Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 trying to remotely SSH tunnel to home Raspberry Pi (how?)  (Read 8310 times)
discoloud (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:42:57 AM

Hello, first post.  My goal is to use an Antminer S1 to SSH tunnel from a remote separate network to my Raspberry Pi at home setup.  I have already setup a public SSH key on the Pi and forwarded a port (not 22 as I've seen is advised against).  I can remotely communicate with the Pi using Putty along with the paired private SSH key (client side).  The problem for me is how do I setup the Antminer S1 to be an SSH client as I do with Putty and connect to my Raspberry Pi SSH server.  Lastly, how do I need to setup the Pi so that the Antminer S1 can access, for example, Slush's Pool through the Pi?  I've been studying but all I really find for SSH with the Antminer S1 are people trying to look at the Antminer status itself and that is not what I'm looking to do.  Thanks for any bits of help in advance!

-disco
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:20:33 AM

Easiest way look into team viewer if you have a PC you can leave on.   If you have a static IP then not a worry at home.  But with Team Viewer IP will not matter. 
discoloud (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:45:33 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 05:38:54 AM by discoloud

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but I will have easy access to communicate and monitor my Antminer.  What I'm trying to do is have the Antminer S1 access Slush's Pool through an SSH tunnel.  I basically don't want the network the Antminer will be on to observe any 8332 or any type of typical mining port traffic.  From my understanding setting up a Pi with a VPN or SSH tunnel is a way to do it.  I have the PI SSH setup now I need to configure the Antminer to tunnel through one network to my home network and out to Slush's Pool (or any coin pool).
naveennoel

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Hello,

I am looking out for the same solution, were you able to get this to work?
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 08:39:57 AM

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but I will have easy access to communicate and monitor my Antminer.  What I'm trying to do is have the Antminer S1 access Slush's Pool through an SSH tunnel.  I basically don't want the network the Antminer will be on to observe any 8332 or any type of typical mining port traffic.  From my understanding setting up a Pi with a VPN or SSH tunnel is a way to do it.  I have the PI SSH setup now I need to configure the Antminer to tunnel through one network to my home network and out to Slush's Pool (or any coin pool).
Hello,

I am looking out for the same solution, were you able to get this to work?

Try to install/compile stratum mining proxy. Let the mining proxy run, no other setting need if you are going to mine on slush pool.
Point your ant to Rpi address:3333
naveennoel

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:22:59 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 04:01:51 AM by naveennoel

Thanks for your reply Zich. I am assuming we need to run the stratum mining proxy on the pi?

Cgminer Runs behind a firewall, so I cannot run the mining proxy in the same network as cgminer.

I tried running the stratum mining proxy on the Pi and pointed the miner to the proxy through an ssh tunnel, no luck.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 07:43:12 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 07:58:04 AM by Zich

Thanks for your reply Zich. I am assuming we need to run the stratum mining proxy on the pi?

Cgminer Runs behind a firewall, so I cannot run the mining proxy in the same network as cgminer.

I tried running the stratum mining proxy on the Pi and pointed the miner to the proxy through an ssh tunnel, no luck.

Yes, run it on Rpi.
This is beyond my expertise if not work, sorry i had no experiences on ssh tunnel.
Never play with ssh tunnel  Cheesy

Try this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14495.0
warrmr

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:20:20 PM

I think I know what you are trying to achieve, I'm not on a windows machine at the moment so cannot post any screenshots but I will try my best to talk you through it and post screenshots tomorrow if I can.

Option 1 - Single Miner

1) Fill out the host page as you normally would to connect to your RPi
2) In the left hand navigation pane select "SSH >Tunnels
3) In source port fill out 8080
4) Destination Port enter antIP:80 example 192.168.1.99:80
5) Click the add button
6) Go back to your first page and connect to your RPi
7) Log in to your SSH session and ensure you can see the # or $ shell

Cool On your web browser navigate to http://localhost:8080

This will direct that web request through the SSH tunnel to your Antminer.

Option 2 - Multiple Miners Chrome and Foxy Proxy

1) Navigate to "SSH > Tunnels" in Putty
2) Select the Dynamic radio button
3) Enter 8080 in the source port
4) Connect this session to your RPi as normal
5) Ensure you have the # or $ prompt.

6) Configure Foxy Proxy to use localhost:8080 as the proxy server and to direct all traffic towards the proxy.
7) Navigate to your miners IP as you normally would

NOTE: Please be careful about using this method on a corporate network as this can be used to circumvent certain web filters which will more than likely be against your IT Policy.

EDIT: Didn't read post #3, ignore the above as this will give you remote access to your miners via the RPi as an SSH/Proxy server it will not tunnel the connections towards slush pool through an ssh connection.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: