Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it so hard to transfer BitCoins to Trading WebSites?  (Read 1720 times)
Jeffpod (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:06:29 PM

How come if BitCoins are so easy to transfer, which I know they are because I've recieved a few now, then why is it so hard to transfer them to mt. gox, or any of the other market sites.
It seems that I have to get money on paypay or money order or carrier pigeon to the site, when I should be able to buy BitCoins elsewere and transfer them to the site.
Maybe it is possible, but I haven't found any way yet.
If there is a trading website that is easier to transfer BitCoins to, then I'd use them.

***Special Thanks To Whoever Abolished That Arbitrary Ratings System***
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:08:21 PM

Huh I've always found bitcoins exceedingly easy to transfer...anywhere!

In Mt. Gox, just go to add funds, then type in how many coins you're going to send, then send the coins to the address it gives you.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 04:32:12 PM

Huh I've always found bitcoins exceedingly easy to transfer...anywhere!

In Mt. Gox, just go to add funds, then type in how many coins you're going to send, then send the coins to the address it gives you.

Yeah, it isn't hard at all.

You actually have coins and are having trouble sending them to MtGox?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:37:47 PM

Every time I send coins to MtGox, I wonder why MtGox makes me say how many coins I'm going to send. Why not just give me the address, and credit my account with however many coins arrive at that address?
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 04:42:15 PM

Every time I send coins to MtGox, I wonder why MtGox makes me say how many coins I'm going to send. Why not just give me the address, and credit my account with however many coins arrive at that address?

I also wonder about this.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 05:03:40 PM

Haha, yeah, what is the deal. I like how bitcoin-central just has an address and you can cycle it if you want.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Jeffpod (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:50:01 PM

Oh, okay, thats how it works, I was wondering about that.
I just figured that my Mt. Gox Account would have the same
format as mybitcoin, but upon explanation I get it now.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:24:13 PM

Haha, yeah, what is the deal. I like how bitcoin-central just has an address and you can cycle it if you want.

Hi,

We'll have this here too, soon Wink

Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: