Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 03:42:18 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DMG Minning Pool varriables  (Read 596 times)
Sarno

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 06:44:31 PM

Ok I'm trying to pick between DMG pools. I read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497.0 but it just made my head swim.

Could someone tell me from a miners perspective if higher or lower is better for these variables?

f - Fixed fee.   - I'm guessing lower the better?
c - Average variable fee. -Same with this one?
o - Cross-round leakage.  - Haven't a clue.

Also does ping to a pools address play a factor in anything?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 07:45:54 PM

Ok I'm trying to pick between DMG pools. I read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497.0 but it just made my head swim.

Could someone tell me from a miners perspective if higher or lower is better for these variables?

f - Fixed fee.   - I'm guessing lower the better?
c - Average variable fee. -Same with this one?
o - Cross-round leakage.  - Haven't a clue.

Also does ping to a pools address play a factor in anything?
The most important factor is (1-f)*(1-c) which is the average payout rate. But that's a non-issue since AFAIK most or all currently existing DGM pools are free so they will have (1-f)(1-c)=1.

If the above is fixed, you'll want c to be as high as possible. o depends on your preferences and on the value of c. For fixed c, lower o means payments arrive faster but are more variable.

High ping can increase your invalid shares rate.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Sarno

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 08:12:04 PM

Thanks! you're awesome
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.