Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Add vCPU only chains?
Yes - 7 (53.8%)
No - 6 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VirtualMiner 2.0 - Discussion (Closed)  (Read 15276 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 01:57:20 PM

Sorry for mixing up your questions, but some of them can be answered together.

...Only if you could upgrade your machines with virtual coins, THAT would be cool.
One question though: how do you plan to provide some liquidity? It's not like people have some use for the virtual currencies right now. The rig upgrades will probably help, but maybe some more stuff can be done?

Basically i have a fully working shop at the moment for all sorts of ingame items like rig upgrades and rig buys etc - but the trade volume is too low at the moment to make this shop working. You could for example, buy 0.0001 SomeCoin for 1 BTC from yourself and raise the value of that chain high enough to have soon a BTC competing chain, but with close to no volume. You could buy everything on the shop and upgrade 10 zillion rigs in no time.
I could, of course use averages of 1 day, 1 week or so.. but it would be just a matter of "waiting" for somone to try this and ruin the game... But i still have some ideas in mind..

- the desktop mode is buggy. It sometimes does nothing when I click. Maybe it could all be visible from nice & clean web interface as the rest of the page?
The Desktop mode is the oldest feature in the game and i dont really like editing much about it.. but this "mass managment" stuff was requested quite often.. i will write such a thing as one of the upcoming features.

- in the exchange, you can't cancel order (but I probably can buy it back)
Is currently in testing and will be implemented with the next update.

Maybe people would be able to trade rigs (is the number of right limited right now?) or buy/sell virtual goods of some kind.
Basically that is the point with the coins Wink

All in all.. the sheer complexity of this game just overran me a few times in the past. In the very very beginning, more than half a year ago it was nothing but a better simulator of how chains can develop with given constatns like hash etc. Through the initial tests a small game evolved that now begins to outgrow me - or rather the time i can spend on it. Therefore i have to apolegize for bugs errors etc that i cannot fix in a short amount of time, same applies ofc for new features. But i do my best to give the users a good experience in the game as fast as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Krakonos

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 02:17:05 PM

Thanks for the response.

The desktop mode is fine with me, only if it would work. I sometimes keep clicking for a minute until something happens. This is in opera and firefox, as I don't have other browsers.

Yeah, the though of cheating in low volume crossed my mind when I bought back my own coin to "cancel" the order and I agree that it is a problem.

The problem is, that you can't have volume until there is motivation to buy coins. And right now, there is no motivation. If you could provide some other game stuff, that would probably improve it, even if it was some kind of non-profit thing.

I'll be watching the game, as it seems interesting enough!

Tip jar: 1MWj8Etpt3ayLG5AvXwhtEU42szJD2m97z
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:54:21 PM

Alright, now the earnies are back, the game can start again. Let me just make perhaps the most important announcement that you will ever hear/read.

Thats right, Earnies are back in Virtual Miner, the best coin for the job. Why you ask? Because they are modeled after real bitcoins! (and lets not forget they are advocated by me), so when your 1,000,000 coins per block coin has made its 500,000,000th coin they are worthless. With Earnies, its different, the difficulty will continuously rise to the point where it actually takes time/effort to generate ONE Earnie! So what does this mean for you? By mining Earnies early, you have a much greater chance of actually having an investment coin worth something. And with more VHash than any other coin, there is little risk of Earnies ever becoming an orphaned chain! So switch to Earnies today! You can only regret it, if you don't.
Krakonos

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:06:31 PM

So my investments are safe! Good! Unfortunately, I can't look at chain info for total Earnies and know it's mine anymore. Shame on you!

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:14:55 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 11:29:26 AM by Nachtwind

Update 05/12/12

Added an Instant BTC transfer option (sort off..). You can now send BTC from one user to another directly. For that just open your "Deposits and Withdrawal" Page, enter any Username you like (NOT Address!) and send your hard earned BTC. (Still to come: Send virtual coins as well)
Sidemenu now shows your BTC amount in close-to-realtime.
I prepared the exchange for the cancellation of orders but deactivated the feature for as long as i wont be at home (Till Monday evening..) since i will be there if that somehow fails ;0)

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 03:42:24 PM

Hey, been trying out the site, quite fun Smiley.

Just one thing I've noticed aside from what people have been saying lately, earlier you said, Nachtwind, you have a fully-working shop, but it doesn't seem to be working for me Sad When I try to buy an upgrade with any type of coin... it says "Button Here" instead of having a clickable button. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are we just waiting on an update for this?

Again, awesome project Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Krakonos

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:51:16 PM

Just one thing I've noticed aside from what people have been saying lately, earlier you said, Nachtwind, you have a fully-working shop, but it doesn't seem to be working for me Sad When I try to buy an upgrade with any type of coin... it says "Button Here" instead of having a clickable button. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are we just waiting on an update for this?

Yeah, I've been asking the same thing and the answer is somewhere above. Short version: it could be easily exploited. Currently I might offer to sell 1EAR for 1BTC, buy it myself (yeah, you can do that) and now I have 40 000 EAR = 40 000 BTC -> almost unlimited upgrades :-)

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:52:50 PM

Yeah, I've been asking the same thing and the answer is somewhere above. Short version: it could be easily exploited. Currently I might offer to sell 1EAR for 1BTC, buy it myself (yeah, you can do that) and now I have 40 000 EAR = 40 000 BTC -> almost unlimited upgrades :-)

Thats the reason why it is not yet implemented.. but will someday once i finish that exploitability.
First of all i must make sure that the exchange cannot be exploited - then i can build a shop. Sorry
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 02:57:46 AM

perhaps make an in game "fiat" currency that the ingame chains can be traded for, the 'fiat' could then be used to buy rigs and upgrades, and i think you should buy it back at slightly less than its worth to you

this will push the exchange rate up of all coins to match how hard they are to mine to how much they could get paid for the fiat

this will increase the reward for spending btc in game, as well as create some circulation of all coins

you can control the btc -> fiat exchange rate to keep the bank healthy

you could add electricity costs for rigs/upgrades passed the free one, in 'fiat' so people will need it as soon as they spend it, this will minimise stagnant coins in dead accounts since once they are out of fiat only the free rig will be running un-upgraded

i would propose when someone pays to start a new chain, that money is used to create 'fiat' and a buy price is decided that is a little higher than its electricity cost - once that fund is out the coins survival depends on the players

in the end the sites bank is left in front, the btc paid to make the fiat is more than the btc used to buy the same amount of fiat back (of course, players would be free to pay more than you, increasing the circulation further)

---

edit : i would also like "rich lists" for all the coins

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:14:21 PM

perhaps make an in game "fiat" currency that the ingame chains can be traded for, the 'fiat' could then be used to buy rigs and upgrades, and i think you should buy it back at slightly less than its worth to you

this will push the exchange rate up of all coins to match how hard they are to mine to how much they could get paid for the fiat

this will increase the reward for spending btc in game, as well as create some circulation of all coins

you can control the btc -> fiat exchange rate to keep the bank healthy

you could add electricity costs for rigs/upgrades passed the free one, in 'fiat' so people will need it as soon as they spend it, this will minimise stagnant coins in dead accounts since once they are out of fiat only the free rig will be running un-upgraded

i would propose when someone pays to start a new chain, that money is used to create 'fiat' and a buy price is decided that is a little higher than its electricity cost - once that fund is out the coins survival depends on the players

in the end the sites bank is left in front, the btc paid to make the fiat is more than the btc used to buy the same amount of fiat back (of course, players would be free to pay more than you, increasing the circulation further)

---

edit : i would also like "rich lists" for all the coins

I like this idea, or just have a sort of weekly trend + curve protection, so if Earnies have been selling for 1 BTC (But I think they are worth more than 1 BTC) and then suddenly one is bought for 10 BTC (More like it) that data would be thrown out by the weekly curve. But having another game currency would be nice. But when you trade the Virtual Coins for the Virtual Currency, would the coins be removed from the game? Or would they just be put up for sale where other people could buy them for a Virtual Currency?
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:28:16 PM

Gonna try it, just deposit 1 BTC.
Lets mine virtual  Cool
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 08:35:31 PM

My favorite part is the low power cost. All of my rigs together only use like 8 VKW/H.  Grin
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 10:18:19 PM

Ha! I was correct, Earnies are doing the best! Their high difficulty has made it so the number mined is trickling up, instead of thousands being dumped every hour. They have the highest/best value of any coin, and control 63% of the total mining power! If you aren't mining earnies, the question is, why not?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 10:34:42 PM

Oh, what is this? Earnies are still doing the best, and now control 64.4% of the total hashing power in the game. Could the 64.4% be wrong? Not likely, if theres anything we have learned from history, its that the majority is always right.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 01:14:25 AM

if theres anything we have learned from history, its that the majority is always right.

Uhh, then why doesn't the majority use bitcoin? Just saying...

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 10:54:32 AM

Going on a vacation next week.. so there wont be much of a development then
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 10:13:46 PM

if theres anything we have learned from history, its that the majority is always right.

Uhh, then why doesn't the majority use bitcoin? Just saying...

Well, it depends on where we are getting our sample from. If I asked if the Majority of the people in the world used BTC, the answer would be no. If I asked if the Majority of the people on this forum use BTC, I would say yes.

And then there are those very odd exceptions like if I asked does the Majority of Africa use any kind of money at all? And the answer would be no.

Oh and again, Earnies are still dominating all of the other coins! If you would all just give up your other coins, and trade in for earnies, then we could establish the official Virtual Virtual Currency.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:35:37 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2012, 09:50:15 PM by whiskers75

I can't seem to add a withdraw address in the iOS site - and please make a mobile-friendly 'Desktop' page!

Edit: Check out VirtualBitcoins - the newest chain on the block.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 11:39:06 PM

Nachtwind, I have a few suggestions for when you are back:

• Implement a chain deflation feature; i.e. allow a chain to eventually reach a cap of coins (like bitcoin). This could be an optional checkbox and a setting "Block reward multiplied by [0.xx] every [xxxx] blocks". Said feature will also allow rampant-inflation coins as well, a double plus.
  • Allow anyone (not just the chain owner) to "upgrade" a chain's infrastructure. There are many examples:
    • Open a new exchange market xxx->xxx for a fee
    • Allow usage of the coin to buy coupons, if volume is high enough (by default, make coins unsuitable for this)
    • Lower the exchange fee for an exchange market for a fee
    • Allow access to that coin's richlist (people who have the highest stake)
    • Advertise the chain on the frontpage in an auction-like process
  • Allow chain creators to set initial block payments to a list of people, acting as a "pre-mine".
  • Decimal shift. Allow one virtual-coin to be priced at less than a satoshi (look at the prices now!)
  • Chain support! Some revenue of the website is used to support the exchange price of random chains that have some volume and are reasonably distributed.
ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2012, 01:18:01 PM

Is there a minimum deposit? And I just deposited, when will it show up?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: