Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some people say Bitcoin has reached its "maximum exposure" level?  (Read 2034 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

I have to agree that we are still early adopters.

If you ask 1000 random people in the street if they own BTC you would be lucky to find 1 or 2 that do.

My percentages are higher. While heading to the LV conference last December, I stopped at a Wikieup, AZ, service station to fill up with fresh Java - leaded - and an early evening snack. All three women working there knew of Bitcoin to one degree or another.

On the way home, I stopped at a small cafe in Nebraska in a very small town near the interstate exit, again for leaded Java. The young gal wasn't that versed in Bitcoin, but stated that her sister was a big fan of it and this forum. She then asked for my autograph to give to her sister as a birthday present.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

Because the media keeps reporting that the Bitcoin "bubble" has "burst"

the price is gonna go up every 4 years.  with a period of flat, followed by a rally.  Edison Style!

i am here.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:36:49 PM

Everyone I know that has any sort of intelligence know about bitcoin. Why? Because I've told them. I frequently comment on politics in casual conversation, and any time I've got someone who can obviously reason, I divert to economics/currency issues, and bring up bitcoin. Most have heard about it already, but know nothing about it. I usually tell them something like "It's like emailing money, but there is no central bank, corporation, or government controlling it." Pretty much everyone hates one of the three. Their questions direct the conversation after that. It get's easier to more you talk about it. At first it was hard to answer questions eloquently. I've got 7 people who are holding bitcoins now, that weren't when I talked to them. Two years ago there was 0, and even friends that were well versed in economics, monetary policy, and markets were unaware of bitcoin. We're up at least 50x since then, but it's still a very insignificant figure.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:28:00 PM

Everyone I know that has any sort of intelligence know about bitcoin. Why? Because I've told them. I frequently comment on politics in casual conversation, and any time I've got someone who can obviously reason, I divert to economics/currency issues, and bring up bitcoin. Most have heard about it already, but know nothing about it. I usually tell them something like "It's like emailing money, but there is no central bank, corporation, or government controlling it." Pretty much everyone hates one of the three. Their questions direct the conversation after that. It get's easier to more you talk about it. At first it was hard to answer questions eloquently. I've got 7 people who are holding bitcoins now, that weren't when I talked to them. Two years ago there was 0, and even friends that were well versed in economics, monetary policy, and markets were unaware of bitcoin. We're up at least 50x since then, but it's still a very insignificant figure.

I know people who thought mining was "generating free money" hahaha

Account recovered 08-12-2019
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:53:43 PM

Bitcoin still has not reached its maximum exposure level yet. You will know it when people around the world keeps their savings in bitcoin or invest in altcoins. People on the street still do not know much about bitcoin yet.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:59:41 PM

Because the media keeps reporting that the Bitcoin "bubble" has "burst"

the price is gonna go up every 4 years.  with a period of flat, followed by a rally.  Edison Style!

Not gonna but MIGHT (it "should"). Thats the reason people are buying in. But its speculative theory.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:36:33 PM

Not gonna but MIGHT (it "should"). Thats the reason people are buying in. But its speculative theory.

There is enough momentum and enough of us old timers that are committed to Bitcoin that we aren't dependent upon new adoption as we will drag bitcoin to greater values by divesting our own Fiat to fulfill our aspirations. Growing the market-share is merely a perk.

This is going to happen notwithstanding the fly by night speculators or detractors.

btcstomper

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:35:34 PM

In the US, more than 50% of consumers have heard about bitcoin. Still, the majority – 65% – said they are unlikely to buy the currency.

http://www.coindesk.com/real-world-problems-bitcoin-actually-solve-right-now/

This is extremely UNREALISTIC. More like 20%. Just test it yourself, ask random people and they have no fucking idea what Bitcoin is at all.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:34:06 PM

In the US, more than 50% of consumers have heard about bitcoin. Still, the majority – 65% – said they are unlikely to buy the currency.

http://www.coindesk.com/real-world-problems-bitcoin-actually-solve-right-now/

This is extremely UNREALISTIC. More like 20%. Just test it yourself, ask random people and they have no fucking idea what Bitcoin is at all.

Asking random people isn't carrying out a scientific study

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: