Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
forsaken999

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:45:28 PM

You should approach pock.io team at some point and get opalcoin accepted there, great for European members to be able to spend their coins at varied stores/services.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1109

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 08:45:47 PM

I am confirming OPAL is part of SuperNET and we are working together on some really cool tech together!

James
are you able to give info on what the tech is? Smiley
only in the SuperNET slack

can i join? Smiley
just PM me email

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:54:30 PM

Opal joining supernet is good news.  The community is recognizing the teams hard work and they're getting validation from respected members here.  

As Opal continues to grow, I hope they focus more on their marketplace.  A digital goods marketplace provides this coin and community with a huge real world application.  If done right, the digital marketplace can generate millions of dollars in business.  This would rocket opal to one of the top 5 coins.  When I say done right i mean compete against a group of sites on the Envato marketplace (themeforest, activeden, codecanyon).  As a wordpress developer, I could benefit greatly from the Opal marketplace.  

I'd be willing to help on the web development side of the marketplace if there's room for me.  
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

Does anyone know where I can find out all the coins that are on super net?

Didn't all the coins on super net get an insane pump before they got on like vericoin and bitcoindark?

do you guys think this is the next coin to get stupid pumped?

Target exit points anyone? I got in at 900 my target was 5k but I sold only 20% to get the money back I think I should just wait and see instead of selling the rest
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

Didn't all the coins on super net get an insane pump before they got on like vericoin and bitcoindark?

Target exit points anyone? I got in at 900 my target was 5k but I sold only 20% to get the money back I think I should just wait and see instead of selling the rest

With all this coin has to offer even at this very moment, disregarding all the future plans, and with only 15mill OPAL, I think we are only starting to see the true value. I am convinced 5k sat is a stepping stone on the way up. It's really a matter of time. Smiley
DeckardKain

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

yes im holding opal since the very beginning. I knew It would be great one day!
Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:16:31 PM

With all this coin has to offer even at this very moment, disregarding all the future plans, and with only 15mill OPAL, I think we are only starting to see the true value. I am convinced 5k sat is a stepping stone on the way up. It's really a matter of time. Smiley

Yes, some of the supernet coins had a pump but they were having to buy coins to give to the supernet holdings.  If I remember right, Supernet required 10% of a coins supply.  Is Supernet requiring 10% here too?  5,000 sat is still cheap.  10k sat is only a $600k +/- marketcap.  This price is still pennies compared to the potential the marketplace offers if it's built right.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:23:24 PM

Yes, some of the supernet coins had a pump but they were having to buy coins to give to the supernet holdings.  If I remember right, Supernet required 10% of a coins supply.  Is Supernet requiring 10% here too?  5,000 sat is still cheap.  10k sat is only a $600k +/- marketcap.  This price is still pennies compared to the potential the marketplace offers if it's built right.

They acquired 10% through an 800 sat buywall
DeadCatBounceGod

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:24:40 PM

HELP MEH!!

I sent 1000 OPAL to my wallet to start staking 2 days ago, and I still haven't generated any new Opalcoins.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial on how to set up OPAL staking? Please help!

And congrats on the HUGE OPAL rise!!!

nice to see my perdition came true: https://twitter.com/DeadCatBounce/status/538257963119816704
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

HELP MEH!!

I sent 1000 OPAL to my wallet to start staking 2 days ago, and I still haven't generated any new Opalcoins.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial on how to set up OPAL staking? Please help!

And congrats on the HUGE OPAL rise!!!

nice to see my perdition came true: https://twitter.com/DeadCatBounce/status/538257963119816704

Join irc for help
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 09:31:28 PM

BTCD was a special case and the ICO inadvertently created some unsustainable short term demand that spiked the price 50% higher. Like all coins during the bear market, it has dropped, but most of this is attributable to a single larger early investor exiting and a wally bot that is placing a lot of small orders at progressively lower prices. It seems to be doing this to dozens of coins.

Now, when a coin is severely undervalued (OPAL) and the market discovers it for the first time, it is natural for the price to reflect its value better. If anybody really believed OPAL deserved a marketcap of 100 BTC, then you probably werent here in the first place.

I cannot control what the investors that follow me do and some of them do tend to get a bit over eager, but as long as your timeframe is measured in months (and even years), the important thing is to find the good values and buy them at better prices and HODL long term. Few people are making the big money day trading. However, anybody that bought BTC a few years ago and just forgot about them is now having a nice return, regardless of bear market or not.

The altcoin landscape has so many projects, but in reality there are not that many real developers. Sure, you can always hire mercenary coders at crazy high consulting rates, but unless you have VC funding, this is not sustainable. This means the key to a coin's success is their dev team. Good marketing always helps, but if there is no content to market, then it is just harmful. [note: any companies that have VC funding are not selling at nice prices, if at all]

I make no price predictions. SuperNET has already acquired its stake in OPAL, BTCD, VRC, BBR, CHA and NXT. We are in a long term marathon to continue to work hard to keep adding new and valuable features that users actually want to use. By having a single integrated framework, it allows all coin devs to leverage off of other projects.

James

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:35:52 PM

The good thing about this coin how clean and free of trolls and fuds, I have never seen a so clean professional thread like this and this will contribute to the success of Opalcoin

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:40:41 PM

i must say opal is holding strong, i predict opal to be floating around 8-10k soon, could be wrong but who knows lol  Cheesy

Maybe I'm right Wink
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:44:31 PM

just returned from crypsty people there are really excited.. question from many there is why.. such a disparity between exchanges, I mean time am transfering all OPAL to cold storage as development on supernet.. and market place for digital products (I own several other coins targeting digital market place (I hope not just digital) which I think is gonna be big in 2015 and >) is going to happen and I don't buy/sell for satoshi's gain I also noticed anon feature is going to be incorporated , and I noticed even a developer was knocking on your door here to yield help

overall,. it is truly fun and what crypto is all about!    Smiley
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 09:45:43 PM

The altcoin landscape has so many projects, but in reality there are not that many real developers. Sure, you can always hire mercenary coders at crazy high consulting rates, but unless you have VC funding, this is not sustainable. This means the key to a coin's success is their dev team. Good marketing always helps, but if there is no content to market, then it is just harmful. [note: any companies that have VC funding are not selling at nice prices, if at all]

This is so, so true!

The situation is unsustainable in many ways.

Then again I see this as a mandatory transitional phase towards a much more sustainable future.

These times are going to be remembered with epoque similar to the days of the wild wild west. Wink

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 10:07:09 PM

Honest Opal Trading Tactics to Increase Yield -by Truther

Today's H.O.T.T.I.Y-

Whenever a coin sees a dramatic rise in price,
it will rise in a series of stages.
This can be seen in crypto and the stock market.
often in a pattern of 2/3rds rise 1/3rd drop.
This is very well know among professional traders.
There is great risk and reward playing the rise.

The Reward: selling shares on a high ,
then re-buying on the low to increase holdings.

The Risk: selling shares on a high,
then price goes higher without dipping back.

Hotty of the Day-

Female- http://www.photobros.com/data/photos/TCF809nB7cQ.jpg (NSFW)

Male- http://www.carisroane.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HOT-GUY-240-Jamie-Dominic-Photography-Beach-1024x681.jpg (NSFW)

Random Hotty's (never nudes, always tasteful) with each H.O.T.T.I.Y.

CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:14:17 PM

BTCD was a special case and the ICO inadvertently created some unsustainable short term demand that spiked the price 50% higher. Like all coins during the bear market, it has dropped, but most of this is attributable to a single larger early investor exiting and a wally bot that is placing a lot of small orders at progressively lower prices. It seems to be doing this to dozens of coins.

Now, when a coin is severely undervalued (OPAL) and the market discovers it for the first time, it is natural for the price to reflect its value better. If anybody really believed OPAL deserved a marketcap of 100 BTC, then you probably werent here in the first place.

I cannot control what the investors that follow me do and some of them do tend to get a bit over eager, but as long as your timeframe is measured in months (and even years), the important thing is to find the good values and buy them at better prices and HODL long term. Few people are making the big money day trading. However, anybody that bought BTC a few years ago and just forgot about them is now having a nice return, regardless of bear market or not.

I make no price predictions. SuperNET has already acquired its stake in OPAL, BTCD, VRC, BBR, CHA and NXT. We are in a long term marathon to continue to work hard to keep adding new and valuable features that users actually want to use. By having a single integrated framework, it allows all coin devs to leverage off of other projects.

James

Hello James,

You know I am one of your main follower/fans from the beginning of times, I would like to ask you a question.

First how did you get to know  that the Opalcoin dev are not mercenary? as you know as well as I know we cannot check their CV and what have they done in the past as crypto nobody knows who we really are, so for you to understand we know you are a good dev because you have a history in projects like Supernetwork, nxt, btcd , and all kind of assets. How did you manage to get to know if these dev from opal coin were so reliable as they are showing now.

Also but not the least, you know better than me that for a coin to join supernetwork a coin has to have a unique special feature, what is the special feature that opalcoin have that not other coin have?

With all my best respect I sent you my best greetings,

Your always faithfully.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:22:33 PM

I knew you guys where onto a good thing ,well done and thank you Smiley Smiley Smiley

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 10:40:23 PM

James

Hello James,

You know I am one of your main follower/fans from the beginning of times, I would like to ask you a question.

First how did you get to know  that the Opalcoin dev are not mercenary? as you know as well as I know we cannot check their CV and what have they done in the past as crypto nobody knows who we really are, so for you to understand we know you are a good dev because you have a history in projects like Supernetwork, nxt, btcd , and all kind of assets. How did you manage to get to know if these dev from opal coin were so reliable as they are showing now.

Also but not the least, you know better than me that for a coin to join supernetwork a coin has to have a unique special feature, what is the special feature that opalcoin have that not other coin have?

Your always faithfully.
chanc3r does the tech eval and OPAL was very active in accepting feedback, but more specifically I have worked with bassguitarman recently and he delivered actual working code in a short time. identity is far overrated as we have seen time and time again projects with identifiable devs/leaders making a big fail. what good is knowing their identity if they cant code?

so best to evaluate their existing works and better if you can work with them to create something together. i dont want to explain the project we are doing with OPAL yet, as it could get people all crazy and best to allow the price to settle down a bit, so the long term investors can accumulate more at good prices.

Find the good people with dev skills, give them the resources, then most importantly to wait for the time needed. This is how the big money is made. Reasonable sized investments at good prices held for a long term in the good people on good projects. Now, after every doubling or tripling, it is probably a good idea to sell 10% to 20% to extract your capital out. This way if it keeps going you still have a lot of the original investment, but more importantly you are reducing risk and done right you can have a dozen investments all without any net capital in, eg. pure profits.

James

CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:50:07 PM

James

Hello James,

Your always faithfully.
chanc3r does the tech eval and OPAL was very active in accepting feedback, but more specifically I have worked with bassguitarman recently and he delivered actual working code in a short time. identity is far overrated as we have seen time and time again projects with identifiable devs/leaders making a big fail. what good is knowing their identity if they cant code?

so best to evaluate their existing works and better if you can work with them to create something together. i dont want to explain the project we are doing with OPAL yet, as it could get people all crazy and best to allow the price to settle down a bit, so the long term investors can accumulate more at good prices.

Find the good people with dev skills, give them the resources, then most importantly to wait for the time needed. This is how the big money is made. Reasonable sized investments at good prices held for a long term in the good people on good projects. Now, after every doubling or tripling, it is probably a good idea to sell 10% to 20% to extract your capital out. This way if it keeps going you still have a lot of the original investment, but more importantly you are reducing risk and done right you can have a dozen investments all without any net capital in, eg. pure profits.

James

Yes I do understand your philosophy James and I learn not to lose what I have invested, I will explain with an example so everybody understand with basic explanation, for example I had 500,000 ptc, I sold in the past 100,000ptc to buy opal as I had a deja vu, now if I sold back my opal coins into ptc I will have 2 millions ptc but I will not do that, what I will do is to recover my investment to sell a bit opal to get my 100,000ptc back, but not yet, I will wait until tomorrow so I know opal will continue to grow and ptc going down and then get 200,000ptc and still have most of my opal intact. This way you always win. Understood? any doubts how to learn to trade let me know and I will answer to the best of my ability

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: