Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: George's Famous Baklava  (Read 6737 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:12:11 AM

just placed an order of regular and chocolate. I'll post a review as soon as i get it. I'll probably enjoy some medical marijuana and then consume the entire order, but oh well..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mandrik

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:15:10 AM

Maybe I should make some potlava. Tongue

Thanks for the order! Cheesy

-Mandrik
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 11:41:35 AM

Thanks for the kind words! I've been selling baklava online for 2.5 years. I had a lot of people asking if I'd accept BTCs, and I finally got that all setup early this year. I'm glad I did!

Yes, I invented deep fried baklava after my friend & business partner suggested it. It's some pretty crazy stuff to eat, lol, so come to PorcFest and try some! We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue

Hey Mandrik,

I love hearing about you on Free Talk Live as well and hope to make it to Porcfest to try some of that yummy stuff.

You should also post yourself for free on our "Places that accept bitcoin" page at http://spendbitcoins.com/places.

Mandrik

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:34:41 PM

I haven't killed anyone yet from my cooking and I'm pretty sure I haven't made anyone sick, either. Wink

PF will be a blast this year! We'll be in the main pavilion and we've upgraded our cooking equipment. The menu will also be expanded including paleo/low carb friendly foods! It should be a great time, as always. Cheesy Oh, and thanks for the tip, Jeremy! I took your advice and posted there.

-Mandrik
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:36:10 PM

I haven't killed anyone yet from my cooking and I'm pretty sure I haven't made anyone sick, either. Wink

PF will be a blast this year! We'll be in the main pavilion and we've upgraded our cooking equipment. The menu will also be expanded including paleo/low carb friendly foods! It should be a great time, as always. Cheesy Oh, and thanks for the tip, Jeremy! I took your advice and posted there.

I'd totally buy a couple orders of potlava.....and when I get diabetes I'll send you the medical bills Wink
Mandrik

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

I do personal chef work & housecleaning for a living and I always take the proper measures to make sure my cooking area is as sanitary as possible. I also make sure to keep my hands clean. I've established a solid reputation for my work and I think that's because I'm very serious about what I do. I want people to love what I cook. I don't get repeat business if my customers are getting sick or think my food is awful. To me any time I'm cooking it's "serious business," but I still have a lot of fun. Wink

-Mandrik
Mandrik

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:30:10 PM

Nyaaan, I agree that one should be cautious when buying food online or offline. While I certainly don't want to get sick from eating food that contains e. coli or some other bacteria/virus, I also don't want to eat foods that contain harmful ingredients. I rarely go out to restaurants because I want to make sure the ingredients are fresh and of the highest quality. My diet is extremely important to me (I actually eat a paleo diet) as is my physical & mental health. I encourage anyone thinking about buying my baklava to do some research. Check out my eBay feedback, ask questions here, or talk to me directly. I would say the same about any restaurant or online food vendor. Know what you are putting in your body before you consume it. Smiley

-Mandrik
Mandrik

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:41:13 PM

I also value authenticity and I felt very confused when I read your post. If what you said was true I'd want to do everything I possibly could to make sure that never happened again. I've sold hundreds of pans of baklava over the past three years and I never once had someone say it made them sick or they had it tested and it came back with e. coli. Because I'm an agorist my business is built on my reputation. Would you be willing to clarify your original statement to clear up any confusion?

-Mandrik
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 02:27:02 AM

Finally, after just hearing everyone else rave about it, I just placed an order. With bitcoin it was a cakewalk.

Hopefully this thread resulted in a surge of orders, although I am wondering how much bitcoin business the site was doing up to this point. (Enough to bring the owner here, I suppose.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 02:36:10 AM

Finally, after just hearing everyone else rave about it, I just placed an order. With bitcoin it was a cakewalk.

Hopefully this thread resulted in a surge of orders, although I am wondering how much bitcoin business the site was doing up to this point. (Enough to bring the owner here, I suppose.)

One day I had an epiphany. I was like....I bet this guy could make a killing here. I knew the baklava was very good and his process looked perfect.

So I emailed him and told him he should join the forum. And now here we are Smiley
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:27:10 PM

Just got my 3lbs of baklava. Tossed in the fridge because the florida heat is not too kind, but it held up just fine.

Thanks Mandrik!
Mandrik

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:07:47 AM

You got it! Yeah, it tastes better chilled anyway. Cheesy

-Mandrik
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 05:56:28 PM

Mine just arrived, and it's delicious! Shocked
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 08:43:12 PM

my 3lbs = gone Sad

i guess ill order more.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 05:05:00 PM

Just have to throw in my review: I recently had some of George's baklava, and it was absolutely delicious. I shared with friends, and everyone who tried it loved it (well, a couple of folks only admitted to merely liking it, but funny enough they've been asking when I'm ordering more. Grin)

I can't resist, I'm going to have to place another order....

Also: I tried it warm, and I tried it chilled. I should have trusted the baker on this, warm is good, but chilled is so much better.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 05:47:10 PM

Also: I tried it warm, and I tried it chilled. I should have trusted the baker on this, warm is good, but chilled is so much better.

Deep fried. Seriously.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 06:10:57 PM

Deep fried. Seriously.

I'll bet.

Too bad I can't make it to Porcfest. Sad

Mandrik

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:11:43 AM

Thank you so much for the kind words! Cheesy I'm glad you all enjoyed the baklava.

-Mandrik
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:44:41 AM

yum, i want to try that chocolate baklava , too bad only U.S

Pay me for the intl shipping and I'll order for you and ship to your home country. This stuff is THAT good.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:59:55 AM

yum, i want to try that chocolate baklava , too bad only U.S

Pay me for the intl shipping and I'll order for you and ship to your home country. This stuff is THAT good.

Can you give me a quote to Valencia, Venezuela?. The only thing is that I doubt it will get on time here, before it gets rotten  Cry
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: