Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GlobalBoost® Media – Decentralized Media Network -> $BSTY  (Read 630196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GlobalBoost (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:34:22 PM

Hello,
We have survived a malicious attack by a cyber terrorist.  I have deleted all of the attackers posts to help protect the company.  I will have more updates soon.

Bruce Porter, Jr.
CEO GloablBoost Ltd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoJames

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:14:19 PM

I found this $BSTY mining calculator by Bitmakler showing profitability calculations in Dollars and Rubles.  Let's talk "dollars & cents".  
The price of $BSTY has certainly been rising and will continue to gain value.
http://en.bitmakler.com/GlobalBoostY___mining

James Porter
Executive Director GlobalBoost
Top Sales Rep BMW
https://twitter.com/HardCoreAds

WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:00:15 PM

Good to see that NoncePool is not holding all the hash rate anymore.  We have a lot of great pools MPOS and P2P.  Please post some suggestions on what we can do to attract new miners.  A CPU giveaway or a desktop PC giveaway, any Reasonable Suggestions will be considered.

teastman1000

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

Hey tamara163.  Yeah we have been attacked by bstymaster.  bstdev is putting together a fix now.  The block reward will not increase or decrease it will stay the same.  bstymaster was not happy with our coin and decided to attack us, rather than be professional and post there concerns.  Once this is resolved everything should be re-enabled again at bittrex.

I'm sure it's hard to know exactly, so any approximate idea of when this might be resolved?
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:11:54 PM

Hey tamara163.  Yeah we have been attacked by bstymaster.  bstdev is putting together a fix now.  The block reward will not increase or decrease it will stay the same.  bstymaster was not happy with our coin and decided to attack us, rather than be professional and post there concerns.  Once this is resolved everything should be re-enabled again at bittrex.

I'm sure it's hard to know exactly, so any approximate idea of when this might be resolved?

It is hard to know.  bstdev believes he is close on a gpu miner.  This should help with securing the network and user participation.  GPU miner is being confronted on multiple fronts, we have had some private conversations with developers djm34 and MaxDZ8.  Estimates from GPU miner have been from 1 to 3 weeks. 

In the mean time, I would like to have a giveaway of a new CPU for some type of mining contest.  We are working to get the word out to come mine with us.  Any suggestions are welcome of course. 
CaptDavidPorter

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:34:10 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 04:11:01 AM by CaptDavidPorter

I spoke to Bruce earlier and I'm good for 1 bitcoin towards the GPU Miner

David Porter
https://twitter.com/PalmBeachHair

Hey tamara163.  Yeah we have been attacked by bstymaster.  bstdev is putting together a fix now.  The block reward will not increase or decrease it will stay the same.  bstymaster was not happy with our coin and decided to attack us, rather than be professional and post there concerns.  Once this is resolved everything should be re-enabled again at bittrex.

It is hard to know.  bstdev believes he is close on a gpu miner.  This should help with securing the network and user participation.  GPU miner is being confronted on multiple fronts, we have had some private conversations with developers djm34 and MaxDZ8.  Estimates from GPU miner have been from 1 to 3 weeks.  

In the mean time, I would like to have a giveaway of a new CPU for some type of mining contest.  We are working to get the word out to come mine with us.  Any suggestions are welcome of course.  

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:50:31 PM

David Porter

It is hard to know.  bstdev believes he is close on a gpu miner.  This should help with securing the network and user participation.  GPU miner is being confronted on multiple fronts, we have had some private conversations with developers djm34 and MaxDZ8.  Estimates from GPU miner have been from 1 to 3 weeks. 

In the mean time, I would like to have a giveaway of a new CPU for some type of mining contest.  We are working to get the word out to come mine with us.  Any suggestions are welcome of course. 

There is a GPU miner ?
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:53:20 PM

David Porter

There is a GPU miner ?

Soon we hope.  Some developers said they believe they can make one. We are hoping so.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:01:50 PM

David Porter

There is a GPU miner ?

Soon we hope.  Some developers said they believe they can make one. We are hoping so.

Maybe it's better to have a CPU-only mineable crypto. I mined this one for this.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 08:09:46 PM

David Porter

There is a GPU miner ?

Maybe it's better to have a CPU-only mineable crypto. I mined this one for this.

I agree with that, but we have had a hard time recruiting cpu miners.  Any help you can provide with cpu miners would be great.
bstdev

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:53:32 PM

I understand your position. but we need options over the table to protect the network. My initial setup was to create a coin similar to yacoin modifying on a schedule based the parameters n,t,r  and add a rom in RAM to make the coin much more GPU, FPGA and Asic Resistant. However, there is not much we can do if someone has a computer lab in a public university available just to attack the network.  in theory Mining with a GPU doesn't have any advantage than mining with a CPU. we need to prove that and take decision.

GlobalBoost-Y:  Y2bVk5gmxYHMt4Qkw8VSV5ewrgAi6nBjjj
CaptDavidPorter

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:28:21 PM

I'm in either way guys.  Whatever we need to do.  Botnet, GPU, or both #GlobalBoost

I understand your position. but we need options over the table to protect the network. My initial setup was to create a coin similar to yacoin modifying on a schedule based the parameters n,t,r  and add a rom in RAM to make the coin much more GPU, FPGA and Asic Resistant. However, there is not much we can do if someone has a computer lab in a public university available just to attack the network.  in theory Mining with a GPU doesn't have any advantage than mining with a CPU. we need to prove that and take decision.

Hello,
We have survived a malicious attack by a cyber terrorist.  I have deleted all of the attackers posts to help protect the company.  I will have more updates soon.

Bruce Porter, Jr.
CEO GloablBoost Ltd

I found this $BSTY mining calculator by Bitmakler showing profitability calculations in Dollars and Rubles.  Let's talk "dollars & cents". 
The price of $BSTY has certainly been rising and will continue to gain value.
http://en.bitmakler.com/GlobalBoostY___mining

James Porter
Top Sales Rep BMW
https://twitter.com/HardCoreAds

Good to see that NoncePool is not holding all the hash rate anymore.  We have a lot of great pools MPOS and P2P.  Please post some suggestions on what we can do to attract new miners.  A CPU giveaway or a desktop PC giveaway, any Reasonable Suggestions will be considered.

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:08:08 AM

Since I have been asked[1] to write about my position regarding BSTY and I found those legit questions I have decided to cross-post this in both the official and the "takeover" thread.

My interest in this coin stems from the unique algo. Due to life issues, I have been away from programming a couple of years and I really needed to update my skills to modern GPU methodologies. In theory I should be doing something more useful but since mining is a relatively compact problem it's a decent problem for starters.
I have kept an eye on it also because I like the idea of an existing company using an extra tool to grow. If they want to use the coin for profit and it turns out to be a good coin anyway, then we have common interest.

I am an occasional miner. Just to give you an idea, I have mined ~10k MYR in about a year. I don't think I hold any BSTY.
I might or might not mine it in the future, I got no plan. Sure no mining as you guys talk about it: I sell my extra electricity at an higher cost than you would consider "too high to mine".

It seems I have a feat for picking up coins which get screwed.

I had some feelings the hashrate was going low; I was honestly happy that was not my problem. I have difficulty understanding how changing the reward would change anything at this point. The value was nonsensically low last month anyway. I did read somewhere about the reward change; I don't consider it clearly broken even though I don't see much good reasons to do that. I am not against turning profit either so if this change rewarded early adopters more than it rewards current adopters... I cannot even tell if this is good or bad.
Has the BSTY team got "unfair profit" from this? I don't think so. I would have to look at the blockchain. In theory, I am not against that. It doesn't feel like DRK or BCN anyway.

[1] Probably due to being mentioned in this message. Let me be clear, I am mildly amused GPUs are called to the rescue. Everyone who thinks GPUs are "evil" of "nothing new" must have been living under a rock for the last 20 years (ignorant) or on Intel payroll (paid to talk shit).
That said, my miner has stronger priorities right now and I cannot estimate any timeframe for any eventual release including yescrypt even though I have some parts ready. Besides, having a 7750 I cannot offer any support to other models. Sure thing is the last pwxform isn't going to be fast it needs some bigger picture thinking.
bstymaster

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:58:45 PM

Thank you for your response! One of the few constructive ones I got so far.

I am an occasional miner. Just to give you an idea, I have mined ~10k MYR in about a year. I don't think I hold any BSTY.
that's exactly the kind of miner a cpu coin needs. just that it needs 100,000's of them.

I sell my extra electricity at an higher cost than you would consider "too high to mine".
not sure exactly what you mean by that. you would mine even if your costs are higher than your reward?
with cpu it's good that your only cost is the electric bill, the computer is not a cost, as you already use it for other purposes.

It seems I have a feat for picking up coins which get screwed.
It's not you! I had the same feeling over and over until I came up with a theory.
Some coins get screwed from the start. That's for sure.
But all coins get screwed eventually because of the deflationary model.  Or at least that's my theory.
The faster the deflate, the sooner they'll be doomed. BSTY is a great example of this.
So wait, did I just make a blasphemy here? I think so! It's like the cryptobible says that inflation is the doom of normal money, and their deflationary model is the solution. WRONG!

Let me explain why:
The faster a coin reduces reward, the more obvious the following effect will be.
At start there is the highest block reward, and the lowest hashpower.
So the early miners will get tons of coins, at a very very low cost. So there it is: inflation right from the start. The bitcoin model fails to reduce inflation, it simply puts inflation right there from the beginning.
The only way not to fail now is that these early miners will pretend they never mined the coin at all, and never sell it. This is absurd and insane. Ultimately people need money and will sell some of it.

So my workaround to this problem is to have the block reward proportional to the difficulty. This creates inflation still, however it changes the holders of these inflated coin. You will get inflated coins, but for higher hashpower, so there is a minimum amount you'd be willing to sell for. You need to compensate for electric costs, so this will help. I'm not sure if it eventually works out, but at least it's a workaround for the initial inflation issue. I'd say it's better to give many coins to people who invested lots of electricity than to the first people. There is no good reason why the early miners should have it all, not at all. This is simply PONZI and that's why all of them fail.

Real money works with inflation too, their inflation mechanism may be different than what I'm proposing but they do work better than cryptocoins.

My inflation mechanism is similar to farming. If more people start farming wheat, more flour will be produced. That's what happens in real world. So either the flour price drops, or the demand increases and then is successful.

I had some feelings the hashrate was going low; I was honestly happy that was not my problem. I have difficulty understanding how changing the reward would change anything at this point. The value was nonsensically low last month anyway. I did read somewhere about the reward change; I don't consider it clearly broken even though I don't see much good reasons to do that. I am not against turning profit either so if this change rewarded early adopters more than it rewards current adopters... I cannot even tell if this is good or bad.
Has the BSTY team got "unfair profit" from this? I don't think so. I would have to look at the blockchain. In theory, I am not against that. It doesn't feel like DRK or BCN anyway.

They haven't got the unfair profit, because I stopped them when they were just about to get it. That's why they're mad at me.
But I haven't created the problem, I just exposed it. Having low hashpower is the problem, and is the result of their reward structure.
Their profit relied on nobody exposing it, and I'm sure they didn't even realize they had the problem in the first place. You did, but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

If a GPU miner can be made for this coin, then it's a good thing to make it, it simply exposes that this is not a cpu coin. Or if the performance advantage is not so big, then it will be a CPU/GPU coin.

GPU coins are ultimately evil because it moves mining from the average user to the professional miners, therefore creating centralization, and making it possible for a single entity to have over 51%.
With CPU mining a professional miner cannot compete with the casual user, who has the hardware for free, he only pays the electric bill for mining. But for the casual user to get  in and make a difference, a lot of them have to join in. So there must be a reward higher than the electricity cost. This is hardly the case with BSTY and not really the case with any other coins either.
If there would always be some profit for the casual user, then millions will eventually join in, making it the most secure coin ever created.

So yeah, lets increase the reward, that's the only solution, GPU or not. Also minimum reward that makes sense is 347, but I advocate to experiment with higher reward, let's see what happens.
It must attract many miners, therefore it will have a strong hashpower. Miners ultimately give value to the coin, so we may actually see a coin value increase.
Other thing that can give value to a coin would be anonymity, I also proposed it and am willing to code it.

Anyhow, I started this takeover thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1016617.0;all

This message will probably be deleted shortly after posting by your beloved Mr. Bruce Porter Jr.
Highgod

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:55:05 PM

Are there any plans for the return of the Global Boost Y in Bittrex?

Well i know that there was a 51% attack by "bstymaster" and that generated upsets everyone and problems for the currency, I know it was an action considered by all the wrong part of it, but we can see that the bright side or had some discussion that we do not take the no one place.We that occurred the attack and we have to focus on the goal not to deviate by disagreements despite having knowledge of being a difficult and bad situation .anyway, we have a problem and how we will fix it? or rather how do we do to prevent this  not happening anymore and yet what we will do to change the situation? as soon as we can we will return to operate and transactions will return to normal in Exchange Bitterex? have to do something today to win tomorrow.I got ideas and projects already written that can bring innovation and development ever seen in this vast universe of Crypto-Currencies and I want these ideas and projects are executed by BSTY, reach levels that never reached any other currency, but we need to do something now to change this situation and do what is necessary to we rise again, with a stronger and broader base security, we must disclose more Yescrypt mining show the advantages and bring thousands of miners to have more hashpower.however we can not forget that we need to follow steps to get to the larger goal that is to raise value of coin.First we can think and act quickly would be like I said before.the attack happened and there is no changing what already happened,it's happened, but now how do we do for this not happen ever again? the solution would be to think about on the proposal of "bstymaster"? I don't know, it would follow as is and wait for something to happen? review the codes using bitcoin system similar to and / or improve on what can be changed to not destabilize currency and make it even stronger? explore more with intensive marketing in various means of communication and dissemination related platform Crypto-Currencies? I do not know you have more experience and knowledge but I know one thing needs to be done now something as quickly as possible, because I believe that will be BSTY the future of money the strongest currency ever seen but we need to put discord out of here and get on point where it can move forward as a whole and throughout the system Is necessary in the first instance back with the transaction volume terms before we enter in fall free.
We want digital gold, so we have to shape it now.

I am convenient Miner and also invest with what I can in BSTY.

Adept the Crypto-Currencies and GlobalBoosty Enthusiast.

Thanks a lot for your attention.
Victor.

bstymaster

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:35:04 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 09:56:29 PM by bstymaster

Victor,

I am repeating myself, but the solution is simple, from this universe, planet Earth.

Increase block reward, at least to 347. But if you want action, increase it even more.  They are on the false assumption that miners will then dump, but miners can't dump below the electricity cost, so there's a floor price in my inflationary scenario.

If you are an investor/trader buy from miners at about the electricity cost, and put sell orders higher. And you will profit!

It does not appeal to ponzi gamblers, you can't really buy coins and after an year sell at 100x, but you already know what the floor price is so you can constantly be making 5-10% on your trades, with little risk of dumping.
CaptDavidPorter

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:18:07 AM

Are there any plans for the return of the Global Boost Y in Bittrex?

Well i know that there was an attack that generated upsets everyone and problems for the currency, I know it was an action considered by all the wrong part of it, but we can see that the bright side or had some discussion that we do not take the no one place.We that occurred the attack and we have to focus on the goal not to deviate by disagreements despite having knowledge of being a difficult and bad situation .anyway, we have a problem and how we will fix it? or rather how do we do to prevent this  not happening anymore and yet what we will do to change the situation? as soon as we can we will return to operate and transactions will return to normal in Exchange Bitterex? have to do something today to win tomorrow.I got ideas and projects already written that can bring innovation and development ever seen in this vast universe of Crypto-Currencies and I want these ideas and projects are executed by BSTY, reach levels that never reached any other currency, but we need to do something now to change this situation and do what is necessary to we rise again, with a stronger and broader base security, we must disclose more Yescrypt mining show the advantages and bring thousands of miners to have more hashpower.however we can not forget that we need to follow steps to get to the larger goal that is to raise value of coin.First we can think and act quickly would be like I said before.the attack happened and there is no changing what already happened,it's happened, but now how do we do for this not happen ever again? the solution would be to think about on the proposal of "bstymaster"? I don't know, it would follow as is and wait for something to happen? review the codes using bitcoin system similar to and / or improve on what can be changed to not destabilize currency and make it even stronger? explore more with intensive marketing in various means of communication and dissemination related platform Crypto-Currencies? I do not know you have more experience and knowledge but I know one thing needs to be done now something as quickly as possible, because I believe that will be BSTY the future of money the strongest currency ever seen but we need to put discord out of here and get on point where it can move forward as a whole and throughout the system Is necessary in the first instance back with the transaction volume terms before we enter in fall free.
We want digital gold, so we have to shape it now.

I am convenient Miner and also invest with what I can in BSTY.

Adept the Crypto-Currencies and GlobalBoosty Enthusiast.

Thanks a lot for your attention.
Victor.

Thank you for your comments Victor,

We have top men working on it right now.      

Highgod

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:57:45 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 10:26:19 AM by Highgod

there is some news ?

I was see another coins volume miner,trading ,and i research,analyze,studied and think so much about all is happening with BSTY; and after makes this i see than maybe bstymaster is right or not so wrong.

because analysing some coins and model i see than the value of them happen. i see  they have a just only two things: this reward and way to make one Coin become will be bitcoins in comparisson level and In trade.
they have a lot of miners and trade in exchanges maybe the solution is change the reward as bstymaster said and  stay only with CPU mining like all coin can still alive for years without a be one passing wave begun.

PS:how much you increase the reward,more miners come and more trade volume we had and ist will be open the doors to we inovate the crypto-curreny universe with things this don't have.I had ideais for this,but first we need to grown.TO MOON... (It's after studied and analized i can confirm).

Maybe after then the coin have high value and "diff" be so hard we can made in right time GPU mining happening's and after, with the pass of diff and more hard it will be, we can join with asics antminers just like a bitcoin and litecoins just to ensure the permanancy and stability of this coin in the market.

thanks for your attention.

and sorry if is be a stupid thing a purpose to, but i just wanna help and i think than any ideas is maybe  the light of we need.

Victor.

CPUcoins

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:50:52 PM

Any updates happening?  I would like my coins off bittrex.

Any strategy or roadmap for coin? How does the "social tool" work with making crypto better? Security of the chain is #1 what is being done?
bstdev

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:20:22 PM

Hi Guys,

we have been working very hard this last week to find a solution to the problem we had.  By the moment we have updated the wallet code to enable an automatic checkpoint feature that will prevent any future 51% attack.

we are leading two github repository

source from here: https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoost-Y/releases
Or here:
https://github.com/GlobalBoost/GlobalBoostY/releases

In Addition, we are working to get a Yescrypt GPU miner asap. we think that adding a GPU miner will attract more miners and  will reduce the coin vulnerability. 

Apart from this, I am testing the latest bitcoin wallet 0.10.0  and I am developing a new BSTY wallet based on this code. this is for some merchants that are requesting some specific BIP.

If we want to succeed we need to work very hard every day to overcome obstacles.  I am really open to discuss new ideas to attract more miners, investors and merchants. we hope to be back on bittrex and C-Cex this week. but getting accepted on all others exchanges is also important.

GlobalBoost-Y:  Y2bVk5gmxYHMt4Qkw8VSV5ewrgAi6nBjjj
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: