Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple & Bitcoin  (Read 1986 times)
Champ92 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

☯YIN YANG KING☯

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:01:20 AM

So, with Apple Pay now on the hands of consumers, is there any possibility that Apple embraces bitcoin in the near future?

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:11:18 AM

im gonna say no. Apple will kick and scream to the moon! in time.. all in time.
Champ92 (OP)

Activity: 112

☯YIN YANG KING☯

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:21:01 AM

How can you say that?  Huh

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:27:37 AM

noone from big companies need to embrace bitcoin, bitcoin will own on his own
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:49:36 AM

How can you say that?  Huh

I'm not sure what you mean. Thats just my opinion. I hope to wake up tomorrow with the news of  "apple is now accepting bitcoin!!" but i just don't see it happening. They will be one of the last adopters, imo

gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:25:35 AM

Apple and bitcoin are sitting at the opposite end when it comes to philosophy regarding technology, I doubt we will see that day.
Moneyunmaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:20:46 PM

Unlikely, apparently is not related to BTC. I think Apple is going to tank very soon.
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:25:22 PM

I very much doubt Apple will ever integrate bitcoin. Just doesn't seem to be in line with their kind of business. Apple would likely try capture the market by themselves or with their own form of payment system or currency which I read a while back they were actually going to try out.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

I think it will come, either directly or indirectly.  If it is not something like Coinbase that gets in there, then I think eventually something like Paypal will be included into Apple's wallet.  And as we just learned, Paypal is on the move to someday accept bitcoin.  I imagine in three years we can use bitcoin to pay almost effortlessly and safely. 

Strawbtcerries

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:26:22 PM

I think Apple is still dumb enough to see BTC as an enemy.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

I don't think they are 'dump'. They have their own ideas which may think stupid/dump but that ideas made that company to reach this position. And also, I don't think Apple is seeing BTC as their enemy. We can just hope that Apple will accept BTC soon!

~~MZ~~

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

I don't really see how BTC could be an enemy of Apply/Apple Pay. BTC can't really compete with a credit card that has a good rewards program.

Apple seems to have launched an easy to use payment system for people using fiat. It's pretty cool. It doesn't really effect Bitcoin. I think people who think Bitcoin could win in that space are delusional.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:04:58 PM

They have released applepay so bitcoin/paypal are seen as the competitors. apple and bitcoin wont mix.
Rockefeller

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:10:16 PM

So, with Apple Pay now on the hands of consumers, is there any possibility that Apple embraces bitcoin in the near future?
Who knows? I suggest you to stay tuned and maybe tomorrow we will get the answer.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:10:55 PM

Who knows? I suggest you to stay tuned and maybe tomorrow we will get the answer.

No way jose. They want profits not the lack of profits if they included bitcoin compatibility
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:16:48 PM

finger-scan + credit-card

... and you love apple ?  Roll Eyes

it's global world system to "tag" population, this association !
and it's not gov. or "controlled" instituation that it does this.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:21:56 PM

Opinions differ Smiley
Apple and bitcoin are sitting at the opposite end when it comes to philosophy regarding technology, I doubt we will see that day.
I very much doubt Apple will ever integrate bitcoin. Just doesn't seem to be in line with their kind of business.

I think it will come, either directly or indirectly.  If it is not something like Coinbase that gets in there, then I think eventually something like Paypal will be included into Apple's wallet.
I don't really see how BTC could be an enemy of Apply/Apple Pay.
[…]
Apple seems to have launched an easy to use payment system for people using fiat.

I, too, wouldn't necessarily regard Apple Pay and Bitcoin as antagonists.
Apple Pay seems to be kind of a "convenience package" for people who want to use their traditional payment system (credit card) via their iPhone.
It's not really Apple's own payment system where they make a lot of money with transaction fees or anything.
If there's enough demand for Bitcoin to be part of that convenience package, Apple might as well integrate that.

And we've seen Apple embrace open technology before, like the Jabber protocol in ichat.
I don't really see a good reason for Apple not to integrate Bitcoin once consumer demand is there.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
zdaz14

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:22:04 PM

Unlikely, apparently is not related to BTC. I think Apple is going to tank very soon.

I think your a moron if you think one of the biggest companies right now is going to tank.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

Bitcoin & Apple is like Oil & Water... Tongue Tongue

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:54:36 PM

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
cysive

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:49:01 PM

Why can't Apple Pay could be a Trojan Horse for Bitcoin?

1) Apple lets you link your credit card to Apple Pay.
2) Apple gives the credit card company its hidden 3% (300 basis points) fee minus their own 15-25 basis points.  
3) Apple realizes if they let you link Bitcoin, there is only a flat 6 cent fee.
4) Apple lets you link your Bitcoin wallet to Apple pay.
5) Apple splits the hidden 3% fee between themselves, the vendor and the consumer and makes more.

-C.

Creator of the world's first bitcoin game show. http://takemybitcoins.tv

https://twitter.com/TakeMyBitcoins
Scripts

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:11:20 PM

I disagree. If anything, Apple will create their own system. (If they already have one then disregard my second part of the post)
cysive

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:17:41 PM

I disagree. If anything, Apple will create their own system. (If they already have one then disregard my second part of the post)

You're saying Apple will create their "own system" that will cost $Billions to create and maintain and take years for ROI instead of linking an existing free one with their interface and get immediate profit?

Even though they just did a deal with every major credit card system to use their existing payment systems?

Creator of the world's first bitcoin game show. http://takemybitcoins.tv

https://twitter.com/TakeMyBitcoins
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Apple & Bitcoin, interesting thought. Could be great for Bitcoin as well as Apple. Don't think Apple will go for it, just a gut feeling.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:57:02 PM

In the keynote it was said that they would release the Apple Pay API, which you can asume Coinbase, Blockchain, Bitpay and/or Paypal could use soon Apple Pay for Bitcoin payments.

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:37:16 PM

As much as it could be great I don't see Apple doing this for the simple reason they are always the ones to want to be bigger and better than their rivals and in a sense even though bitcoin and Apple Pay are two different things they may see this as being some kind of rivalry.
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:00:02 PM

Walled garden folks don't play well with the open source folks.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:25:11 AM

Apple is releasing the API for Apple Pay.  They want lots of people to find innovative ways to use it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bitpay and Coinbase are reviewing Apple's policy, trying to see if they can apply.

I can totally see a future where coinbase has partenered with a major bank and offers an Apple Pay option.

I imagine it now, "Would you like to pay with Visa, MasterCard, debit, gift card, or Coinbase?" When I open the app.

This is really happening folks.

ivonna

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:30:35 AM

In the keynote it was said that they would release the Apple Pay API, which you can asume Coinbase, Blockchain, Bitpay and/or Paypal could use soon Apple Pay for Bitcoin payments.

I would doubt this. It is still too risky to accept credit cards for the purchase of bitcoin and apple pay is just a fancy way of paying via credit card.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:47:53 PM

Apple is releasing the API for Apple Pay.  They want lots of people to find innovative ways to use it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bitpay and Coinbase are reviewing Apple's policy, trying to see if they can apply.

I can totally see a future where coinbase has partenered with a major bank and offers an Apple Pay option.

I imagine it now, "Would you like to pay with Visa, MasterCard, debit, gift card, or Coinbase?" When I open the app.

This is really happening folks.
Why would they want to apply? They already have a much better system in place to process payments. There are existing bitcoin wallets that have the ability to send bitcoin to a coinbase (or a bitpay) address when a merchant is willing to sell for bitcoin via coinbase.
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:15:18 PM

I was watching BBC's Click this afternoon and they made a big fuss about Apple's "innovative" e-payment system. Wow.
john641

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:36:19 AM

Apple has done nothing but potentially allow people to use the same archaic BANKSTER system with their phone. Big deal guys..

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: