Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 07:42:30 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so which pool has the least transaction fees?  (Read 3467 times)
clonedone

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:39:30 AM

ever since deepbit rose to 550 g/hash, ive been getting a little less coins due to the fact that my rig isnt all that crazy.
is there another pool that has little to no fees and lets me cash out instantly like deepbit does?
eligus feels strange since you dont make an account there and every thing is paid instantly, i like to see how much i make in a day ya know?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:44:22 AM

you do know that deepbit, thanks to its higher Mh now, gets blocks more frequently?

ATM, only Bitcoinpool has lower rates (slush's rate is lower initially, but after invalid blocks etc, it is the same as deepbit at best), and they have practically no good options like deepbit (ie: instant payout layout of site etc etc). They also stored passwords as plain text before, and have already "forgotten" to pay someone until that someone pointed it out that he didn't get anything for this block :/

No, Deepbit is definitively the best pool out there IMO

Again, the higher the Mh/s from deepbit DOES NOT AFFECT THE AMOUNT YOU GET IN THE LONG TERM. Its like, instead of getting 1 BTC every 2 hours, you are getting 0.25 BTC every 30 mins (ie: after 2 hours you'll ave 0.25*4 = 1BTC)

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
clonedone

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:50:09 AM

you do know that deepbit, thanks to its higher Mh now, gets blocks more frequently?

ATM, only Bitcoinpool has lower rates (slush's rate is lower initially, but after invalid blocks etc, it is the same as deepbit at best), and they have practically no good options like deepbit (ie: instant payout layout of site etc etc). They also stored passwords as plain text before, and have already "forgotten" to pay someone until that someone pointed it out that he didn't get anything for this block :/

Again, the higher the Mh/s from deepbit DOES NOT AFFECT THE AMOUNT YOU GET IN THE LONG TERM. Its like, instead of getting 1 BTC every 2 hours, you are getting 0.25 BTC every 30 mins (ie: after 2 hours you'll ave 0.25*4 = 1BTC)

yeah i know that i get more blocks more frequently, but some blocks are goign so fast, i didnt even get a chance to participate.
also im not entirely sure how fees work, just how much btc are deepbit withholding from miners?
i notcied last week i got 12 coins a day, these past two days i get 10 coins a day
vuce

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:02:53 PM

yeah i know that i get more blocks more frequently, but some blocks are goign so fast, i didnt even get a chance to participate.
also im not entirely sure how fees work, just how much btc are deepbit withholding from miners?
i notcied last week i got 12 coins a day, these past two days i get 10 coins a day
you will not get in some, but you will get in others, and it'll even out.
Deepbit will deduct 1.5 btc per block (50 bitcoins).
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 12:07:22 PM

This post is about the "fast rounds":
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7639.msg112607#msg112607
It says that it's doesn't harm anyone.

You won't get less money because of high hashrate. You got 10 instead of 12 because yesterday the pool had ~-20% luck (as you may see at stats page). That was the reason, not the pool's size. On average the luck may be neutral and someday you'll get 14 instead of 12.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
clonedone

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:07:01 PM

You won't get less money because of high hashrate. You got 10 instead of 12 because yesterday the pool had ~-20% luck (as you may see at stats page). That was the reason, not the pool's size. On average the luck may be neutral and someday you'll get 14 instead of 12.

oh thank god i really didnt wanna leave deepbit just cause of all the perks.
1.5 btc per 50 is not bad at all, i suppose ill stay, but on my phoenix miner ive been seeing more "getting new work"
instead of "00dgf80845 work accepted"
i use to see the "work accepted" more often i hope it dosent make a difference though
nster

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:19:45 PM

deepbit takes 3%, but pays you for invalid BLOCKS (not shares obviously) and has Long polling as well. As considering that, slush's 2% fee is actually HIGHER because Long polling + invalid blocks combined is more than 1% better

and as I said, I don't trust bitcoinpool at all so deepbit is really the best

you can add an askrate to phoenix if that bothers you btw

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
JJG

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:05:57 PM

Don't forget to factor in reliability. If a pool goes down for a total of 24 hours in a single month, that's a 3% loss for you.
grue
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:37:57 PM

deepbit takes 3%, but pays you for invalid BLOCKS (not shares obviously) and has Long polling as well. As considering that, slush's 2% fee is actually HIGHER because Long polling + invalid blocks combined is more than 1% better
[citation needed]

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
xf2_org

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:42:14 PM

ever since deepbit rose to 550 g/hash, ive been getting a little less coins due to the fact that my rig isnt all that crazy.
is there another pool that has little to no fees and lets me cash out instantly like deepbit does?

Well, it doesn't offer cash-out-before-the-block-mature, but xf2.org's pool is a flat fee (0.45 BTC/month), not a percentage like the other pools.

If you are a GPU miner, xf2.org's flat fee is probably cheaper than the percentage-based pools.

eligus feels strange since you dont make an account there and every thing is paid instantly, i like to see how much i make in a day ya know?

You should be able to see this in your bitcoin client, even before the 120 blocks necessary to make a new block spendable.

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 2366

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:47:21 PM

ATM, only Bitcoinpool has lower rates (slush's rate is lower initially, but after invalid blocks etc, it is the same as deepbit at best), and they have practically no good

0_o

Eligius (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Eligius) charges something like 0.00015% now.

Eligius has no accounts or passwords to be compromised.

Eligius pays users out of the generated transaction directly, no funny business with money handling.

Eligius supports long polling.  For me, I get lower half the stales from Eligius than I got from deepbit. (this might be because eligius is 20ms from me while deepbit is 110ms from me)

Eligius is run by luke-jr, who is obviously competent, and who is usually around on IRC.

I'm not saying you're a fool for not using Eligius, but I'm not saying you aren't one either. Wink

Bitcoin will not be compromised
nster

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:05:19 PM

sorry forgot to say, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE NEWEST SMALL POOLS

and frankly, I like to have a more constant revenue, like ~1 hour, and not wait for a whole day. I'll switch to one of the newer ones if they have advantages over tycho's pool and they have higher hashrate than now. It will also give them time to prove they are trustworthy.

grue
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:13:34 PM

and frankly, I like to have a more constant revenue, like ~1 hour, and not wait for a whole day. I'll switch to one of the newer ones if they have advantages over tycho's pool and they have higher hashrate than now. It will also give them time to prove they are trustworthy.
Helping to feed an monopoly, that's nice.

Also,

doesn't that kill the point of pooled mining? what's the point of joining a pool when there's tons of variance? wouldn't it be better if you joined a smaller pool, with less variance?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:52:58 PM

[citation needed]
Agreed.

Also,

doesn't that kill the point of pooled mining? what's the point of joining a pool when there's tons of variance? wouldn't it be better if you joined a smaller pool, with less variance?
If you pretended for just a second that there wasnt such a thing as "solo mining" and Everyone was in three different pools,  then the largest pool would grab the most coins and therefore the people within that pool would recieve the most, so that makes people go "why dont ALL of us join One Big Huge Pool"
Answer? Monopoly.
Now with that aside, All pools have variance dude, Higer variance can be good and bad, Heres why: if you we're solo mining Then you have a huge variance Against everyone While if you are pooled mining Your Sharing your variance with everyone, So in pools, if SOMEONE does good, So do you, If SOMEONE does bad so do you, but it's negligable because of the massive # of people who are mining WITH you rather than Against you.
Now lets look at it from the other side, If you were ina small pool and You were "the big khauna" Then yeah you'd hate being ina small pool because everyones Practially leeching off you and then you'd switch to the bigger pool.
Whereas if your another little guy, You would Think that joining the smaller pool would be a good idea. Now i have close to NO knowledge of the small pools but i know that your not gonna get much if the pool itself isnt getting much. I cant think of in any scenario where the smaller pool would be a good idea.
Would someone godslap me with the answer?
Big pool=Big Amount of Small Variance
Small pool=Small amount of Big Variance

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:57:16 PM

[citation needed]
Agreed.

Also,

If you pretended for just a second that there wasnt such a thing as "solo mining" and Everyone was in three different pools,  then the largest pool would grab the most coins and therefore the people within that pool would recieve the most, so that makes people go "why dont ALL of us join One Big Huge Pool"
Answer? Monopoly.
Now with that aside, All pools have variance dude, Higer variance can be good and bad, Heres why: if you we're solo mining Then you have a huge variance Against everyone While if you are pooled mining Your Sharing your variance with everyone, So in pools, if SOMEONE does good, So do you, If SOMEONE does bad so do you, but it's negligable because of the massive # of people who are mining WITH you rather than Against you.
Now lets look at it from the other side, If you were ina small pool and You were "the big khauna" Then yeah you'd hate being ina small pool because everyones Practially leeching off you and then you'd switch to the bigger pool.
Whereas if your another little guy, You would Think that joining the smaller pool would be a good idea. Now i have close to NO knowledge of the small pools but i know that your not gonna get much if the pool itself isnt getting much. I cant think of in any scenario where the smaller pool would be a good idea.
Would someone godslap me with the answer?
Big pool=Big Amount of Small Variance
Small pool=Small amount of Big Variance
This makes no sense.

If you're in a small pool that generates 10 BTC/hr with 10,000MH/s (I know, not right, but this is just an example), and you have 100MH/s, then you get 0.10BTC/hr from said pool.

If you take that same 100MH/s to a pool that generates 100BTC/hr with 100,000MH/s, then your cut of that 100BTC will still be 0.10BTC.

You aren't "losing" a bunch of BTC if you are the biggest person in the pool.  Nor will you gain extra from being in a large pool.  The only differences that should exist between pools is variance (bigger = less variance) and fee structures.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 05:01:28 PM

Uherm, Not to sound condesending, Mainly because i dont want to sound like i know what im talking about,
But im pretty sure that you yourself just prooved my point.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:01:01 PM

Uherm, Not to sound condesending, Mainly because i dont want to sound like i know what im talking about,
But im pretty sure that you yourself just prooved my point.
I don't think so... you said this:
Why would the people in the largest pool receive the most?  The pool overall receives more bitcoins, yes, but there are more people to split the bitcoins amongst.  You would receive the SAME amount of bitcoins for your MH/s regardless of whether you were in a small pool or a large one.  And THAT is why we don't all join one big huge pool, not because of fear of it creating a monopoly.  We just join whatever pool provides the greatest benefit, which right now, is calculated mostly by looking at the fee structures.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2016

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 06:23:22 PM

Bigger pools have less variance. Smaller pools have more variance.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 2366

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:31:21 PM

Bigger pools have less variance. Smaller pools have more variance.

So you're using the deepbit pay per share option?

Bitcoin will not be compromised
nster

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:56:50 PM

technically, deepbit should have the least variance, which is better no? still making deepbit look good Cheesy

these new pools are just too small for me to join atm... All the things deepbit offers is well worth the 3% for now...

The newest pools have not showed me they are trustworthy enough yet. I made the mistake of trusting bitcoinpool once, and my password may have been compromised because they stupidly stored it as plain text. I had to change the password of every account associated with that password ( I only using 5~6 different passwords, but I have many account in different things)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.