Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: drop the stupid posting requirements?
Yes - 15 (53.6%)
No - 13 (46.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lol  (Read 934 times)
jitty2 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
lol
April 23, 2012, 04:11:50 PM

drop the stupid posting requirements.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:15:27 PM

No. It helps stop spammers like you from joining just to attempt trolling, and just annoy people with irrelevant threads/posts.
jitty2 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:23:19 PM

It didn't stop anything. Now instead of making legitimate posts I'm forced to make worthless ones in a forum that is never used/viewed after the first 5 posts. If anything this has increased spam, moderation, and overhead when scarce resources could be used elsewhere!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:27:02 PM

It didn't stop anything. Now instead of making legitimate posts I'm forced to make worthless ones in a forum that is never used/viewed after the first 5 posts. If anything this has increased spam, moderation, and overhead when scarce resources could be used elsewhere!

Actually, no. As much as I hate the ridiculous newbie jail, you're absolutely wrong about it being useless. What you've done is basically shown your intentions, your lack of quality posts and your annoying attitude in a closed environment that the more impatient users don't need to see and let us, the more patient and devoted trolls sniff you out easier, meaning that from this point on, regardless of what you post, we'll be following your every move, waiting for you to make a mistake so we can strike you down and remind you of all your ridiculousness.

Newbie jail is not about "earning" anything, it's about "surviving" undetected and unscathed. You've already failed. Best go make another ID.

jitty2 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:34:02 PM

Actually you are wrong, I wouldn't have made this post to begin with, and this is the 'other' id. This further validates my point of increased useless posts and overhead when resources should be used to moderate substantive forums.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:44:31 PM

Actually you are wrong, I wouldn't have made this post to begin with, and this is the 'other' id. This further validates my point of increased useless posts and overhead when resources should be used to moderate substantive forums.

schnell

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:09:15 PM

I was new when I first signed up, so I asked questions about bitcoin in the newbie section. People often browse there to help others.
After a few posts discussing bitcoin and asking questions, I was out. It only took me a day to get out.
I then went straight to the lending section and asked for a 75BTC loan XD
jitty2 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:15:58 PM

What was the cash equivalent and did you provide identification? That's a pretty large sum between strangers.
schnell

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:23:31 PM

What was the cash equivalent and did you provide identification? That's a pretty large sum between strangers.
Around 450 dollars at the time.
Not that that is any of your business.
The point is, that I believe the newbie jail should be raised to 25 posts and 24 hours online, so people have longer to learn how the forum works(ie they dont ask for a 450 dollar loan as soon as they are out)
jitty2 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:31:30 PM

So everyone should be punished for you lack of etiquette or general ignorance?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:53:47 PM

How about NO you fuckhead. It was a ShitShow in Bitcointalk.org when the posting reqiurment didnt exsist. Deal with it.
It deters trolls
Deters scammers
Deters Idiots.

Whats the negative factor of it? That you have to post to be allowed to post where you want to? That doesnt sound so bad considering the benefeits.

ALSO YOU CAN BE WHITELISTED, Skipping the requirements compleately

Edit: Anyone else think that the poll is being spammed with "yes" votes from Crap accounts?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:58:22 PM

Edit: Anyone else think that the poll is being spammed with "yes" votes from Crap accounts?

Even more likely is that non-newbies seldom care about newbie posted threads so there is an obvious partiality towards not needing to be a newbie from the newbies posting. I voted just to break it even though.

donking

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:35:24 PM

The prison system is important. It creates jobs.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:21:59 PM

It is easy to hate the post requirements when you have not seen what lead to it. It was so bad that I personally supported a requirement to pay to be here.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:44:12 PM

I'd pay a (small amount) of bitcoin annually for posting rights.  It was horrible before.

I'd rather I didn't have to pay, but if it came to that I would.

[edit: and I posted "no"]
schnell

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:07:47 PM

So everyone should be punished for you lack of etiquette or general ignorance?
I could think of many, many responses to this. But, as I am a mature adult, I will end this pointless argument you decided to start. Just be glad you didn't assault someone more popular, because everyone will hate you then.

Oh, and before I go, why do you want out of noob jail? You have made no useful or relavent posts thus far, so you can hardly point out my flaws, because that would be just hypocritical.

Trader Joe

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

NO ESCROW

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:18:24 PM

Newbie jail sucks.
dog

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:26:19 PM

I understand why it's here, but it'd be nice to have a recommendation system (with penalties for the recommender if the recomendee scams, to discourage sales) so that joke accounts of established members, like this one, can make it through quickly Smiley
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:31:44 AM

I understand why it's here, but it'd be nice to have a recommendation system (with penalties for the recommender if the recomendee scams, to discourage sales) so that joke accounts of established members, like this one, can make it through quickly Smiley
And, as you found out, that's exactly what we have. In fact, I specifically mention it in the OP of the whitelist request sticky:
If you learned of Bitcoin through a currently established member of this forum who feels that you are ready to be released to the rest of the forum or who is willing to mentor you, or if you want to make a new account that is separate from your already-existing established forum account, have the existing user/account vouch for you after you have made your request.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: