Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMUNIE] Pre-launch stress test...all security experts and hackers *BOUNTIES*  (Read 2252 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:05:05 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:17:52 PM by mrvegad

What's the chance of you taking my .dat file manipulation serious this time?

I thought we proved multiple times that what you thought was happening wasn't the case...and more importantly, any glitches you did see were local and didn't jeopardize the network.

Additionally even if you did jeopardize the network and I missed it, that was 8 months back, a lot has changed and been added since then, so it certainly wouldn't be the case now.

Local glitches dont count for this test, it HAS to affect the network as a whole.
The next OB i get my hands I will prove you wrong, there will be sync issues and memory spikes within 4-6 hrs of manipulating the  .dat files, and for the record I was able to generate and spend interest on emu i didn't have. Hardly a local issus.

Still running derby db in test mode as well as mysql in MyISAM?
Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:21:17 PM

stress test
Closed stress test?  Shocked You are kidding?  Cheesy What stress you are going to gain in closed circle of testers?  Huh

You need to work on your reading comprehension my friend.

"...I'm inviting anyone that thinks they have the means, to perform attacks on the network in an attempt to cause disruption in a test environment initially, which will be setup for this task, and also in a future open beta. "

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:25:27 PM

What's the chance of you taking my .dat file manipulation serious this time?

I thought we proved multiple times that what you thought was happening wasn't the case...and more importantly, any glitches you did see were local and didn't jeopardize the network.

Additionally even if you did jeopardize the network and I missed it, that was 8 months back, a lot has changed and been added since then, so it certainly wouldn't be the case now.

Local glitches dont count for this test, it HAS to affect the network as a whole.
The next OB i get my hands I will prove you wrong, there will be sync issues and memory spikes within 4-6 hrs of manipulating the  .dat files, and for the record I was able to generate and spend interest on emu i didn't have. Hardly a local issus.

Still running derby db in test mode as well as mysql in MyISAM?

I did explain in detail what it was you were seeing in a number of threads a long time ago, and how it wasn't a "threat" to the integrity of the system.

However, this is open to all, even disgruntled ex-supporters, so feel free to have a go Smiley

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

It has nothing to do with with me being disgruntled,  it's about the security of the network. Why do emunie people feel the need for personal attacks? 
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:41:57 PM

It has nothing to do with with me being disgruntled,  it's about the security of the network. Why do emunie people feel the need for personal attacks? 

Not sure how my calling it like it is, is a personal attack  Huh

Otherwise I could claim the same, you're attacking my claim that it wasn't a threat, which in turn is an attack on my intelligence of my own system, which is personal.

Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:45:43 PM

BTW, do people learn from own mistakes?  Huh

Apparently not, you're still here.   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  (intentional use of emoticon)

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:55:49 PM

BTW, do people learn from own mistakes?  Huh
We had the same situation in December-January: good closed test, announcement of launch in several weeks - and where we were after that? Roll Eyes

Would you rather a rushed product, or a finished one?
And you have no other variants?  Roll Eyes

Better a late product than a broken one.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:09:05 PM

BTW, do people learn from own mistakes?  Huh
We had the same situation in December-January: good closed test, announcement of launch in several weeks - and where we were after that? Roll Eyes

Would you rather a rushed product, or a finished one?
And you have no other variants?  Roll Eyes

Better a late product than a broken one.
Is Bitcoin late or broken one? NXT? Qora? eXo? Etherium? Crypti? NEM? BBR? ... Huh

If you do not like rush why you are rushing now with 4 weeks announsement? Why not to properly do open betatest for another 9 months? Not to have a broken product?  Grin

Bitcoin isn't a good example. It was first.

The eMunie team are the only ones who know how close eMunie is to completion, so I can't really speculate on any of that.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:41:44 PM

Although I deleted all that trolls posts, please don't confuse 4 weeks as posted in the OP as 4 weeks until launch.

This is not the case as Starik is trying to twist in an attempt to make it seem like we are now "rushing", V1.0 will be here when its here and not a moment before.

Then again, anyone that believes anything that Starik states is no better than him anyway, so why worry Smiley

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:05:36 PM

Any news about stress test?  Huh
Does it happen? Roll Eyes
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM

So you're going to give an extra 5 bitcoin too the dude who stole all your bitcoin then  Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: