bad around here.
Because your all fucking sleazy greedy little LIARS.

Why else would this guy i quoted be giving good feedback on a forum Signature campaign?
Have i put coin names / links in my SIG before? YES.
But i did not plant a for rent sign on my lawn and say hey put anything you want in there for a fee $

Liars, scammers, thieves, two faced greedy assholes.

I know a guy who told me straight to my face when i gave him almost a grand in Bitcoin..
He like all of YOU said "Fuck Bitcoin i don't give a shit about it i just want to make money"
Actually you know what? ..i'm wrong!
The guy that told me that was simply being honest!
Unlike you guys here who *pretend*

If you out there actually do care about Crypto and hope to make some money too while your at it?
Fine i get it and i too feel the same way and i hope you know i am NOT talking about YOU!
Guys here you know what type of user you are..

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:15:02 PM

i totally agree.
the premine has always been a big negative point when i want to decide about an altcoin. it basically gives the preminers a big power over the price.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:20:37 AM

i totally agree.
the premine has always been a big negative point when i want to decide about an altcoin. it basically gives the preminers a big power over the price.

Premines were common before the explosion of IPO / ICO's
I think an ICO is just a premine but 100% of the coins.. so it's way worse!

Having in your possession even for a brief period of time every coin in circulation in all of time / history
is simply insane.. imagine being able to hold every US dollar on earth all at once..
and everyone knew this in advance (or your secret friends etc)

Why do banks PAY YOU interest to store your money in their bank accounts for small periods of time?

IPO coins should not be happening.
They are NOT a fair distribution method.
If this was the stock market ..half these dev's and exchanges etc would be in jail for "Insider Trading" etc.

So people you need to stop permitting BAD BEHAVIOR simply so you can profit from it!
Free Market my ass  Roll Eyes

pimpjuice

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:37:49 AM

There is only one really good distribution and that is Bitcoin. It is the reason for the get rich quick crypto craze which has led to over bought and over produced alt coins.

But I wouldn't count out a pre-mined coin when it comes to something like Ripple who's audience is the financial industry which would probably prefer something with some early control. As a fan of Bitcoin I do not worry about Ripple and have grown to like it a lot.  It has a different utility than Bitcoin and may end up helping Bitcoin in the future.
XXX-DR

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:12:21 AM

Well, there will be examples where you are correct. That does not mean every coin with premine or IPO is a scam, lol.
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:26:52 AM

This thread is absolute nonsense.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:46:00 AM

Well, there will be examples where you are correct. That does not mean every coin with premine or IPO is a scam, lol.

Yes ALL IPO/ICO coins are scammy.

They choose to distribute coins that way to get an unfair advantage(s)

I advise new user avoid them and..

- Ask who made it.
- And how many coins have they been involved with making before.

BEFORE SPENDING A PENNY !

If they can not answer those questions or if it's an IPO or ICO etc then avoid it period .

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:50:18 AM

This thread is absolute nonsense.

Coming from a guy who supports shit like Windows 10, Lisk etc etc..

I encourage users to do their research (on the history of guys who talk shit)

This "expert" claims the thread is nonsense because..
he intends on BUYING IPO / ICO coins then dumping them for a profit.

The reasoning behind the topic does not matter to him.. his profits do. (he is scam coin supporter)

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:38:47 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 02:18:24 AM by TPTB_need_war

Those who purchased Rimbit via Indiegogo should be demanding a refund from their credit card company now, because the campaign violated Indiegogo's Terms of Service on Prohibited Perks, thus the tokens will now be scorned and worthless.

This $151,806 loss for Indiegogo and huge number of chargebacks jeopardizing their merchant account relationship with the credit card companies, will hopefully incentivize Indiegogo to take legal action against Marcelo Karlsson. Hopefully they will also report him to the SEC so they can hopefully begin an investigation into the investments scams in crypto currency.

I have an inkling this smallish scam may be the one that ignites the fire that brings down the entire ICO altcoin ecosystem.

Edit: the SEC has recently warned about those who are getting involved in these crypto-currency scams and I hope Indiegogo takes the SEC warning seriously.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:39:32 AM

We are on the same page on that.
I am concerned honestly about the legal playing field changing..
while guys are caught holding onto IPO/ICO coins.
Think about it.. if laws get put out or a few of these coin devs are arrested you will be broke in minutes.

Ripple got fined.. things can spiral out of control pretty fast too when it comes to market prices + bad news.

Be careful with your money people.

From a legal and ethical stand point i advise avoiding any IPO / ICO coin.

pimpjuice

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:54:33 AM

We are on the same page on that.
I am concerned honestly about the legal playing field changing..
while guys are caught holding onto IPO/ICO coins.
Think about it.. if laws get put out or a few of these coin devs are arrested you will be broke in minutes.

Rapple got fined.. things can spiral out of control pretty fast too when it comes to market prices + bad news.

Be careful with your money people.

From a legal and ethical stand point i advise avoiding any IPO / ICO coin.

I believe Ripple got fined because they sold to Roger Ver.  Many in the banking industry have considered that fine Ripple's rite of passage (Ripple paid it and now meet all the proper regulatory measures).

I do agree though that there are other tokens out there that could get hit pretty hard in the future.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:59:59 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 09:12:57 AM by BitcoinNational

The Asterisk at CoinmarketCap = Scam Coin ... not just a good idea, but it is the LAW!

There a few ... very few exceptions ... and it only applies to premines for coins with caps running under $75k (because in those cases premine could (in theory / not many case studies proove it) be used to help keep a coin alive and grow.  Any coin with cap above $75k, likely scam.  Aurora might be the exception and only because they supposedly burned it.

----
"Rapple" ... lolz'd
 BTS
 FCT
 steallar/lumens
 xem
 ruby
 vpn
 rads

top the list of Scam Coins
they can never be fair market "coins" ... but if you are too dumb to get why ... go ahead sell the house buy "Rapple" coins.

NOTE:
they could be okay DACs, or managed capital, the 'coins' are more like floated shares

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████