Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:25:41 PM

They have Globalfoundries for that.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:37:51 PM

Robert kuang seem to be asic design maneger at verisilicon. That pass breach was long ago 2011 but still this nda bugs me.
Can somebody best pg email him?

I hear ya, but NDA's are commonplace.  In my business,  it's very common.  Nobody is given information or allowed onto the manufacturing floor that hasn't signed one.  Period.

it's common business practice.

what the scope is I don't know, as we haven't seen it obviously, but I don't doubt it exists.  I'd be more surprised if it didn't.

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Semiconductor_Manufacturing_International_(SMI)/Verisilicon_Holdings_Ltd

VeriSilicon Holdings Co., Ltd. is a fabless ASIC design foundry focusing on providing semiconductor IP, design services and turnkey services including manufacturing, packaging, testing, and delivery.

No wonder it's not on the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_IP_core_vendors

now that's worrying... tapeout of a chip, they don't even fab.

"Fabless manufacturing is the design and sale of hardware devices and semiconductor chips while outsourcing the fabrication or "fab" of the devices to a specialized manufacturer called a semiconductor foundry. Foundries are typically located in China[1] [2] [3] [4] because of the generally low cost of labor, so fabless companies can benefit from lower capital costs while concentrating their research and development resources on the end market."

none of that bothers me.  I couldn't give 2 farts in a hurricane if they have it built by elves in a hollow tree.

what does piss me off is that they clearly are more concerned about guarding their profit than properly compensating their customers for their fook-ups.

I'm no fan of BA, make no mistake, I think they're bending their customers over and coring them out good, while dancing in the rain with their customer's money, which, while I totally expected it, I think absolutely sucks.  

But this other shit is nothing but logistics as far as I'm concerned.  Cargo can be moved in a hurry, so shipping it to point B, which is the foundry, does not concern me, as I think they can pack the boxes and get them to the dock.  But do send that shit next day, BA, you've cost your customer's enough money.
goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

So, just to confirm I have this right.

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.
Because a user pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:21:55 PM

So, just to confirm I have this right.

An independent member on this forum has reached out to a third party. The third party company gave confirmation that Black Arrow is a customer and the specs look accurate. Is that right?

in part. of course, yes.

So, a third party member who is totally unaffiliated and actually has been doubting us as much as everyone else has contacted a third party company who confirmed we are a customer.

I must be missing something because it seems to me like there is still a lot of doubt we are who we say we are.
Because a user pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past.

Did you by any chance try to contact the other e-mail address cc'd on your initial e-mail thread with Mr. Huang or Kwang? (I can't remember and I'm not looking through 3 pages to find out)  I know PH said that his, Huang/Kwang, was compromised but what about that other gentleman, I thought the consensus was that his apparently hadn't been.
Yes. Haven't received a reply yet.

goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

Notwithstanding who BA Matt is, this...

408 844 8560

http://www.verisilicon.com/worldwideoffice.html

Odd! I just got off the phone and the lady doesn't know a Rober Kuang or of any Black Arrow.

Call them yourselves.

By the way, I specifically asked if Verilisilicon would release any information on any company contracting through them and she said no. Then, she starting asking who I was and what company I represented.

Call the number above and ask for yourselves.

Also, ask her if a Bruno Kucinskas called.
Did you call the China offices?

goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

Honestly, if the account was still compromised, he wouldn't CC his reply to someone else in the same company, because it's probably standard protocol to document all emails.

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

this is starting to look like a version of Abbot and Costello's 'who's on first' bit.

I have no doubt BA is building these things after goozman has done some due diligence to verify that Verisilicon is moving this along.  He's no shill, he's been right out front on this all along.  

come on people, this is not that complicated, and, more importantly, how did I end up seemingly defending these people and coming within a whisker of feeling sorry for them on some stops of this crazy train express tour?

::facepalm::
goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:29:03 PM

Honestly, if the account was still compromised, he wouldn't CC his reply to someone else in the same company, because it's probably standard protocol to document all emails.

I just want to clarify that you have contacted verisilicon and received confirmation of a contract with BA? Is there still any reason to believe there is some bullshit going on?

Its very hard to understand whats going on with all the fudsters spamming this thread.
Yup. The only little piece of doubt remaining is that the email that replied to me was compromised a few years ago, but I feel as though that doubt can be counteracted with the fact that his reply to me was CCed to another person in the company as well (why would a scammer do that?). So I feel okay about it, and hopefully when Zheng replies to me himself, this can all be put to bed.

goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:01:19 PM

I just want to clarify that you have contacted verisilicon and received confirmation of a contract with BA? Is there still any reason to believe there is some bullshit going on?

Its very hard to understand whats going on with all the fudsters spamming this thread.
Yup. The only little piece of doubt remaining is that the email that replied to me was compromised a few years ago, but I feel as though that doubt can be counteracted with the fact that his reply to me was CCed to another person in the company as well (why would a scammer do that?). So I feel okay about it, and hopefully when Zheng replies to me himself, this can all be put to bed.

"why would a scammer do that?"

I suppose a scammer would do that to make it appear that they were indeed dealing with more than one lone person who may be fraudulently using a compromised email.

If I send a CC on an email to a made-up name, lets say Cindy.Qing@versilicon.cn, would you be able to tell if the email to Cindy was rejected and bounced back undelivered or properly sent to a legitimate employee?

No, probably not.

-----

Please email matt.robertson@blackarrowsoftware.com in our US office or shirley.desheng@blackarrowsoftware.com in our China office, thanks.

To contact our fabrication partner email Chau.YangMen@versilicon.cn and or call direct on +86 10 6553 2288

Seems legit?

Lmao!

Cheesy

Well I did send an email to Zheng and it hasn't bounced back.

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:06:07 PM

Well, you might be lucky and get a reply?

You know I hope that in a couple of months Black Arrow delivers a mountain of excellent products, everyone is happy and makes ROI and we all look back and laugh at some of the things happening on this thread.

In the meantime, it has to be one of the most entertaining threads on the forum and it looks like new posters are joining it each day.

Thanks for the laughs everyone.

Smiley

goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:20:31 PM

Lol comprised email? That's the best you can come up with?

You fudsters are really running out of juice now. Maybe take a few days off to recharge your batteries and come back when you have any legit criticism.

Also sending an email to a nonexistent email address normally forwards to the companies catch all address. So unless verisilicon is incredibly incompetent I think the email is legit. Not sure why I bother addressing the fudsters as you will be back with more conspiracies tomorrow.

Anyways thanks goozman96 for giving us the details even though it might pain you to say something in support of BA (considering you didn't seem to happy with them not too long ago)
I have a horse in this race so I want BA to be successful. I was just highly dissatisfied with their support and response to questions/concerns. The reason it was pointed out that the email had been compromised in the past was because of this link:
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?page=4893
In addition, you can do a search for verisilicon and see:
http://dazzlepod.com/csdn/?email=verisilicon

But the person that was CCed in the email to me does not have his email on that list of compromised emails (mind you, this is from several years ago).

goozman96

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:51:44 PM

Yup, I initially sent the email to:
all-sales@verisilicon.com
but it bounced back (via postmaster@verisilicon.com), telling me that it wasn't a valid address, even though I got it from here:
http://www.verisilicon.com/newsdetail_218_VeriSiliconAnnouncesZSPG4ArchitectureandZSP981Core.html

Then I sent it to these addresses:
press@verisilicon.com
china-sales@verisilicon.com
europe-sales@verisilicon.com
us-sales@verisilicon.com
taiwan-sales@verisilicon.com

After that, I got the reply back from robert.kuang@verisilicon.com who also CC'ed it to Zheng.Xu@verisilicon.com

So unless Verisilicon is in on a huuuuge scam operation, I think we're safe. Cheesy

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

Yup, I initially sent the email to:
all-sales@verisilicon.com
but it bounced back (via postmaster@verisilicon.com), telling me that it wasn't a valid address, even though I got it from here:
http://www.verisilicon.com/newsdetail_218_VeriSiliconAnnouncesZSPG4ArchitectureandZSP981Core.html

Then I sent it to these addresses:
press@verisilicon.com
china-sales@verisilicon.com
europe-sales@verisilicon.com
us-sales@verisilicon.com
taiwan-sales@verisilicon.com

After that, I got the reply back from robert.kuang@verisilicon.com who also CC'ed it to Zheng.Xu@verisilicon.com

So unless Verisilicon is in on a huuuuge scam operation, I think we're safe. Cheesy

Of course we all could have overlooked that...

Verisilicon sounds like:

very currency

much wow

many scam

Hahaha! Only joking! Cheesy

goozman96

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:05:03 AM

They basically said exactly what BA had been telling us. If that would be a violation of the NDA, then BA would have been in violation of it a long time ago. Specifics about the deal are under NDA most likely, not broad facts that BA has been telling us this whole time (ie 28nm ASIC being made by verisilicon and globalfoundries)

goozman96

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:47:50 AM

Is there any evidence Black Arrow is using Global?  I had the impression they were working with SMIC.
https://ecointalk.net/topic/368-who-is-producing-the-minion/?p=1195

goozman96

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:44:51 AM

They only confirmed publicly stated info by BA, nothing secret that is in the NDA. I know your heart is in the right place. Call the China offices and report back with your results. Otherwise, you are just being a fudster.

goozman96

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:00:38 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 02:12:28 AM by goozman96

Time to put this shit to rest once and for all!

Sorry for doubting you BA; but your support still does suck. Tongue

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:09:02 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitmine-to-drop-4phs-of-asic-power-onto-bitcoin-network-before-april/

The third generation ASIC, labeled CoinCraft, will be a 28nm in-house effort. It has been co-designed by a number of players, including Synapse, Innosilicon, and Verisilicon. The chip is built to scale with bitcoin network difficulty, by operating in three modes.

So, it took three entities to produce Massive Luck Investments and Bitmine's 28nm chip, but Virisilicon was able to produce the Minion on their own for Black Arrow.

Maybe, one day Black Arrow will be...

Massive Luck Investments and Bitmine are jointly building a data center in China that will host mining power using the third-generation chips. That facility, which will cost just under $1 million for basic physical construction, will be finished around February, although it will start hosting CoinCraft processors in small quantities in December.

...with Matt Carson at the helm.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:13:01 AM

Thank God!  Good follow through Goozman!

Now I can put PG on ignore again.    Grin

You just go ahead and do that, Mr. Date Registered: December 30, 2013.

Clearly, Verisilicon has broken an NDA agreement, and will probably lose millions of dollars in sales for doing such.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 02:42:16 AM

They only confirmed publicly stated info by BA, nothing secret that is in the NDA. I know your heart is in the right place. Call the China offices and report back with your results. Otherwise, you are just being a fudster.
Exactly. NDA does not mean 'no one can talk about anything', necessarily. An NDA specifies what cannot be talked about but it's not the same (again, not necessarily) as not being able to talk at all about a matter. Depends on the specific NDA, and I guarantee you that ba's NDA with their resellers isn't the same NDA as they have with veriwhateveritscalled. So claiming anyone has breached an NDA Is reaching a bit unless you've read that specific NDA for yourself.

(And yes, I've read, and signed, a few NDA's in my time, and they all had different things I couldn't talk about in them)

So, what you're saying is that during the penning of the NDA, Black Arrow purposely allowed anybody who asks Verisilicon if a contract is in place, to go ahead and tell them, and that Robert would have taken the time to read said NDA prior to replying to some anonymous email.

Not only that, but the initial email only references http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/, whereupon Robert had to take the time to hunt the site, then reference http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion-asic.html in his reply.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: