Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tigggger's Reputation Thread  (Read 3390 times)
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

New accounts with under 8 rentals often pop-up on the forum and make statements like: Abandoning, Issues, Bugs, etc. etc.   They then go on to talk about or Rave about a competing service.  This happens in every industry even when research showed that coca-cola was the number one editor of the Pepsi Wikipedia page.   

Thank you jedimstr for keeping propaganda alive!   This was an enjoyable read.  I really enjoyed the copy and paste from the Legacy Faq which is no longer in use.  LR support has assisted hundreds of renters and providers with mining software issues, pool issues, set issues, and more.  In those rare cases when a bug is found LR has refunded the affected parties and corrected the issue generally within 24 hours.

Thanks.  This isn't the first time I've seen this behavior either on LeaseRigs.  Other rentals I've had with other rigs/owners have had random removals of my pools or different pools added, so  definitely agree something is up with LeaseRig's operation.  It's not a config caching issue because it doesn't always happen near the start of a rental.  I've seen it happen after some time has passed too.  Something definitely is up on their end. They must be aware of it though since it's one of the disclaimers they have on rentals, so not an isolated case, but they put the blame on the owners side:

Remove unwanted pool(s). You can safely remove any pool you want. It is recommended to remove all unknown pools and pools marked with Remove me. You cannot remove currently active pool (pool marked green), you need to switch first to another pool, then try to perform removal operation.

Use backup pools! Pools are usually unreliable. With backup pools you make sure your hired hashing power is not wasted for nothing in case of pool failures. You can use up to 8 pools.

If you notice your pools being removed and switched to other pools you did not want, please contact mining rig provider. You have every right to request lease extension or a refund in such cases.

If the mining rig is not responding or if you get errors when trying to add, remove or switch pools, contact mining rig provider! We cannot assist you with mining rig errors, because we have no control over rigs. If you could not resolve the issue with the provider or he does not respond to you within 48 hours, let us know so we can take actions against the provider.

I actually prefer the way BetaRigs handles their rentals... Seems more secure in pool handling.  It only allows pools the renter themselves enter and displays non-renter pool time as downtime. It's only missing the higher hashrate rigs and backup pool capability of LeaseRigs, otherwise it's a better website and experience.  You should check BetaRigs out.

Oh and thanks for the compensation time!!!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:47:04 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 01:04:45 PM by jedimstr

New accounts with under 8 rentals often pop-up on the forum and make statements like: Abandoning, Issues, Bugs, etc. etc.   They then go on to talk about or Rave about a competing service.  This happens in every industry even when research showed that coca-cola was the number one editor of the Pepsi Wikipedia page.  

Thank you jedimstr for keeping propaganda alive!   This was an enjoyable read.  I really enjoyed the copy and paste from the Legacy Faq which is no longer in use.  LR support has assisted hundreds of renters and providers with mining software issues, pool issues, set issues, and more.  In those rare cases when a bug is found LR has refunded the affected parties and corrected the issue generally within 24 hours.

Thanks.  This isn't the first time I've seen this behavior either on LeaseRigs.  Other rentals I've had with other rigs/owners have had random removals of my pools or different pools added, so  definitely agree something is up with LeaseRig's operation.  It's not a config caching issue because it doesn't always happen near the start of a rental.  I've seen it happen after some time has passed too.  Something definitely is up on their end. They must be aware of it though since it's one of the disclaimers they have on rentals, so not an isolated case, but they put the blame on the owners side:

Remove unwanted pool(s). You can safely remove any pool you want. It is recommended to remove all unknown pools and pools marked with Remove me. You cannot remove currently active pool (pool marked green), you need to switch first to another pool, then try to perform removal operation.

Use backup pools! Pools are usually unreliable. With backup pools you make sure your hired hashing power is not wasted for nothing in case of pool failures. You can use up to 8 pools.

If you notice your pools being removed and switched to other pools you did not want, please contact mining rig provider. You have every right to request lease extension or a refund in such cases.

If the mining rig is not responding or if you get errors when trying to add, remove or switch pools, contact mining rig provider! We cannot assist you with mining rig errors, because we have no control over rigs. If you could not resolve the issue with the provider or he does not respond to you within 48 hours, let us know so we can take actions against the provider.

I actually prefer the way BetaRigs handles their rentals... Seems more secure in pool handling.  It only allows pools the renter themselves enter and displays non-renter pool time as downtime. It's only missing the higher hashrate rigs and backup pool capability of LeaseRigs, otherwise it's a better website and experience.  You should check BetaRigs out.

Oh and thanks for the compensation time!!!

I copied and pasted exactly from the mining status page from the bottom of Tigggger's rig at the time of the post.  If it's a "Legacy FAQ" then it's LeaseRig's fault that they didn't remove it from an active Mining Status page.  Besides, my original post here was linked from those terms on the bottom of that Mining Status page so that I could report any issues I found.  I had an issue and I reported.  So I call bullshit on your "Legacy FAQ" story.

UPDATE:  Here's a screenshot of another rental I just purchased... note that the "Legacy FAQ" is very much still in use on the Mining Rig Status page. Note the part I highlighted... it has a  link directly to reputation threads here on BitcoinTalk for reporting the specific issue of pool removals/changes.

#2 - if you are associated or work for LeaseRigs you can lookup my account and rental history.  I am not a "new" renter and have payed quite a bit of money.... And I continue to use LeaseRigs.  

Just because I report an actual issue I had AS Stated in the instructions on LeaseRigs site (using the link provided on the LR site on the mining rig status page) and have real customer feedback on what I like and dislike about both LR and BR, doesn't give You the right to say it's propaganda.  If you re-read my posting, I was pretty fair in listing both the good qualities and bad qualities of both rental services.  In fact I wish both services had some of the features of each other... HOW IS THAT PROPAGANDA???  In no way do statements like that even come close to propaganda. I'd agree with you if I was just extolling the virtues of BR, but I wasn't.  I listed what features I liked about both services.

So... are you one of the guys behind LeaseRigs?  Because if berating a continuing renter and actual paying customer is your idea of customer support, then good luck with the rest of your business.  I had some rigs I was going to submit to lease, but if this is the way LeaseRigs treat customer comments (in public, and not in private), then I'm definitely not putting my rigs on LR.  Funny thing is, this isn't even YOUR THREAD!!! This is Tigggger's Reputation Thead.  And he's been fair, understanding, and great.  That's customer service... not the crap you just posted.

Tigggger- Sorry for muddying your post with this tangential exchange.  You've been more than fair with me and we shouldn't be filling your reputation thread with this type of harassment by some other parties.

PublicP2poolNode

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:51:01 AM

I would love to lease all of your rigs right now if they weren't on LRP

LRP is not compatible with p2pool Sad

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:08:15 AM

I would love to lease all of your rigs right now if they weren't on LRP

LRP is not compatible with p2pool Sad

Leasrigs are currently testing a new system which will get rid of the LRP and allow the use of P2Pool and even solo mining.

The only reason I use LRP is that I have lots of machines and people seem to prefer larger rigs so it's currently the only simple way to combine them.

felineplunk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:24:24 AM

I'm new around here so take this how you like. I just leased Tigggger's rig for 4 hours and will update some time after it completes.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:48:38 AM

in order to know that which machine is currently offline or online, or the actual rated hash rate, please update the info while you are in spare. i am renting your [GB flag] tigspo1, it seems the rated hash rate is different to the board shown.

the rated hash rate is now 11500 Ghs, not 1150 Ghs.

have a nice day on renting the machine!  Cheesy

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:41:30 AM

Thanks for the rental, as far as I can see everything is set correctly.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: