Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152227 times)
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:14:07 AM

Theymos should be the one to do it and forward that email he got

I'm probably not going to do that. Responding to a clearly fake threat with violence (via police/government) strikes me as wrong and excessive, especially when it's just some stupid kid.

He hasn't caused much harm as of yet. He didn't steal any bitcoins or release any sensitive info. (The screenshots didn't contain any useful info.) The worst he's done is convince some people to send him a little money. I advise restraint, especially since we don't know for sure whether this kid actually is the hacker. I haven't seen much evidence of that.

Thanks for being the voice of reason!

+1

If anything, it sounds like we as a community sort of lucked out that this kid wasn't smart enough or nefarious enough to do what could have been done in this situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:15:20 AM

The experiment is complete, there is no way to stop it now.
The pattern has imprinted itself indelibly into every facet of our society.
Creating the very rights and responsaBilities that were taken away from us
At the beginning of the internet revolution. All the centralized services that stopped us from conducting business in the manner that it had been done for millenias; the right to conduct business as one sees fit free from interference or eaves dropping from outside forces. The internet will soon be free in all facets of human society; a copy of the real non-digital world. It's all about returning power to the people, isn't that what democracy is?

Satoshi's work is done and we are completing the pattern throughout the internet. It is the realization of the singularity, the combined might of free minds and awesome computing power communicating. Share your ideas and our combined skills and resources are going launch us into a Golden age as soon as we can get a smart phone into every human beings hand.

Researching this breach proves it, the community is speaking, exploring together.

Satoshi's part is done, there is nothing more that voice can tell us.
We complete the system now, let's get all 7 billion people online ASAP, with all the trimmings banking, commerce, research and access to resources possible.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:21:36 AM

what if this *WAS* satoshi?

Anyone who has knowledge of satoshi knows he's pulled people's legs before.

Just sayin'

huh? you have any links for that? i've never heard about satoshi pranking anyone. i've sifted through his posts, and they were usually about technical things. it seems he did not leave many traces of his personality, which is something a smart person would do.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

You guys ever think about leaving this kid alone?  Because if I was him at this point with everyone knowing me I think I would sign a $10-25k deal with Newsweek to Dox Satoshi to just be even more of a dick.

You leave the kid alone he might end up leaving Satoshi alone if he does have his info.

obviously this is the dumbass kids mate piping in while he cuddles the accused sad kid crying in his bedroom.

If Ross Ulbricht is being charged with planning to kill someone via a hitman surly this kid should be aswell for the threats made against Thymos

This ^^ 100 %  . Lets be fair here.

I have no idea who this kid but sometimes things are just better let go, I don't know what this info from the email contained but maybe it's good just letting it be.

As for making threats against Theymos, I don't know what was said but I would think Theymos possibly needs to be more worried about the US government and holding the funds for this site here than a hacker kid.

Shut the fuck up. Go tell your buddy he stirred the wrong hornets nest. We,  as a whole, take this very seriously
Why do you think it is necessary to take this so seriously? He did not do any real damage. If anything he gave the community a little bit on entertainment.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:29:37 AM

Aww shit... this kid just shat on the wrong white hats...

Man these were gold!  Cheesy

lol glad you enjoyed

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
WASPJoe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:54:43 AM

what if this *WAS* satoshi?

Anyone who has knowledge of satoshi knows he's pulled people's legs before.

Just sayin'

huh? you have any links for that? i've never heard about satoshi pranking anyone. i've sifted through his posts, and they were usually about technical things. it seems he did not leave many traces of his personality, which is something a smart person would do.

let me try to dig up the quotes left around here from others. they are old so give me some time.

the tl;dr of is that it's suspected that a few of the old trolls were satoshi having fun.

but I could be wrong (although I highly doubt it)

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:25:48 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 04:45:53 AM by traincarswreck

also...there's this guy...who's been touring the world since 1995 (when szabo started blogging), talking about a new concept of money that might force the governments to bow to the peoples demands in relation to a more stable inflation rate. Super good at encryption knowledge and math.  Really good at game theory too because they invented our solutions for it (bitcoin is about equilibrium game theory right?). One time they re wrote our understanding of economics but it took us 40 years to realize it (bitcoin has been 5 but the talks around the world have been 20?). They had to go into confinement for claiming they had the solution to governments colluding against the people. Super smart guy, like Szabo and Satoshi, only I feel like there is only one person at this magnitude of intelligence (why do we feel like there is 5?). Once time they wrote the government explaining they could create an effectively undecryptable encryption, also in another letter wrote about how a highly parallel computer system could function in a decentralized fashion...was over 50 years ago though....  

the tl;dr of is that it's suspected that a few of the old trolls were satoshi having fun.

but I could be wrong (although I highly doubt it)
This person I am thinking of also has been described as "a world class troll" with an internet addiciton by some that have brushed paths with them irl.  

I dunno, here's some quotes from their website:

"I am speaking about a research project that is not fully complete since I have not yet written up and submitted for publication any paper or papers describing the work. Also the details of what axioms to use and how to select the basic set theory underlying the hierarchical extension to be constructed are not fully crystallized. I have also a great fear of possible error in studying topics in this area. It is not rare, historically, for systems to be proposed that are either inconsistent or that have unexpected weaknesses. So I feel that I must be cautious and proceed without rushing to a goal. And this psychology of fear has also inhibited me from consulting other persons expert in logic before I could feel that I had gotten my own ideas into good shape."

"This memorandum concerns some ideas for new designs of the control system in high-speed digital computers. The ideas are yet in an immature and rather unspecific form, but this is a subject that deserves some attention and thought for the future. Indeed the idea is more or less futuristic and is more appropriate for the "electronic brains" of the future than for the computers now used, or under construction, or even planned. The basic idea is simple. Instead of having a single control unit sequencing the operations of the machine in series (except for certain subsidiary operations as certain input and output functions) as is now done, the idea is to decentralize control with several different control units capable of directing various simultaneous operations and interrelating them when appropriate."

This man fills every single one of satoshi's markers and more, rewrote economy already, defined the encryption race 50 years ago, and has been touring the world talking about a new kind of money technology and how it is going to give the peoples the power vs government money printing schemes.  

“That is how Sherlock Holmes would do it – look for the pattern aided by an author who already knew the answer.” – Ted Nelson
we have we may become irrational in thinking about it and fail to be able to reason about it like about a technology, such as radio, to be
used more or less efficiently.

And so the various currencies managed with "inflation targeting" would be comparable
by users or observers
who would be able to form opinions about the quality of the currencies.
And what I want to suggest is that "the public" or the users, those for whom a medium of
exchange functions as a basic utility, may develop opinions that are critical of currencies of
lower "value quality"
...like now the euro, the dollar, the yen, the pound, the swiss franc, the swedish kronor, etc. can be viewed with critical eyes by their
users and by those who may have the option of whether or not or how to use one of them.
This can lead to pressure for good quality and consequently for a lessened rate of inflationary depreciation in value.

We can legitimately wonder how the speediness of its adoption or delays in its adoption
might affect the policies operating to control the actual exchange value...
the authority behind the euro is of the "paper money" character
in that nothing is really guaranteed as far as the value of the euro is concerned. But this is
typical of all currencies used in the world nowadays.
The Keynesians implicitly always have the argument that some good managers can do
things of beneficial value, operating with the treasury and the central bank, and that it is
not needed or appropriate for the citizenry or the "customers" of the currency supplied by
the state to actually understand...
I see this as analogous to how the "Bolshevik communists"... in that while they have claimed to be operating for
high and noble objectives
of general welfare what is clearly true is that they have made it
easier for governments to "print money".

...a process of political evolution might lead to the expectation on the
part of citizens in the "great democracies" that they should be better situated to be able
to understand whatever will be the monetary policies which, indeed, are typically of great
importance to citizens who may have alternative options for where to place their "savings".

We know who Satoshi is, nothing is hidden it's all in plain view. It makes 100% perfect sense, each line ....NOW....20 years ago when the lecture was given, it was complete gibberish...how do you explain to a world population that everything is different now because what you are about to do?  How do you break it to them slowly before they rip you apart out of fear?

traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:38:54 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 04:49:51 AM by traincarswreck

Edit - WTF does Nick Szabo have to do with this Huh .
Already told you, those that are familiar with "Szabo's" works already know.  Bitcoin was not a whim, it was decades of contemplation and study and advancements of the systems needed for its implementation.  Szabo's blog is that vast encyclopedia of puzzle pieces put together that finally point to the implementation of the solution. It covers right down to the invention of the time keeping devices that changed our culture and the value of it up until the creation of bitcoin.  So much past history and technology covered just to explain what we have today.

Whoever created bitcoin knew they had to become a lawyer to make sure it was fully created above law.  "Lawyer" Nick Szabo describes also the entire significant history of law right up until the non delegation doctrine and the implications that are above our national constitutions.  He taught us all how to be lawyers, because you need this to be free.

Lecture (apparently not from szabo or satoshi):
The special commodity or medium that we call money has a long and interesting history.

Although money itself is merely an artifact of practical usefulness in human societies
and/or civilizations,
there are some traditional or popular views associating money with sin
or immorality or unethical or unjust behavior.
Retweed by Szabo:

Szabo on the history of money from the nakamoto institute
http://nakamotoinstitute.org/shelling-out/

Szabo "came up with" the technology that will become ethereum, smart contracts, contingent on Satoshi's work he never knew would be produced?  Smart contracts come about because bitcoin is the beginning of the completion of a Kula ring, a unifying solution that bridges among other things, game theory, encryption, economics, finance, programming, and law... there are not multiple random people capable of this...

Every line from the cryptic lecture "ideal money" has a linking paper from szabo's blog.  http://sites.stat.psu.edu/~babu/nash/money.pdf  http://unenumerated.blogspot.ca/

You have to read it all though, you can't just "not" read it, and then judge.

traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:04:34 AM

^ make a off topic thread and we can meet you there so we don't spam up theymos's thread.
No I don't generally like the attitudes here.

New topic, this old topic is dead, this kid doesn't know shit, and hes not getting any extent of the law thrown at them. All they did was stir up the media and the community.

I just put up evidence of the man that fits every single MO known for "satoshi" including the old saying "bloody"

Prove it wrong... I could put up 100 pieces of corroboration in 10 mins. Time Zone, intelligence knowledge, history with Rand and the Nsa, and 20 years of touring the world telling us this was going to happen.

Why we accuse all these people, even Thomas Edison, Dorian Nakamoto, CIA, all these people, when we have someone with the exact perfect background touring the world taking about "ideal money"?

All these people that don't fit, we chase them to the end of the earth...the person that obviously fits and is obviously capable, and has been talking about the decentralization of our monetary systems for the past 20 years...we just think....naw...no way it could be....

Satoshi Nakamoto spells his name.

I am Nash Sato Koto.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:18:55 AM

These new guy posts make me want to unread them.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:21:28 AM

And so Satoshi stays hidden, not from the government but the people. I've read Szabo's works and the papers I refer too, you have not. Also stop picking on people because they are different.
beetcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:28:32 AM

And so Satoshi stays hidden, not from the government but the people. I've read Szabo's works and the papers I refer too, you have not. Also stop picking on people because they are different.

but what's the point in calling this to attention? he obviously does not want to be in the public eye.
traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:49:08 AM

^Does he have a connection to Tatsuaki Okamoto. I've tied the other usual suspects to his 1986-2009 body of work. I'm sure he was influenced by John Nash also.

http://www.academia.edu/2686032/Running_on_Karma-P2P_Reputation_and_Currency_Systems

http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/%7Eley/pers/hd/o/Okamoto:Tatsuaki.html

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/1002804/tatsuaki-okamoto
I can't know because your references are new to me.  Shinchini did attend Princeton though, don't know if its relevant, maybe even project xanadu is.  The risk time of "bitcion" is over imo.  There was a period where the person or person that knew about it had to implement it in a way that it caught on before the general public was able to construct a concerted fear about it and stamp it out before it got to enough key people in the world that would never let it die.  It would have been an insanely crucial time, but I have to think by now, agencies of intelligence all know exactly who did what. But these agencies are made of people.

Now that the concept is firmly embedded in global society there can't be any stopping it, just hiccups along the way (or course I've heard developers absolutely hate this view since it ignores the insanely hard work they put into bitcoin).  But in 2009 the pdf was brought to the attention of certain communities with a citation to Wei Dai, which was simply a single title page of links to papers written by dei to give him credibility.   Among the links were "portals" to anonymous chat groups, where no doubt many "like" minded peoples found themselves going through a screening process they never knew was being done. Maybe someone told Dorian Nakamoto to check it out.  Maybe that reporter and many other professionals creating an ideal network where each person retains plausible dependability for any aspect.

Dai was a portal. 

The candidates you have don't live in the proper time zone, the don't have the natural english or reason to use the word "bloody", they haven't been touring the world telling nations we need to think of money like electricity.  The haven't foretold the ending of keysian money printing era.  They don't have a history of running around the world saying the governments are colluding against the people and he's going to liberate us. 

But we could do this all a lot faster if we just saw all this and just collectively take a look at what is going on in the world today in relation to the lecture ideal money...and even if he's not satoshi we should probably pay attention to the man that was "right" again!
traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:58:56 AM

but what's the point in calling this to attention? he obviously does not want to be in the public eye.
I must speak contingent on me being right.  If I am wrong then whoever satoshi is, may want to be hidden.  If I am right, he's not hidden, none of it is hidden.  Of course that is why I would say I know.  But again, ive never had someone say "ive read all that your wrong".  I think its split into so many "parts" the average "bitcoiner" does not know of them all.  Who here knows that this man from the movie "a beautiful mind" has been touring the world talking about the end of the keynesian system of printing money?

Its just a lecture on the net "ideal money" where he stands up and says "money should be decentralized and I have a way of doing it, and so I predict it to be so".

Competing currency in terms of their printing schedules, where the citizens get the option to vote and put pressure on their governments.

It's not hidden, its just strange.

And its the peoples, collectively that need to wake up this, because if its true, we can now collectively DECIDE to take the advice prescribed in the lecture. We don't need to "fight" and "wait", there is actually an accelerant-it was created by the unexploitable man.

Sorry to disrupt this thread, I just don't understand how this cannot be significant, and why some little punk kid is...whatever taught us we can't unfold freedom was wrong. No need to destroy anyone's life, but simply to give credit where credit is due.  No one is really frantically looking for this person,

I should say, after searching through both these persons names JN and SN, they are both very loved by the world, and its been incredible reading everyone's thoughts and hearts on both.

beetcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:08:32 AM

I must speak contingent on me being right.  If I am wrong then whoever satoshi is, may want to be hidden.  If I am right, he's not hidden, none of it is hidden.  Of course that is why I would say I know.  But again, ive never had someone say "ive read all that your wrong".  I think its split into so many "parts" the average "bitcoiner" does not know of them all.  Who here knows that this man from the movie "a beautiful mind" has been touring the world talking about the end of the keynesian system of printing money?

Its just a lecture on the net "ideal money" where he stands up and says "money should be decentralized and I have a way of doing it, and so I predict it to be so".

Competing currency in terms of their printing schedules, where the citizens get the option to vote and put pressure on their governments.

It's not hidden, its just strange.

And its the peoples, collectively that need to wake up this, because if its true, we can now collectively DECIDE to take the advice prescribed in the lecture. We don't need to "fight" and "wait", there is actually an accelerant-it was created by the unexploitable man.

Sorry to disrupt this thread, I just don't understand how this cannot be significant, and why some little punk kid is...whatever taught us we can't unfold freedom was wrong. No need to destroy anyone's life, but simply to give credit where credit is due.  No one is really frantically looking for this person,

I should say, after searching through both these persons names JN and SN, they are both very loved by the world, and its been incredible reading everyone's thoughts and hearts on both.

it may be obvious to you, but there are plenty people who disagree. the main point is that if you are indeed right about who satoshi really is, then you are going against a person's own wish for privacy. and the reason why it seems like you're doing it? probably because you have an impulsive need to be right.
traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:20:11 AM

it may be obvious to you, but there are plenty people who disagree. the main point is that if you are indeed right about who satoshi really is, then you are going against a person's own wish for privacy. and the reason why it seems like you're doing it? probably because you have an impulsive need to be right.
I appreciate and understand what you point to, and it might be in some way such a person would want that respect.  But this particular person it means something else.  Something that others might not immediately see.  It means for one there is a giant dam, change, cracking....ready to burst.  

It also means that evolution was meant to eventually naturally bring about this solution, for example if you had infinite planets some x% would evolve to a "currency" that was universal like bitcoin, this part of the significant of "shelling out" by Szabo (the history of money).  It means that competition WAS the norm, but as this new type of "money" progresses towards "ideality" we begin to naturally accelerate towards cooperation.

If you programmed life to survive a planet from the smallest for, you would make it competitive until it has evolved to a point where is could "hyper-transact" between all individuals within the world.  Bitcoin isn't a toy in this way, its a complete paradigm shift, much like learning the world isn't flat.  Only our society has to deal with a greater change in a shorter period of time.

It's a mind shock, but as soon as we realize the truth of it all, we can work together to instantly implement it.  People say bitcoin will take over within 10 or 20 years.  Smart contracts are the wave of the "future".  But I think these people don't realize the inevitability of "ideal money" being discovered as the greatest lecture given of all time.  Maybe I'm wrong, but we should understand if i am correct...

this man has just ROCKED the academic world, on many many subjects, for the 2nd time.  

While waiting for the implementation of bitcoin, Szabo, Dai, and a few other posts I might have found have been writing about the future of our society based on bitcoin (written before it was created), and so the plans and direction are already all set, which is something one could do if they had 10 or 20 years to think about its post-implementation.

You see I care if I am correct, only because we are awaiting great and instantaneous change if we can embrace all this collectively.
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:20:30 AM

Coming late to the party it seems.

Is there a good summary somewhere what happened since yesterday?

Was it a hox?
Did someone find that hacker?
Who's that kid that got doxed?
And by whom?
traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:34:05 AM

Coming late to the party it seems.

Is there a good summary somewhere what happened since yesterday?

Was it a hox?
Did someone find that hacker?
Who's that kid that got doxed?
And by whom?

The kid is bs, he doest have shit, the media is rigged and terribad.  We decided we are going to take Dr. Nash's advice:

We of Terra could be taught how to have ideal monetary systems if wise and benevolent extraterrestrials were to take us in hand and administer our national money systems... A possible non political basis for a value standard

We can see that times could change, especially if a “miracle energy source were found...
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:36:41 AM

^ kid did it. Found and Doxed. Greaterninga found hacker and put info out.
18 hour start to finish. Also had BCT member copy hackers ransom link and add his own address but got caught.

http://pastebin.de/125559

http://pastebin.ru/201cAY9S

But the question remains: did he get access to SN's real email account,
and did he discover his real identity? Is that known?

traincarswreck

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:50:18 AM

^ kid did it. Found and Doxed. Greaterninga found hacker and put info out.
18 hour start to finish. Also had BCT member copy hackers ransom link and add his own address but got caught.

http://pastebin.de/125559

http://pastebin.ru/201cAY9S

But the question remains: did he get access to SN's real email account,
and did he discover his real identity? Is that known?

really?

#You no longer care about some punk kid#

We are talking about changing the world in a day. Let's all do: "Ideal Money".

It's a complete instruction set.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: