Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Wallet Alpha 5 Release - Bitid + Watch only  (Read 3001 times)
caedes (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:06:26 AM

Today we released DarkWallet Alpha 5 version.

* Release notes: https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/DarkWallet/Alpha5 (A lot of details here)
* Download: https://github.com/darkwallet/darkwallet/releases/tag/0.5.0

The main features are bitid implementation and watch only pockets.

Bitid allows to login into a website by signing a nonce offered by the website and posting it to the website. This links the website user to a public key controlled by the user, in this case a bitcoin key where they key is held by the dark wallet. At the moment we sign doing a hardened derivation over the host name so we get a deterministic key for the user, different for every site.

We have made a module for mediawiki implementing bitid so it can be used against the darkwallet: https://github.com/sembrestels/mediawiki-bitid

Watch only pockets allows configuring custom pockets by linking a contact and adding different addresses to that contact.

Many more details in the detail notes above.

Enjoy!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowsFEET

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:33:10 PM

Dark Wallet looks pretty good.  Not many people using it though, so some transactions take awhile and very few are being mixed at this time.  If no one is there to pair with the transaction is just sent without mixing.  I'd prefer having an option to wait, even for days, until a matching transaction is available for mixing.  A time out period should still be setable so funds won't get stuck indefinitely.

Also, if the transaction doesn't get mixed the only indication is a temporary comment at the top of the window.  Otherwise, you need to go to a block explorer.  I think we need some better indication in the Dark Wallet itself of which transactions were mixed and which were not, and how many different addresses where involved in the mixing.

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:59:12 PM

What is the status of this project?

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Corvet

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:41:53 PM

THE PROBLEM IS : i can't understand how to receive the money in dark wallet , i see only Stealth Addresse , there is no BTC adresse so i can receive the bitcoin , i dont know how to use it if anyone can explain us how it will be better , thank you guys
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:20:15 PM

THE PROBLEM IS : i can't understand how to receive the money in dark wallet , i see only Stealth Addresse , there is no BTC adresse so i can receive the bitcoin , i dont know how to use it if anyone can explain us how it will be better , thank you guys

It usually has several addresses pre generated and can make new ones. Currently Id only use it with testnet coins, sine thats what the devs currently advise.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
belveder666

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:12:33 PM

It usually has several addresses pre generated and can make new ones. Currently Id only use it with testnet coins, sine thats what the devs currently advise.

I lost today my btc, not too much but this is frustrating because I tried pay for something and they are my last btc...! First payment was received ok, second payment:
I sent btc from my MultiBit wallet to 1Dd9YrVc92qymUiksQWfXvDggditbRArqF (address from dark wallet)

and ..... I waited one hour.... nothing, I can see only here that they are in blockchain https://blockchain.info/address/1Dd9YrVc92qymUiksQWfXvDggditbRArqF

and address 1Dd9YrVc92qymUiksQWfXvDggditbRArqF in my wallet Dark Wallet disappeared.... This wallet is a scam! this is my opinion! Angry
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:38:37 PM

-snip-
This wallet is a scam! this is my opinion! Angry

You do not understand alpha stage [1]. That is a fact!

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alpha_version

belveder666

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:41:03 PM

the fact is that I lost btc,
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:50:26 PM

the fact is that I lost btc,

Yes I get that, but if someone hands you software and says:

Here this is probably unstable and unsafe for productive use.

Why do you blame them if something indeed breaks?

belveder666

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:55:13 PM

because it was their software, It shouldn't be for use if not work...
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 1299

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:42:56 PM

because it was their software, It shouldn't be for use if not work...
This wallet is a scam! this is my opinion!

At the top of the Dark Wallet page with parts in bold:
"IMPORTANT The wallet is Not Stable, and at this point you should use it with real money only at Your Own Risk."

(see https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Alpha5  )

This is still alpha software, not even beta.  They are working out the bugs, and it should only be used on test net.

belveder666

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:11:08 PM

Should be: Don't use if you don't want to lost money.

I don't know who will use it, if it works only for fun. I should be tested and later sold or shared for free etc.

Now it's useless.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:32:27 PM

Should be: Don't use if you don't want to lost money.

I don't know who will use it, if it works only for fun. I should be tested and later sold or shared for free etc.

Now it's useless.

You dont get it do you? This IS the PUBLIC TEST stage, commonly known as ALPHA.

belveder666

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:59:48 PM

idea is good but the program has a defects, when will be the beta version, I'll try again ...

do you know any btc mixer (laundry) ?
DocHex

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:46:01 PM

Just wanted to announce here that Coinkite is now running an Obelisk server, open to the public.

obelisk.coinkite.com:9091

http://blog.coinkite.com/post/97397052686/public-obelisk-server-for-the-community

I'm not a Dark Wallet user, so I don't know what's involved in configuring it to make use of our server, but we figure more public obelisk servers can't be a bad thing and we want to use it for blockchain data.

I also love a good binary protocol sometimes. Really clears the mind after too much JSON and junky web protocols.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: