Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Voidlord

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:13:31 AM

Think - Share - Explain & Help the opal adoption !

E=(ɔ)mc²

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Voidlord

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:29:12 AM

◄ OPAL FUNDATION ►

While Opal is known for its ability to stay private and discreet, in order to gain reputation and trust in the cryptocurrency ecosystem Opal needs both an official face as well as a formal voice.
Besides representing the entirety of Opal, Opal Foundation will allow further growth and development to continue separately from other duties such as marketing and social communication.
The Opal Foundation will start with three board members, whose positions will cover the span of one month. In this month, new board members will be elected via the people. The three initial members all have already made significant contributions to make Opal the cryptocurrency it is today, all whom currently work with Opal.
The three members are:
•   Lisa Cheng – Opal Marketing
•   Whit Jack – Lead Developer
•   Johnny McCallum – PR for Opal
Three members will be selected to oversee the Opal Foundation via colored coins, which are currently being developed in-house by Opal. The colored coins allow for Opal to stay decentralized in their voting process by utilizing the previously mentioned colored coins technology. The members will run three-month terms and afterward new members will be elected.
Opal Foundation will be up and running within the week, and voting for new members will briefly follow:

In order to be an opal foundation member: in order to build opal !
please reply to the little form on opaltalk :
http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-foundation-board-application/48

E=(ɔ)mc²
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:55:59 PM

Another Idea or Suggestion to look into would be a way to regulate transactions and give recourse to buyers or users.

With Opal there may be layers to make both regulated and unregulated happen though. So by using Opacity you agree all bets are off and send at your own risk and alternatively there may be measures that could be put into place that returns coin if obligations are not met or products are not as described. This could also be voluntary but both parties enter into the agreement to use the service. A service with a name like Opal Marshal could be like an automated 3rd party. The buyer would simply check a button that sends a message to buy if Opal Marshal is agreed to.

Opal Marshal would allow people to take transactions more seriously since it is real money changing hands. I personally think to make a coin reputable it would need something like this, which could even be taken to small claims courts. And once judgement is rendered the coin is released back to the specified wallet.

If O-bey were created, actual auctions could be won and paid for with Opal equal to the price of the item, and secure the purchase on the Blockchain using Opal Marshal.

bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:51:06 PM

I made a new blog post that I think is important for a lot of questions people have: http://whit.opal-coin.com/this-is-your-coin/
Voidlord

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:32:42 PM

I will make a "how to" use syncthing... but i must wait the Beta & understand syncthing tricks perfectly before, help appreciated (if you already used syncthing with the opal-wallet or not Smiley .

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:41:06 PM

My week end will be devoted to the Opal Embassy,
lot of things to do in its real world Smiley

-tide (again ? yes, drawings and cables everywhere...)
-business map enhancement.
-photos
-tshirts
-painting if i have the time.

E=(ɔ)mc²
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:36:02 AM

Hi guys
Can someone tell me why prices keep falling?
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:48:57 AM

Hi guys
More sellers than buyers???

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:52:43 AM

Hi guys
Look at the buy wall on bittrex, there is no buy wall  Sad
Also no volume
arniebaby

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:45:59 PM

Hi guys
Look at the buy wall on bittrex, there is no buy wall  Sad
Also no volume
We can only hope that the team are not actively marketing and promoting intentionally whilst the coin is in heavy development.

Jeffersondk

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:04:56 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 08:34:25 PM by Jeffersondk

Look at the buy wall on bittrex, there is no buy wall  Sad
Also no volume

That lack of buys have been there for days now. There's just no info leaking on any of the developments right now.

Anyway if anybody has some opal for sale, send me a pm Not needed anymore Kiss

bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:14:50 PM

My private buyer is still interested
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:31:58 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 06:44:59 PM by toldy

◄ OPAL FUNDATION ►

What is a fundation? Or is that a typo?

It might be a good idea to talk about some of the benefits of becoming a board member of the foundation. Obviously it is a volunteer position.  Are there any benefits?

I'd like to see the devs and foundation members get some sort of compensation, and not just by donation.

I suggest a hard fork soon.

Opal has earned enough respect by exchanges and the community to hardfork the coin.

I recommend that Opal increase the transaction fee to 0.05 OPAL (let's be brave here).  (peercoin does it with 0.01 tx fee)

Then 50% of the transaction fee gets destroyed for minters, and 50% gets sent to a hard coded wallet address which is funding for the foundation including the dev.

(Even if someone modified their client to avoid the 0.025 OPAL being sent to the foundation address, 99% of people wouldn't go through that hassle.  Most people aren't evil and selfish or technically able)

Oh, and all coins going to the hardcoded foundation wallet address are transaction free? Something like that...

The Opal Dev could hold the keys to it.   If we trust him to dev the coin, we should trust him to manage the foundation wallet address too.

Today it wouldn't amount to a lot of coins. But in the future it could.  Plus it would be hard coded funding that is different the ico, premine, or anything else that fails other coins.

If someone has a better idea, suggest it.  

It is important that everyone read this, and find a way to get involved:

http://whit.opal-coin.com/this-is-your-coin/

This is YOUR Coin
01 April 2015
by Bass

I often get PM's and public questions asking me when the price will go up, or when we will be doing more marketing, and even the rare brave soul who asks why we won't work with pumpers.

These questions are all based on the flawed assumption that the Opal Team and I are here to increase the price and get every person in the world an Opal wallet.

I hold less than 25k-50k Opal on any given day, I am not a pumper, I'm no expert on trading.

Here's what I am here to do:

• Develop a stable coin that works
  • Make sure that opal has features that people are interested in
  • The ultimate goal: Make sure people's funds are safe.

Here's what I can't and/or will not do:

• Work with pumpers to artificially raise the price
  • Magically raise the price
  • Most things that fall outside of development duties

This coin is my pride and joy, and I will not taint it. The coin however, is not mine, it is ours. If you want opal to succeed, be the change it deserves. So let's make a deal. I'll develop the backbone, you do the best you can to help the coin.

Fair?

~BASS

That post by Bass is obviously written from the heart.  I believe in him, and I believe in Opal.  I think it is time for everyone to get involved somehow.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
arniebaby

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:02:42 PM

◄ OPAL FUNDATION ►

It might be a good idea to talk about some of the benefits of becoming a board member of the foundation. Obviously it is a volunteer position.  Are there any benefits?

I'd like to see the devs and foundation members get some sort of compensation, and not just by donation.

Opal has earned enough respect by exchanges and the community to hardfork the coin.

I recommend that Opal increase the transaction fee to 0.05 OPAL (let's be brave here).  (peercoin does it with 0.01 tx fee)

Then 50% of the transaction fee gets destroyed for minters, and 50% gets sent to a hard coded wallet address which is funding for the foundation including the dev.

(Even if someone modified their client to avoid the 0.025 OPAL being sent to the foundation address, 99% of people wouldn't go through that hassle.  Most people aren't evil and selfish or technically able)

Oh, and all coins going to the hardcoded foundation wallet address are transaction free? Something like that...

The Opal Dev could hold the keys to it.   If we trust him to dev the coin, we should trust him to manage the foundation wallet address too.

Today it wouldn't amount to a lot of coins. But in the future it could.  Plus it would be hard coded funding that is different the ico, premine, or anything else that fails other coins.

This is YOUR Coin
01 April 2015
by Bass

I often get PM's and public questions asking me when the price will go up, or when we will be doing more marketing, and even the rare brave soul who asks why we won't work with pumpers.

These questions are all based on the flawed assumption that the Opal Team and I are here to increase the price and get every person in the world an Opal wallet.

I hold less than 25k-50k Opal on any given day, I am not a pumper, I'm no expert on trading.

This coin is my pride and joy, and I will not taint it. The coin however, is not mine, it is ours. If you want opal to succeed, be the change it deserves. So let's make a deal. I'll develop the backbone, you do the best you can to help the coin.

Fair?

~BASS

That post by Bass is obviously written from the heart.  I believe in him, and I believe in Opal.  I think it is time for everyone to get involved somehow.

Well said, we'd be better donating or contributing in some other way to accelerate development and pay for marketing and PR than watch the coin fade into nothing because it isn't funded. There are a lot of coins out there at the minute led by great tech savvy developers that are not progressing because they are wholly tech led and not well known.............................. All that said there are ten people named in the OP on the OPAL team yet this thread has recently hit one comment per day. Where's the drive to succeed. Community needs to step up and create a buzz but opalteam need to give us something more than "announcement" of demo only feature. Regular communication, detail..progress... life signs.

Jeffersondk

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:15:23 PM

Community needs to step up and create a buzz but opalteam need to give us something more than "announcement" of demo only feature. Regular communication, detail..progress... life signs.

After the Marketplace release there was a buzz. The IRC channel was active, BCT was crowded. But after that everybody seems to have move to 'Slack' and I personally lost my connection with Opal right there. Not sure how everybody else experiences this?? Huh

I've been here since the beginning and will stay here till the end. Opal isn't just a coin...

erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:27:38 PM

Community needs to step up and create a buzz but opalteam need to give us something more than "announcement" of demo only feature. Regular communication, detail..progress... life signs.

After the Marketplace release there was a buzz. The IRC channel was active, BCT was crowded. But after that everybody seems to have move to 'Slack' and I personally lost my connection with Opal right there. Not sure how everybody else experiences this?? Huh

I've been here since the beginning and will stay here till the end. Opal isn't just a coin...
Seems pretty nifty. Just picked up a couple thousand for the hell of it.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

That sounds like someone investing in Bitcoin back in 2010

"Just picked up a couple thousand for the hell of it"

--- imagine where you'd be if you had 2,000 bitcoin now? 

So buying into Opal makes sense - you never know.  But I can guarantee you, it's going to have to be a long term investment. Smiley

I thinking the biggest disconnect from investors to devs is all these industry terms popping up all over the place.

OPACITY, still don't know what that is, how to use it, why I want it, or if it's good or not.  A youtube video talking and demonstrating OPACITY might make more sense.

Same with OPAL DRIVE. Every since storj, is that arm of the project dead? Is it functional? I don't know.

COLORED COINS, I've heard a lot of excitement behind them, but no one is actually promoting and using them are they?

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:27:36 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 12:42:37 PM by CryptoNick

That sounds like someone investing in Bitcoin back in 2010

"Just picked up a couple thousand for the hell of it"

--- imagine where you'd be if you had 2,000 bitcoin now?  

So buying into Opal makes sense - you never know.  But I can guarantee you, it's going to have to be a long term investment. Smiley

I thinking the biggest disconnect from investors to devs is all these industry terms popping up all over the place.

OPACITY, still don't know what that is, how to use it, why I want it, or if it's good or not.  A youtube video talking and demonstrating OPACITY might make more sense.

Same with OPAL DRIVE. Every since storj, is that arm of the project dead? Is it functional? I don't know.

COLORED COINS, I've heard a lot of excitement behind them, but no one is actually promoting and using them are they?

Well I don't look at it like we are Investors since Opal was not mined by the Devs to pay themselves with, I was one of the original Miners and it was distributed pretty fairly. I had to rent hash to compete so there was quite a bit of competition.  So we are investing for ourselves. The Devs appreciate any contributions but then again they would have to sell those to cash in if they sold at all.

You can still mine for Opals with the AltNuts MultiPool and that will boost the price.

So I try to contribute with ideas. With the advent of the Alpha for Opal Drive released so quickly after Storj closed its seemingly open door, it turns out in reality the Devs were only being delayed by Storj. But all the better now since competition is good for everyone. Opal may even be able to emulate Storj but as a paid for service instead of mined as incentive. It is a small step since I would just create the space they link to in Opal Drive and their payment would procure the ability, and I believe I could use Opacity. Since it is used to store your (sensitive) information, fully anonymously and encrypted on the blockchain, by sending whatever you want through Opacity to either yourself or your contact(s). With a service like this a key could be sent in Opacity which allows you to see your files. If you haven't paid for the service it can shut off your Opacity Key to the service which would be how you decrypt your files on the server. Or the service could be setup so users are required to Stake 10,000 coins to see their files or whatever creative genius we could come up with to substantiate stability for use.

So many possibilities with Opal. Think about a File Torrent on top of Opal Drive, what if Staking 5,000 Opal was required to get in but instead of only you earning reward the Dev wallet gets a small percentage while you stake and drive. Opal Devs would keep it fair and balanced too, so that is why I can say anything is possible. Anyone who wants to get on the torrent would have to stake 5,000 coins. So you have a demand for the coin suddenly and also guess what... Those Stakers can't sell if they want to use the Torrent. So this would create the loop to utilize the coin within a service that would self perpetuate. If it is being used it sustains itself automatically and also protects the blockchain simultaneously with massive amounts of stakers torrenting. And once the demand for the coin comes along the price would cause other stakers to sell for profit to allow others in but then these new stakers may never sell out. Creating more demand and higher prices etc.. It is kind of like the opposite of Storj since people could just not use Storj to hold files and every single user could be mining it and selling it to each other. So Opal would have the edge here and only 15M coins on top of that instead of 500M to start with.

Colored coins are a whole different arena, but then you also have the ability to Alias. So yeah once everything is fully developed these other aspects will fall into place naturally.
Voidlord

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:08:19 PM

◄ OPAL FUNDATION ►

This is YOUR Coin
01 April 2015
by Bass

Fair?

~BASS

Yes it is, no doubt about that,

Thanks guys for all the good vibes you give to Opal during these last days: i am very busy, Opal Embassy and Bizz dev is very chronovore, but i will have cash to fund the Embassy...

See you this evening Smiley

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:54:22 AM

Opal posters in progress.

Brick after Brick !

E=(ɔ)mc²
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: