Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game  (Read 495448 times)
dean nolan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:10:28 AM

Now the WEB interface is working for me but the API still down

The API works fine from here.

There's now two people who have had large sums stolen (~78 and ~48 bitcoin)

There's two people who claim to have had large sums stolen.
Fine but important difference.

I know them and am pretty confident they are telling the truth.

add my name to the list of people who had a large amount of coins stolen
It's amazing how many newbies accounts get scammed right?

Don't make assumptions.

These people have been scammed. I know 2/3 of them, previous BetKing investors who I am pretty confident are telling the truth.

Newsflash, not everyone who invests in Bitcoin dice sites visits or joins  these forums.
The top 10 investors at BetKing (which was about 4000 bitcoin between them) didn't have forum accounts.

NLNico has also removed the site from dicesites.com

p.s. yes this is a newbie account Smiley Click trust, it verifies it's me.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:31:00 AM

Nice catch for satoshidice that BetKing closed the doors. It is always bad for the Bitcoin community when honest operators go out of business. Angry

I hope that the affected will initiate legal action in Curacao, to get what is owed or at least to shut this scam down and prevent others from further damage.
wontshrug

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

yea props to NLNico for removing them to prevent other scams

they still have not even responded to me

i've been involved with BTC for a long time, sad to see this happen

to everyone with coins left, please take them off NOW.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:24:06 PM

Amazing to see the top Dice site years ago turn into what it is today  Cry

That's usually how it is with most businesses.

Remember CEX, how they had one of the largest BTC mining pools? It at one point had over 51% hashpower and look what happened 6 months after they started having server issues and bad luck.

Same has happened with SatoshiDice. I think the problem is that the new owner lacks some experience and motivation and drive. ANd I also think he owns a few different business ventures and just doesn't have the time to deal with the issues for this site.

Like I said before, he really needs to hire some support staff.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jake_a99

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:06:10 AM

Amazing to see the top Dice site years ago turn into what it is today  Cry

I think the problem is that the new owner lacks some experience and motivation and drive. ANd I also think he owns a few different business ventures and just doesn't have the time to deal with the issues for this site.

Like I said before, he really needs to hire some support staff.

I mean it seems pretty clear at this point that he is stealing from high balance investors right? I don't see how hiring a support staff will fix anything unless these thefts are some grand technical glitches that are rectified.

Do we even know who the owner is? I'm hearing that ownership has changed hands a few times without any announcements.

And thanks Dean for confirming I'm a real person. I was a large investor in Betking and have been in BTC for a while, just not active on the forums... although I did post about a login issue with satoshi dice months ago.
Persepolis

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:05:55 AM

at one point i had about 70 BTC on Satoshi dice, i did get all out, but it took about two-three weeks. Absolute nonsense.

Site CONSTANTLY goes down, absolutely no word from support ever and the hot wallet takes a week to refill.

If this site isnt a scam, it is run by the world's most incompetent people. In which case you should withdraw anyway right?

How do you fuck up a money printing machine so completely?
maidenvoyage

Activity: 80
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:21:14 AM

Hi guys,
Just wanted to chime in. I had 79 bitcoin invested, got "diluted" to 68 bitcoin when this strange whale won 340btc on January 13. SInce then have lost confidence in the site. But... On the bright side ... I got my 68 bitcoin out in 24 hours. Just try every 60 minutes... sometimes you get 0,5 sometimes you get 50 sometimes you get 10... But.. I got it out... So at least it seems it is not a total scamm...(yet).

I lost confidence because the huge winners where all people who logged onto the site and in the same first two hours won huge amount all with name like piratexxxxx or underdogxxxxx where the xxxxx are numbers.. I don't know.. It might be that it is just winning loosing.. where I would have no problem... But it seemd fishy. Since the site has NO SUPPORT at all, nobody to talk to, nobody who defends their position or helps...I am really happy that I got out and can watch as a bystander now..
Maiden
Can somebody vote me up as trustworthy pleasssse... I am such a nice person...haha
FusionPro

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:42:03 AM

Hi guys,
Just wanted to chime in. I had 79 bitcoin invested, got "diluted" to 68 bitcoin when this strange whale won 340btc on January 13. SInce then have lost confidence in the site. But... On the bright side ... I got my 68 bitcoin out in 24 hours. Just try every 60 minutes... sometimes you get 0,5 sometimes you get 50 sometimes you get 10... But.. I got it out... So at least it seems it is not a total scamm...(yet).

I lost confidence because the huge winners where all people who logged onto the site and in the same first two hours won huge amount all with name like piratexxxxx or underdogxxxxx where the xxxxx are numbers.. I don't know.. It might be that it is just winning loosing.. where I would have no problem... But it seemd fishy. Since the site has NO SUPPORT at all, nobody to talk to, nobody who defends their position or helps...I am really happy that I got out and can watch as a bystander now..
Maiden
Can somebody vote me up as trustworthy pleasssse... I am such a nice person...haha

yea its not a problem of them paying out, but the hot wallet is never full when ive tried. you getting out 50 is unheard off as far as ive seen, i guess lucky you, i cant even get 0.1 out. tried for weeks now.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

He is not talking about that. I think he invested almost close to 100 BTC in the site, he didn't gamble with it.

What is going on with the site is very fishy like he mentioned before, some new players are winning over 600 BTC like that Underdog guy, Look at his stats.

I would be careful because this looks like another case of "Willy" bot like with Mt GOx. Basically he bets and losses but since he has unlimited income he can keep martingaling until he wins.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jake_a99

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:13:22 PM

He is not talking about that. I think he invested almost close to 100 BTC in the site, he didn't gamble with it.

What is going on with the site is very fishy like he mentioned before, some new players are winning over 600 BTC like that Underdog guy, Look at his stats.

I would be careful because this looks like another case of "Willy" bot like with Mt GOx. Basically he bets and losses but since he has unlimited income he can keep martingaling until he wins.

no one has unlimited income, unless you mean there's some exploit where he can bet any number no matter how high. Martingaling isn't a winning strategy even with 100 billion dollars.

what's really fishy about the site is they robbed me and at least 2 other high balance investors.
game-protect

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:59:44 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 04:00:05 PM by game-protect

Is there even somebody around in this forum? Or only lawyers trying to sell legal advice and scammers trying to throw oil imto the fire??
I got 55 btc out of my 68 ...so not all is that bad...obviousely hope they prop up hotwallet soon..
Their support is non existent as far as I have experienced??? Sad.
Maiden
I am not a lawyer and my advice is cost free. If you can get your Bitcoins off, that is fine. But there are others where magically a larger amount of Bitcoins disappeared from their account. Do you think these coins will be magically appear in their accounts again and then be able to withdraw?

The hot wallet is regularly empty, while there is still a 4 digit amount invested. But hey, never mind!
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:01:28 AM

no one has unlimited income, unless you mean there's some exploit where he can bet any number no matter how high. Martingaling isn't a winning strategy even with 100 billion dollars.

what's really fishy about the site is they robbed me and at least 2 other high balance investors.

The WIlly bot wasn't an exploit, it was created by MtGox and its what actually caused price to spike all the way up to $1150 from $200 and causing the worse year for bitcoin in 2014.

If you have some free time read up on it. Basically the bot was coded so it could buy unlimited amount of BTC because he never actually had to pay for any of the BTCs to buy. This went on for months and months and I guess they got away with it since they were huge and most were HODLers who didn't withdraw Fiat until the crash in Jan-Feb 2014.

What is going on with Satoshidice seems very similar with those new accounts winning almost 1000 BTC.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
famous_

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:18:22 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to add my bad experience to what you guys already know.

I am not an investor in Satoshidice, I deposited for the first time (talk about bad luck!) around 4BTC to the site a week and a half ago. Gambled with it and got cold feet so decided with withdraw 2BTC, didn't work due to the "hot wallet" being full. I have emailed support@satoshidice.com 4 times with no response. Around a week ago my balance disappeared, now when I login it says I have a balance of 2BTC instead of the ~4.2 that I had, and I can't do any rolls, and there's no deposit address- looks kind of like it does when you're not logged in. But I can still see my previous bets 12 days ago.

Now I can't withdraw any money at all.

A word of warning to everybody reading this thread, DO NOT USE this site!! Their support is inactive and they won't talk to you.
maidenvoyage

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:49:09 PM

Hi guys,

Maiden

Today I got a PM from Radian Hero saying: "We have let you cash out completelynow, right?"
To which I responded: " YES, but I would appreciate some comments in the forums on what happened".

jake_a99

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:02:26 PM

Just got a second short message out of Randian Hero, 15 days later:

"We have seen no signs of malicious activity. Sorry to tell you this, but it seems like someone got your password."

No word on how this coincidentally happened to two other high balance investors in the same period.

No word on how, in that very time period, this thread is full of people complaining about hot wallet problems, and being unable to cash-out <1BTC amounts, yet someone who "got my password" (and at least 2 others' passwords presumably,) is able to withdrawal >150 BTC with no problem?

The cash-out thing is really the most damning to them. Even if all of these account hacks weren't there fault, with their notoriously slow cash-out issues it would be beyond easy for them to prevent large cash-outs while they investigated these robberies; in fact one would think this "thief" would have a ton of difficulty cashing out even without preventative action on their part. Are we to believe that they "coincidentally" expedited the large cash-outs that happened to be account hacks?

1982dre

Activity: 1372
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 06:06:54 PM

"We have seen no signs of malicious activity. Sorry to tell you this, but it seems like someone got your password."

No word on how this coincidentally happened to two other high balance investors in the same period.

No word on how, in that very time period, this thread is full of people complaining about hot wallet problems, and being unable to cash-out <1BTC amounts, yet someone who "got my password" (and at least 2 others' passwords presumably,) is able to withdrawal >150 BTC with no problem?

The cash-out thing is really the most damning to them. Even if all of these account hacks weren't there fault, with their notoriously slow cash-out issues it would be beyond easy for them to prevent large cash-outs while they investigated these robberies; in fact one would think this "thief" would have a ton of difficulty cashing out even without preventative action on their part. Are we to believe that they "coincidentally" expedited the large cash-outs that happened to be account hacks?

Sounds very suspicious to me. People having trouble withdrawing and hackers can easily withdraw 150BTC??? I would directly withdraw asap all my funds if I was one of the other users.

.....1% HOUSE EDGE.....
.....FAUCET 3.5K...........
.....RAINBOT
10K..........

█████
 █████     ███
  █████     ███     █
   █████     ███     █
    █████     ███     █
     █████     ███     █
      █████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███     █

█████     ███

█████
..DuckDice..
█████
███     █████
█     ███     █████ 
█     ███     █████  
█     ███     █████   
█     ███     █████    
█     ███     █████     
█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

█     ███     █████

███     █████

█████

.....★  B O N U S E S.....
  L O T T E R Y......
  J A C K P O T......
game-protect

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:23:10 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 03:43:02 PM by game-protect

Does he speak about your password in regards to your satoshidice account or in regards to your email account. Why does he not speak about passwords?

Because usually you need to confirm withdrawals from your email account and you have usually a different password like your satoshidice account.
jake_a99

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:29:01 PM

Do he speak about your password in regards to your satoshidice account or in regards to your email account. Why do he not speak about passwords?

Because usually you would need to confirm withdrawals from your email account and you would have usually a different password like your satoshidice account.

He didn't say anything other than what I posted. He made no mention of how any of this could have occurred. He didn't tell me if my password was reset (which would have sent an email as well, of which there is no evidence of, nor evidence of an unknown login that could have deleted the reset email.) And yeah no mention of withdrawal protocols or anything.

All in all, no actual information, just an informal "haha we robbed you" as far as I can tell.

maidenvoyage

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:56:21 PM

Do he speak about your password in regards to your satoshidice account or in regards to your email account. Why do he not speak about passwords?

Because usually you would need to confirm withdrawals from your email account and you would have usually a different password like your satoshidice account.

He didn't say anything other than what I posted. He made no mention of how any of this could have occurred. He didn't tell me if my password was reset (which would have sent an email as well, of which there is no evidence of, nor evidence of an unknown login that could have deleted the reset email.) And yeah no mention of withdrawal protocols or anything.

All in all, no actual information, just an informal "haha we robbed you" as far as I can tell.

Jake, I am not a specialist.. but I have withdrawn 60 btc recently. There is NO confirming email for each withdrawal. So what they are saying,. if somebody sat on your computer, and logs into satoshidice and you had your password saved, he could easily have transferred the btc.
Request some more help from them. Let them give you you access report, addresses where the btc. went.. So you can figure out what happened. I agree that their support is very bad and that they should offer 2fa to avoid such risks and, and, and.. thats why I pulled out two days ago.
Hope you can figure it out.
game-protect

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:12:25 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 03:41:53 PM by game-protect

Jake, I am not a specialist.. but I have withdrawn 60 btc recently. There is NO confirming email for each withdrawal. So what they are saying,. if somebody sat on your computer, and logs into satoshidice and you had your password saved, he could easily have transferred the btc.
Request some more help from them. Let them give you you access report, addresses where the btc. went.. So you can figure out what happened. I agree that their support is very bad and that they should offer 2fa to avoid such risks and, and, and.. thats why I pulled out two days ago.
Hope you can figure it out.
Whaaat? If there are no confirmation emails, how can you prove that your account was not compromised? O.k., you could request the server logins in Curacao, as the gaming server is in Curacao and they have to store everything by law.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: