Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:11:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Provably fair - You are not doing it right !!!  (Read 743 times)
arxwn (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:18:00 PM

Hello people,
I've been watching the bitcoin gambling scene, and it seems that provably fair is just a catchphrase for most sites.
Yes it is provably fair it some abstract way, but most sites require users to enter javascript code and search the net for hmac512 function or sha256.
That is not fair for our customers.
I spoke with someone yesterday trying to verify somehow his bet
That is not proper.
On our site we do it the right way, all the calculations are in your face and if you want to confirm something then you search not the other way around.

What is your opinion on the matter ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

That depends on what you mean by all this, if you mean that this provably fair system is made to get money out of players then it's not true (gambling itself handles it pretty well, no need systems for that), if you mean that numbers are not really so random (even though site owners have nothing to do with that) then you are right, ofcourse they are not completely random, and they will never be.

arxwn (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:46:27 PM

That depends on what you mean by all this, if you mean that this provably fair system is made to get money out of players then it's not true, if you mean that numbers are not really so random (even though site owners have nothing to do with that) then you are right, ofcourse they are not completely random, and they will never be.

I dont dispute the random generation number, my problem is with the presentation problem.
It should be dead simple for the user to understand what the hell is going on and unfortunately it is not.
grux

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:19:43 AM

Well things like the HMAC function is absolutely neccessary currently. It can be packaged smartly though, sorta like how you don't need to know how a CPU works to use a PC.
arxwn (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

Well things like the HMAC function is absolutely neccessary currently. It can be packaged smartly though, sorta like how you don't need to know how a CPU works to use a PC.

Yes that is excactly what i'm talking about.
grux

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:36:54 AM

Yes that is excactly what i'm talking about.

What's your opinion on what Primedice does about this? Colored hashes for visual integrity, info well summarized and previous seed kept for convenience, seeds and hashes within each bet window.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: