Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:11:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: These are the 2 main events that start the next rally:  (Read 1279 times)
Wexlike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:04:43 PM

The next rally starts, when one of these events happens:

• #1 ETF
  • #2 Paypal bitcoin wallet integration and one-click bitcoin purchase through paypal

explanation
#1 I think that is obvious
#2 Paypal has 152 million users. And now imagine what happens when only 1% decide to buy one full bitcoin. The CEO is a bitcoin fan. It's only a matter of time when the implementation happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

Huh, well there are some people who claim that the ETF is already priced in and people may even not be that interested in the ETF as much as everyone seems to think! If the ETF fizzles, the price will suffer even more. I for one am afraid of that ETF!

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

Huh, well there are some people who claim that the ETF is already priced in and people may even not be that interested in the ETF as much as everyone seems to think! If the ETF fizzles, the price will suffer even more. I for one am afraid of that ETF!

Those people are wrong.
tex99

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:38:14 PM

The next rally starts, when one of these events happens:

• #1 ETF
  • #2 Paypal bitcoin wallet integration and one-click bitcoin purchase through paypal

Both of these could be a long way off.
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:39:30 PM

Those people are wrong.

Why? Could you give me a rational explanation why you think that the ETF will be a truly unique investment vehicle and thus a "game-changer" for Bitcoin? I do see that people keep on proclaiming this, but I fail to see what is changing here, really!

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:35:15 PM

not sure if this will trigger the next rally, or the one after that, but both will be pretty big indeed.

yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

People also claim the next halving is factored in.

You just have to look at the people selling to see that nobody is factoring anything in!
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Yes, maybe. Put paypal may increase the sell pressure, and all of this are just promisses, nothing has been implemented so far.

impulse

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:27:18 AM

I don't know why people keep saying that the ETF is priced in, since that is logically impossible, the ETF itself is the mechanism by which that new money would be entering the bitcoin economy. On the other hand, the prevailing attitude that the ETF approval is a foregone conclusion, is certainly not the case. What happens if the ETF is not approved?
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:31:23 AM

False hope and misdirected optimism leads to misery.
greaterfool

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

Those people are wrong.

Why? Could you give me a rational explanation why you think that the ETF will be a truly unique investment vehicle and thus a "game-changer" for Bitcoin? I do see that people keep on proclaiming this, but I fail to see what is changing here, really!

There are literally trillions of dollars of fiat that could (hypothetically) be invested into an ETF that simply can't be invested now, legally or morally. Hedge funds, retail investors, pension fund managers, and (most) securities traders aren't exactly lining up to buy Bitcoins through Cryptsy/Mintpal/Coinbase/LocalBitcoins/IRC-OTC transactions to manage their customers wealth.

You want big money in BTC, then you want Wall Street. You want Wall Street, you want an ETF.

Once Wall Street goes in and we go through *that* bubble, we need to get Real Estate into the mix....
tex99

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:44:54 AM

I don't know why people keep saying that the ETF is priced in, since that is logically impossible, the ETF itself is the mechanism by which that new money would be entering the bitcoin economy. On the other hand, the prevailing attitude that the ETF approval is a foregone conclusion, is certainly not the case. What happens if the ETF is not approved?

The process of getting it approved seems endless. Is there a time limit on it?
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:57:12 AM

what is the ETF waiting for anyway, i have heard about those guys 'planning' to launch an ETC since years now, what's holding them back?
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:00:32 AM

The process of getting it approved seems endless. Is there a time limit on it?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112474/will-a-bitcoin-etf-help-bitcoin-go-mainstream

Article says Q4 2014.

It also states “If Bitcoin can do the same thing for finance that the Internet did for communications and shopping, a single unit could be worth "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in 10 years." Cool

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:02:13 AM

WOW this just came through in Google Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/teraexchange-bitcoin-derivative-cftc/

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:32:50 AM

The swap, and Braintree are interesting developments, I am more inclined to watch Russia. With the ban and the possibility of war coming things could get crazy.
2014 is just the quiet before the storm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: