Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [off-topic] Visiting and staying in China  (Read 1178 times)
rudrigorc2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 12:36:21 PM

Hi guys!

I'll visit China very soon, but my trip is very short, only 15 days. So I'm starting to think about stayin' a few more days in your country.

For this I have to get a place to live for like 2 to 3 months, can anyone help me ?

Things I need to know:

• Is it possible for a foreigner to rent a small apartment or something for this period? I need Internet too. Can you tell me how would it cost?
  • I need something to do, aka earn some money, in between the stay, I can always sell every sort of stuff by mail, but this is not the preferred job. I am a native Portuguese speaker and besides that, English only.
  • I need a fine bicycle
  • What more should I be aware of?

For any help I'll be immensely grateful. Thank you!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 12:56:21 PM

Short term rent is certainly possible - if you are going to be staying in Beijing then the easiest way to find short-term rental (and maybe even a bicycle for sale) is to check out http://www.thebeijinger.com/ (for other cities there are other such expat websites).

Understand that legally you cannot work in China whilst on a tourist (or even a business) visa.

Be aware that getting a deposit back for the accommodation can be a problem (maybe worth offering a bit extra to not pay a deposit at all).

Cheers,

Ian.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
rudrigorc2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 02:14:46 PM

Thank you very much for the tip, I'm already sending some emails Grin
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 02:19:05 PM

Welcome - and just in case you hadn't noticed it before: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64495.0

Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:28:49 PM

You can come to China's Fujian Province, Fuzhou in this life, I generally English and I love the bitcoin currency, created a bitcoin a Chinese coin site www.hxtop.com If you can come and communicate with me.as for the thing you have requested, such as bicycles I can do you get ... are interested please message me ..
Imsimon

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:40:01 PM

Hi there, firstly, welcome to our country, I believe you will have a wonderful experience and will enjoy the culture shock as well. I am a college student from China, and currently studying in US.

Okay, let me answer your questions one by one.

1) It is not that easy for a foreigner to rent a apartment in China, especially in regular cities, by regular I mean all the NOT top developed cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzheng, Hangzhou ,etc. In the regular cities, the landlords wont deal business with foreigners as they dont speak English at all. In the developed cities, I would like to say, you can find housing easily in hotels or hostels, but if you want to rent for couple months, it is generally hard, as people usually sign lease for 1 year etc, and you actually need company or things like that to sponsor your rent, there is paper works to do for renting, and I did before whiling interning in a International firms. Of course you can get "unofficially" sublet or rent from random people without registration, but they are generally dangerous. So my suggestion is, find a company that can sponsor you before you go, such as language education firms(they hire a lot of foreigners and you usually get good pay as foreigner). Then they will have people to take care of all your paper work.

2) If you want to make money as a foreigner, like what I mentioned before, the best way is always teach your native language, which is easy and highly paid.

3) You need a bicycle? Buy one, $15 from black market will get you a regular using, $50 will get you a brand new finely working bike. If you want to do used or black market, find some native speaker with you, or you will pay a lot and still geting shit.

4) Need tips? shot me email, I am really friendly and speak OKAY English, I guess.

Best,

█ DECENT FOUNDATION █ ICO ⏰ 10th of September (http://decent.ch/)
Imsimon

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:44:34 PM

I am actually not that friendly, as what you are thinking I am. Sad

█ DECENT FOUNDATION █ ICO ⏰ 10th of September (http://decent.ch/)
rudrigorc2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:20:17 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 09:17:21 AM by rudrigorc2

Hi there, firstly, welcome to our country, I believe you will have a wonderful experience and will enjoy the culture shock as well. I am a college student from China, and currently studying in US.

Okay, let me answer your questions one by one.

1) It is not that easy for a foreigner to rent a apartment in China, especially in regular cities, by regular I mean all the NOT top developed cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzheng, Hangzhou ,etc. In the regular cities, the landlords wont deal business with foreigners as they dont speak English at all. In the developed cities, I would like to say, you can find housing easily in hotels or hostels, but if you want to rent for couple months, it is generally hard, as people usually sign lease for 1 year etc, and you actually need company or things like that to sponsor your rent, there is paper works to do for renting, and I did before whiling interning in a International firms. Of course you can get "unofficially" sublet or rent from random people without registration, but they are generally dangerous. So my suggestion is, find a company that can sponsor you before you go, such as language education firms(they hire a lot of foreigners and you usually get good pay as foreigner). Then they will have people to take care of all your paper work.

2) If you want to make money as a foreigner, like what I mentioned before, the best way is always teach your native language, which is easy and highly paid.

3) You need a bicycle? Buy one, $15 from black market will get you a regular using, $50 will get you a brand new finely working bike. If you want to do used or black market, find some native speaker with you, or you will pay a lot and still geting shit.

4) Need tips? shot me email, I am really friendly and speak OKAY English, I guess.

Best,

thanks for the info, I booked 3 days in a hostel, then try my luck from there

I ride bikes everyday so I think I can check for a good one before buying, but will try to follow your advice.

Dont worry about the english, mine is not that world class either

I arrive @ beijing may 08, it would be nice to exchange some bitcoins for yuans, anyone?
Btc4Domains
VIP

Activity: 99
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 04:26:17 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 08:27:29 PM by Btc4Domains

I arrive @ beijing may 08, it would be nice to exchange some bitcoins for yuans, anyone?

I could swap you some Yuan for BTC in the Shanghai area Smiley
rudrigorc2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:17:09 PM

Im going south to Shanghai soon! Well meet! Thx for the orientation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: